KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What could a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be trying to create?

What could a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be trying to create?
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Abonis

What could a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be trying to create?

Im trying to write a story about a scientist who is working on something in the era of the New Republic. He does not believe in the Force. I just need something for him to be researching. It really isn’t that important to the story; it just has to sound cool and scientific. Also it can’t have already been done in Legends or Canon. I want a fresh idea.

It cannot be

A time machine
A teleporter
A matter replicator
A singularity Weapon
Any type of droid
Anything to do with holograms
A food synthesizer
Anything to do with the Force or Midi-chlorians
A shrink ray
A freeze ray
pico and femtotechnology
A Dyson sphere or any type of megastructure.
Liquid metal armor or a nano morph
Any improvements on the hyperdrive
Limb regeneration
Hyperspace nullifier
Holodeck
Knowledge Transfer (Instant learning like in the Matrix)
Philosophers Stone
Kinetic weapons
Solar sail
Anything to do with kyber crystals
Gene editing
Improvements on deflector shields
Mech suit
Exosuit
Gender change
In canon, during the Empire, scientists were researching methods to control droids, lasers that can punch through deflector shields and ship scale disintigrators. These ideas are therefore taken.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 04:12 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

What about something like a neutrino based scanner or something. Like some kinda scanner/optical lens thing which projects neutrinos (subatomic particles that can easily pass through matter) and have the scientist do some scifi shit to entangle them in a field or some shit so that they bounce back and transmit information on whatever they pass through.

It would certainly have its medical uses, but also military and espionage uses.

Call it "the Oculus" or some shit.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 05:16 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
What about something like a neutrino based scanner or something. Like some kinda scanner/optical lens thing which projects neutrinos (subatomic particles that can easily pass through matter) and have the scientist do some scifi shit to entangle them in a field or some shit so that they bounce back and transmit information on whatever they pass through.

It would certainly have its medical uses, but also military and espionage uses.

Call it "the Oculus" or some shit.
I like that. :3

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 05:52 AM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

An experiment to create the most powerful being the force has ever known. Give him like 8 lightsabers attached to his body and call him something cool like "Xayn"

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 05:55 AM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xolthol
Abeloth Mother

Create a new way to transmit information. Let me explain : one of the basis of information is the stability of it link with its support (if I write something in the stone and that no transformation of the support happened ie no destruction, at every moment in the futur anybody who know the language that I use can understand my message). This imply that every single message can be found.
Your scientist should be able to create a way to tranfer an information which will destroy itself but this would imply the really destruction of the information (as an example if someone take a photo of this information it will also dissepear with time) it should only stay in the mind of the guy who read/hear/smell/touch/taste it.
This could have obviously a really useful use in all cryptography field but I think that in order to find a way to do this he will create a weapon (by error) which can destroy any mind by reading this message but the weapon only last for a finite time (pretty short), other mind link problem can be find (mind control, schizophrenia, paranoia...)

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 07:32 AM
Click here to Send xolthol a Private Message Find more posts by xolthol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

I wish I could translate the gas used for AKA epée à saccade, AKA packed with saccade, by removing the mortelame equipement, but I remember that the translation of mortelame is accurate and can not translate or translate the correct translation ... the word Hide HARD. but hey.

So the last state makes you make Telsa a weapon!

And you're just looking to hurt the mandalorians because our rtoops uses solid platoïd weapons ......

If you know baskar is a type of alloy steel ... So it should usually also affect their cars .... Errrrfff

+ Not all mandalorians use Mandalorian iron.

Secondly, it is normal to resist the heat of the heat that should be used in the artificial heat under the plating.

As shown by a large holocron, the information register in one holocron can not be measured .... Sith also indicates that it can contain energy and energy.

The gatekeeper of the Holocron gate was the Avatar of the Princess Revan, and the building was supported by a powerful crystal from the Force. However, the crystal was uncertainty, and when Holocron was widely used, the crystal became smaller.

Holocron can contain an element that can not respond to the reader ....

You can use holocron to insert part of your soul to it ... In part of its personality in it. It's included in all your information and what you have seen in your life?

Like horcrux?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 10:51 AM
Click here to Send BestDebaterEver a Private Message Find more posts by BestDebaterEver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Did Revanchiste hack your account

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 11:16 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

*sign of the Cross*

Bless Revanchiste.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 12:36 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

the device that can create holographic image so terrifying and visually twisted that it literally forces the viewer to AN HERO. creation so twisted and out of mind, basically 4D being seen by 3D person with their 3D eyes that the brain can't process it and it short-circuits

THEN THE CREATOR BECOMES HUNTED BY THE MILITARY GOVERNMENTS WHICH SEE IT AS THE ABSOLUTE INFINITE SUPERWEAPON

NO LONGER ARE DEATH STARS NEEDED, ONLY SPECIAL HOLOPROJECTORS THAT CREATE THIS IMAGE THAT LITERALLY MAKES EVERYBODY GO MAD AND THEIR BRAINS SUFFER EQUIVALENT OF LOBOTOMY

