KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » "Malachor was a DS nexus" debunked by Matt Martin?

"Malachor was a DS nexus" debunked by Matt Martin?
Started by: TheIndyJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Author/Story group, my point is the same.

Yeah but I think the Story Group guys should be expected to answer questions. Novelists on the other hand... The kind of questions fans ask is probably beyond most of them.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 11:27 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

Ahsoka VS Shaak Ti. Who’s the more overrated torgruta.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 11:36 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

They're both probably underrated.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 03:10 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

--

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Feb 7th, 2019 at 05:50 AM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2019 05:47 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Galan007
Tbf, he didn't formally 'debunk' anything there.

Yeah, well, critical thinking becomes comfirmation bias when you try to fit the evidence into desired conclusions.

Anyway, here. Since screenplay writing is hard, i'll spend a few seconds to clear this up by reposting the link I've posted but people have undoubtedly refused to read multiple times with because it doesn't align with the world view of sw powersets that they've become emotionally attached to.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...-canon-1908650/

Notice the use of multiple offical sources . As always if contrary evidence is provided, then i'm open to this being debunked. But asking a dude a question and disregarding when he claims he isn't sure is the height of cognitive dissonance.

Oh and here's another source posted in the comments:
quote:
"While Darth Vader suffered a terrible defeat on Mustafar, he would choose to make the lava planet his home. The Sith Lord constructed a massive castle, harnassing Mustafar lava for energy. The building was a blackened tower, dividing in the middle to resemble tuning forks. According to legend, it was built on the site of an ancient Sith cave, and the tower itself was designed to channel the power of the Dark Side." - StarWars.Com: Mustafar.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2019 05:49 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Like I said: Martin didn't formally debunk anything with this particular Twitter post. Directing a faux-intellectual rant towards me doesn't change that.

As mentioned, in the same breath Martin explicitly stated that he wasn't present for the discussions, so he couldn't speak to the implications either way. Therefore, his statement should not be construed as incontrovertible fact... Quite the opposite, actually.

I don't have a stake in this whole 'nexus debate' one way or the other(literally couldn't care less.) Again, I am just commenting on the inadmissibility of this specific post of his.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 7th, 2019 at 12:43 PM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2019 12:37 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Yeah, well, critical thinking becomes comfirmation bias when you try to fit the evidence into desired conclusions.

Anyway, here. Since screenplay writing is hard, i'll spend a few seconds to clear this up by reposting the link I've posted but people have undoubtedly refused to read multiple times with because it doesn't align with the world view of sw powersets that they've become emotionally attached to.

Notice the use of multiple offical sources . As always if contrary evidence is provided, then i'm open to this being debunked. But asking a dude a question and disregarding when he claims he isn't sure is the height of cognitive dissonance.

There is still no evidence in canon that these so called "darkside nexuses" hinder lightside users

Old Post Feb 7th, 2019 06:19 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Galan007
[B]Like I said: Martin didn't formally debunk anything with this particular Twitter post. Directing a faux-intellectual rant towards me doesn't change that.

Wasn't directed at you. I should have used better pronounds, lol.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2019 06:51 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

--

Old Post Feb 7th, 2019 06:52 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Wasn't directed at you. I should have used better pronounds, lol.
Lol, no worries. thumb up

Old Post Feb 7th, 2019 07:20 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

I will delete this post now, its kinda cringeworthy

Old Post Feb 7th, 2019 07:54 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Huh?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2019 08:33 PM
TheIndyJedi

I didnt know you cant delete posts on kmc wow

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 07:25 AM
Darth Thor

Using official sources doesn't make you right.

Matt Martin is also an official source.

Point is nobody official (and no official source) has confirmed anything regarding the matter.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 11:32 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote:
It's a fine theory and I wasn't in the room for those discussions so I can't speak to it

/thread.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 11:34 PM
TheIndyJedi

/thread.

Point still stands though. I have seen many of your posts on CV regarding Ahsoka helding her own against Maul and Vader on "a darkside nexus". Even if darkside nexuses exist in canon, we have no way to gauge how powerful they are as compared to the legends version of nexuses, we also don't know if they hinder light side users. But judging from the episode itself, it clearly doesn't, as Ahsoka was doing just fine against Maul and Vader. (unless there is some kind of PIS involved like in virtually every Rebels episode)

Old Post Feb 9th, 2019 03:56 AM
Freedon Nadd

Re: "Malachor was a DS nexus" debunked by Matt Martin?

Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
After years of Kbroskywalker/Rockydonovang trying to hype Ahsoka up by claiming her showings against Vader and Maul were impressive as they were both "amped" by a darkside nexus without no real evidence , somebody finally tweeted to Matt Martin about his stance on nexuses in canon.

Malachor V is both a Dark Side nexus and a Wound in The Force.

When Bao-Dur's Mass Shadow Generator was activated, it cleansed most of the Force on the planet, but it was not strong enough to penetrate Trayus Academy's structure. And this is why there is still the presence of the darkness felt in that place.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 16th, 2019 11:06 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HP Legend

Re: Re: "Malachor was a DS nexus" debunked by Matt Martin?

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Malachor V is both a Dark Side nexus and a Wound in The Force.

When Bao-Dur's Mass Shadow Generator was activated, it cleansed most of the Force on the planet, but it was not strong enough to penetrate Trayus Academy's structure. And this is why there is still the presence of the darkness felt in that place.

This thread is about canon not Legends...

"You were weak when I found you. I did not expect you to survive your training. But now, your hatred has become your strength. At last, the dark side is your ally. "

Old Post Mar 17th, 2019 12:28 AM
Click here to Send HP Legend a Private Message Find more posts by HP Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Re: Re: Re: "Malachor was a DS nexus" debunked by Matt Martin?

Originally posted by HP Legend
This thread is about canon not Legends...

Ok...?

But, still, most people don't know that.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 17th, 2019 03:52 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

You know thinking about Malachor in the D canon sense, anyone else notice that in all of Rebels, many of the planets were...very bland and uninteresting?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2019 05:19 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote