KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » For Legacy books, outside of the Thrawn Trilogy and Rogue Squadron

For Legacy books, outside of the Thrawn Trilogy and Rogue Squadron
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

cdtm is online now!

For Legacy books, outside of the Thrawn Trilogy and Rogue Squadron

..what else is worth reading?

I've read Courtship of Princess Leia and The Crystal Star, and my god... my GOD were those bad. Just awful, awful stories. Courtship was bad fanfic where Han abducts Leia by violating her mind, and wins a planet full of Rancor riding witch's in a card game. Crystal Star I don't even really remember, because it was that bad..

Tales of the Bounty Hunters was alright. I liked Dengar's story, and how Boba Fett kept killing IG-88.

I liked Shadows of the Empire.

Young Han Solo was forgettable. Very bland.

And that's about all I've read. I heard the NJO was godawful in general. Everything else is said to be worse..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Feb 9th, 2019 at 10:15 PM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 10:11 PM
Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Legacy?

You mean Legends?

Darth Plagueis and the RotS novelization are good.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 10:51 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

cdtm is online now!

Yeah, Legends.

I wanted to get into NJO, because of the Yuuzhan Vong, but that's a lot of novels if the series isn't that good.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 10:58 PM
Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurll

Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor is pretty good.

Last edited by Kurll on Feb 9th, 2019 at 11:05 PM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 11:03 PM
Click here to Send Kurll a Private Message Find more posts by Kurll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, Legends.

I wanted to get into NJO, because of the Yuuzhan Vong, but that's a lot of novels if the series isn't that good.
They are. And they also have Nyax and then TUF as a payoff. Suck it up fukhead.

The Darth Caedus shit after The Dark Nest is gay though. I really liked Fate of The Jedi.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 11:16 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

Your sig is still peak, 10/10

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 11:19 PM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

NJO is great if you want the galaxy in a real, full-scale, terrifying war. The only series to do the horror of what war is properly.

Everywhere else it feels more like a fairytale. NJO is the full horror, size and sacrifice of real war. It has few weak books (around 5 imo), but also some of the best gems ever, ended with The Unifying Force which may be the best ending there could have been to Star Wars. EU should have ended with TUF, really.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2019 03:07 AM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

I’ve been re-reading a few of James Luceno’s work—Labyrinth of Evil and Darth Plagueis. Both are very good books if you’re into the more political side of Star Wars.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2019 07:20 AM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Read Yoda: Dark Rendezvous.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 10th, 2019 11:56 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthCaedus77

Read New Jedi Order, Dark Nest and Legacy Of The Force.

"We stand on a tipping point where we can choose chaos, or order"
-Jacen Solo

Old Post Feb 10th, 2019 01:44 PM
Click here to Send DarthCaedus77 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCaedus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurll

Originally posted by DarthCaedus77
Read New Jedi Order, Dark Nest.

thumb up

Old Post Feb 10th, 2019 01:57 PM
Click here to Send Kurll a Private Message Find more posts by Kurll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

cdtm is online now!

Originally posted by One Big Mob
They are. And they also have Nyax and then TUF as a payoff. Suck it up fukhead.

The Darth Caedus shit after The Dark Nest is gay though. I really liked Fate of The Jedi.

Leia's a *****. And she's stupid.

Those Z-95 Headhunters could have shot her down, if Wurth didn't do his Maverick thing.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2019 04:24 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Galan007
Read Yoda: Dark Rendezvous.

thumb up

Old Post Feb 10th, 2019 06:25 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

If u liked the thrawn trilogy id suggest reading Specter of the Past and Vision of the Future. Zahn continues Thrawns story in the 2 books and they are pretty good reads. And if ur really into thrawn u could also read Outbound Flight which tells the earlier story of how thrawn meets both the empire and jorrus cboath. Tbh the book kind of sucks but it has alot of interesting info if u like the characters. Then finaly the book Survivors Quest wraps up the outbound flight/Thrawn story lines, and is an overall better read than outbound flight.

Other than that some of the better books are Dark Rendezvou and Plagueis (like others mentioned), Labyrinth of Evil whose ending leads into the beginning of RotS, and Shadows of the Empire which leads into ESB.

They might not be the greatest novels ever written but The Jedi Academy trilogy are fun reads too, and if u like those then id defiantly suggest reading I, Jedi. It tells the origin story of Corran Horn and retcons him into the JA trilogy, and its just an overall good book imho.

As for the later stories/series its kind of hard to suggest just one or two books because the Vong, Fate of the Jedi, and Legacy of the Force, are all long running series rather than stories told in 1, 2 or 3 books. So u kind of have to read the whole series beginning to end or u will miss alot of stuff.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2019 07:30 AM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

TL;DR

Read everythng by Zahn, Luceno, and Stover. Also read Dark Rendezvous and Shadows of the Empire.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2019 11:30 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

Dark Rendezvous is overrated imo, wasn’t too keen on the way Yoda and Dooku were portrayed. Yoda’s exactly like he is in ESB and Dooku is mad petty. Jai Maruk and Max Leem are really cool though :/

Old Post Feb 14th, 2019 03:34 PM