EVERY NATION IN THE GALAXY FIGHTS FOR THE HOLOPROJECTOR, EITHER TO WEAPONIZE IT OR TO DESTROY IT TO SAVE THEIR PEOPLE

WEAPONIZED AUTISM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 12:36 PM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

SOON, HOWEVER, AMONG THE APOCALYPSE, SOLUTION IS DISCOVERED

WHEN YOU SHED YOUR FORESKIN THE PAIN IS SO EXTRAORDINARY YOU ARE NO LONGER SUSPECTIBLE TO THE HORROR IMAGE BECAUSE YOUR BRAIN IS TOO FOCUSED ON THE PAIN AND ONLY 10% OF YOUR BRAIN COMPREHENDS THE IMAGE

THAT ALLOWS THE BRAIN TO GRADUALLY CREATE DEFENSE, LIKE IN CASE OF VACCINES

FIRST YOUR BRAIN ONLY COMPREHENDS 10% AND YOU SURVIVE BECAUSE REST OF YOUR BRAIN IS TOO BUSY WITH PAIN

THEN THE PAIN GETS SMALLER AND YOUR BRAIN COMPUTES HALF OF THE IMAGE

ITS STILL PAINFUL AS HELL BUT YOU CAN PUSH THROUGH IF YOUR WILLPOWER IS STRONG ENOUGH

THUS STEP BY STEP YOU GAIN IMMUNITY BY NOT BEING EXPOSED TO THE FULL CHAOS OF THE HOLOPROJECTORS POWER

IN THE END ANTI-VACINNERS ALL DIE

SCIENCE TRIUMPHS ONCE AGAIN

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 12:40 PM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by xolthol
Create a new way to transmit information. Let me explain : one of the basis of information is the stability of it link with its support (if I write something in the stone and that no transformation of the support happened ie no destruction, at every moment in the futur anybody who know the language that I use can understand my message). This imply that every single message can be found.
Your scientist should be able to create a way to tranfer an information which will destroy itself but this would imply the really destruction of the information (as an example if someone take a photo of this information it will also dissepear with time) it should only stay in the mind of the guy who read/hear/smell/touch/taste it.
This could have obviously a really useful use in all cryptography field but I think that in order to find a way to do this he will create a weapon (by error) which can destroy any mind by reading this message but the weapon only last for a finite time (pretty short), other mind link problem can be find (mind control, schizophrenia, paranoia...)
I do like tasting information? :3

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 03:14 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

A device that can create such a horrible holographic image and look so repentant that it moves the viewer to AN HERO. creation is twisted and out of mind, essentially 4D is seen by a 3D person with their 3D eyes that the brain can not process and short-circuits

CREATURES THE PLACE OF THE MILLIONAL FEATURES WHEN IT IS EFFECTIVE OF THE INTERNATIONAL STUDY

NO DEPARTMENT OF DEPARTMENT NEED, FREE HOLY SPIRITUALS TO OPEN THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE IMPLEMENTATION OF TRANSLATION OF TRANSPORT AND DEVELOPMENT OF ALL PEOPLE AND YOUR WORKERS OF THE PEOPLE WHO USE

ALL DEPARTMENT OF THE GALAXY LIVING LIFE HOLOPROJECTOR, LAW LIFE OR FIRST ACCESS TO OUR PEOPLE

He WAS FREE TO START

Old Post today 12:36 PM
gold slorg is currently offline Click here to send gold slorg Privacy Message Get more posts with gold slorg Edit / Delete Message Reply w / Quote Quick Quote

gold slorg
Yun-Yuuzhan

YEAR, BEFORE, ONLY AND APOCALYPSE, USE AND APPLICATION

WHEN YOU SHOULD LIVE YOUR EXTRAORDINARY PERIOD DO NOT BE THE TIME OF LIFE LIFE FOR YOUR INVESTMENT AND 10% OF YOUR SERVICE GUIDELINES LIVING

OPEN TO OPEN THE GREAT BEGINNING, AS YOU SHOULD COME

START YOUR FIRST ONLY 10% AND RESPECT AS YOUR LIFE OF YOUR PROGRAM ONLY AND PLEASE

AND FEATURES WE BELIEVE AND YOUR FIRST FEATURES

YOUR LIFE IS PERFECT AND YOU CAN LIVE OR YOUR EFFECTS

APPLICATION FOR THE PRINCIPLE CAN BE CONTRIBUTED TO THE BODY OF THE MEMBERS OF THE MEMORIAL HUMAN KINGDOM

IN THE END OF ALL PEOPLE OF PEOPLE

SCIENCE IS GOVERNING

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 05:46 PM
Click here to Send BestDebaterEver a Private Message Find more posts by BestDebaterEver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthCaedus77

A time machine.

wink

"We stand on a tipping point where we can choose chaos, or order"
-Jacen Solo

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 03:43 AM
Click here to Send DarthCaedus77 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCaedus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by One Big Mob
An experiment to create the most powerful being the force has ever known. Give him like 8 lightsabers attached to his body and call him something cool like "Xayn"
lol. Maybe he could be working with an assistant with an awesome name too like Alucard.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 04:28 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote