KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » "Malachor was a DS nexus" debunked by Matt Martin?

"Malachor was a DS nexus" debunked by Matt Martin?
Started by: TheIndyJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheIndyJedi

"Malachor was a DS nexus" debunked by Matt Martin?

After years of Kbroskywalker/Rockydonovang trying to hype Ahsoka up by claiming her showings against Vader and Maul were impressive as they were both "amped" by a darkside nexus without no real evidence , somebody finally tweeted to Matt Martin about his stance on nexuses in canon.

Attachment: matt martin quote.png
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Last edited by TheIndyJedi on Jan 13th, 2019 at 12:03 AM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 12:00 AM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

ayy lmao

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 12:24 AM
Click here to Send BestDebaterEver a Private Message Find more posts by BestDebaterEver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

They don't even know what a nexus is, don't know why'd ask that, lmao.

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 12:34 AM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HP Legend

Good it's been confirmed that nothing more than conjecture supported it.

"You were weak when I found you. I did not expect you to survive your training. But now, your hatred has become your strength. At last, the dark side is your ally. "

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 12:43 AM
Click here to Send HP Legend a Private Message Find more posts by HP Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Yup

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 04:55 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Tbf, he didn't formally 'debunk' anything there.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 08:58 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

He debunked that anythings factual regarding combat advantages on a Canon Nexus specific to Sith or Jedi.

The source used as evidence from the Ahsoka camp was Henry Gilroy. Yet even he was clearly unsure, and stated to clarify from Filoni. And even he only applied to the flight abilities.

Most importantly he clarified ideas in Filoni/Gilroys minds are not canon until specifically made canon.

All we need now is for someone to ask Matt if Maul flailed backwards against Ahsoka due to her clear superiority, And watch him reply: ???

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jan 13th, 2019 at 10:28 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthCaedus77

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HP Legend
Good it's been confirmed that nothing more than conjecture supported it.

"We stand on a tipping point where we can choose chaos, or order"
-Jacen Solo

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 02:52 AM
Click here to Send DarthCaedus77 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCaedus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Darth Thor
He debunked that anythings factual regarding combat advantages on a Canon Nexus specific to Sith or Jedi.

The source used as evidence from the Ahsoka camp was Henry Gilroy. Yet even he was clearly unsure, and stated to clarify from Filoni. And even he only applied to the flight abilities.

Most importantly he clarified ideas in Filoni/Gilroys minds are not canon until specifically made canon.

All we need now is for someone to ask Matt if Maul flailed backwards against Ahsoka due to her clear superiority, And watch him reply: ???
Nothing in his tweet was stated as incontrovertible fact, though. Hence: "I wasn't in the room for those discussions so I can't speak to it."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 12:47 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Galan007
Nothing in his tweet was stated as incontrovertible fact, though. Hence: "I wasn't in the room for those discussions so I can't speak to it."

Yes but hes also basically saying, that even if he was there, ideas like that being tossed around are not canon. And that it hasnt made it into any official source as far as hes aware.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 01:06 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Not "necessarily" truth were his exact words.

Again, nothing in that tweet formally debunks anything. Dude outright says that he wasn't present for the discussions, so he can't speak to the implications one way or the other.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 01:21 PM
Zenwolf

So we’re still asking these guys questions why now? Neither them or authors ever seem to give clear cut answers.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 04:26 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zenwolf
So we’re still asking these guys questions why now? Neither them or authors ever seem to give clear cut answers.

Because if they dont know themselves, and its not stated in a canon source anywhere, then how can it be canon lol

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 04:34 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

It's just a cluster**** to be honest. Chee seems to think author statements and opinions hold canonical weight, whereas the vast majority of authors I've seen comment on things (including Martin, Boyd and Karpyshyn) all think their opinions don't mean squat.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 04:38 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Selenial
Chee seems to think author statements and opinions hold canonical weight,

Wasnt that with the Old Canon? Now its all down to the story group I believe.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 05:20 PM
TheIndyJedi

Well point is, Rocky/Kbro can't overhype Ahsoka anymore as he doesn't have any definitive proof that she contended with Vader and Maul on a DS nexus

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 06:34 PM
Darth Thor

^ He never did have any lol. But that never stopped him.

He still claims Ahsoka forced Maul back due to her superiority.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 07:43 PM
Zenwolf

Also frankly guys, I think there's way too much stock being put into these people's words when it comes to SW. Yeah, I get it these guys are authors of certain things/stories, but when they don't really give a clear answer then that should tell you something. SW seems to be the only one where I constantly see people bug the authors about every little thing.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jan 14th, 2019 at 11:30 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 11:27 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Hes not an author. Hes part of the story group.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 07:43 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Hes not an author. Hes part of the story group.

Author/Story group, my point is the same.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 09:35 AM