KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Potential Disney/Lucasfilm projects...

Potential Disney/Lucasfilm projects...
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HP Legend
Yeah... no. Darth Maul appearing in Solo was incredibly pointless and not needed at all.

It seems that way now, but im sure they had plans to use that further before Solo flopped.

Also people are always complaining that the films dont reference/integrate the EU enough. So I applaud them for finally acknowledging the other canon material in such a big way.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 11:36 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Darth Thor
It seems that way now, but im sure they had plans to use that further before Solo flopped.

Also people are always complaining that the films dont reference/integrate the EU enough. So I applaud them for finally acknowledging the other canon material in such a big way.

This is one of the most "glass half full" comments I've ever read on the internet.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 12:29 PM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HP Legend

^

"You were weak when I found you. I did not expect you to survive your training. But now, your hatred has become your strength. At last, the dark side is your ally. "

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 04:21 PM
Click here to Send HP Legend a Private Message Find more posts by HP Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Re: Potential Disney/Lucasfilm projects...

Originally posted by Galan007
Aside from the thought of a f*cking Rose Tico show(lmao), some of the others could be interesting.

Discuss.

No, they couldn't.

And if Episode 9 gets boycotted like Solo was, then Star Wars fans won't have to put up with any retarded garbage that Disney puts out.

Eventually they will have to sell the franchise to a company that would bring back the old EU for profit, and then Disney will be made Non-Canon (which it already borderline-is).

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 08:55 AM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I doubt Solo was actually boycotted on a large scale. Just the excitement wasnt there for a kinda pointless spin off just a few months after TLJ disappointed so many.

Im sure Episode 9 will make at least as much as TLJ. Even though Im personally not excited one bit for it.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 12:00 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Yeah, the anti-Disney brigade definitely thinks they played a vastly greater role in Solo flopping than they actually did.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 02:48 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by AncientPower
Yeah, the anti-Disney brigade definitely thinks they played a vastly greater role in Solo flopping than they actually did.

What else do you think did it? Other than the "anti-Disney brigade" AKA 95% of Star Wars fans refusing to waste their hard-earned cash on it.

Hello, McFly!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 03:06 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I expect it has to do with the fact that the film looked and was bad. Plus, it came out after TLJ which was undoubtedly an incredibly divisive film (despite what many may say).

The calls for boycotts and the like played a very little part.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 03:42 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

No one cared about a Han Solo film that didn't even have Harrison Ford. Simple.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2019 12:21 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by ares834
I expect it has to do with the fact that the film looked and was bad. Plus, it came out after TLJ which was undoubtedly an incredibly divisive film (despite what many may say).

The calls for boycotts and the like played a very little part.

It just made the boycott easier. wink

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2019 01:57 AM
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by AncientPower
No one cared about a Han Solo film that didn't even have Harrison Ford. Simple.

Close - but no cigar.

Actually, no one wanted to see a movie in which Han Solo was portrayed by Alden Ehrenreich.

- The fans wanted Anthony Ingruber to play Solo - but Disney (big surprise) didn't listen to what the fans wanted.

All of that, plus the film looking like shit anyway as ares834 said, plus people generally waking up to the Non-Canon garbage mess that is Disney "star wars" convinced Star Wars fans it wasn't worth wasting their hard-earned cash on.

It just made the boycott, very, very easy. big grin

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2019 02:06 AM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

The movie Solo wasn’t actually that bad. I mean, it was still >>>EP7 and 8. It deserved some more success.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2019 12:18 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Episode 7 was pretty good, aside from Rey's Mary Sue moments.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 03:40 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It would seem that at least one more(yet unnamed) live-action series will be dropping in the near future...
quote:
"In the interim, we are producing two Star Wars live-action series for Disney+: one of them is called 'The Mandalorian,' which were supervised by Jon Favreau, and the other one is a bit of a prequel to 'Rogue One.' And my guess is there will probably be at least one more live-action series that we produce for Disney+ before we release the next film."

-Bob Iger, Disney CEO

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 15th, 2019 at 02:58 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2019 02:52 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Evidently Ewan McGregor has signed on to reprise his role as Obi-Wan in a future live-action series.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2019 10:24 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah. Was supposed to initially be a film series, but they dropped that after Solo flopped. But clearly the concept survived.

Hopefully they do something interesting with him.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2019 10:29 PM
Rebel95

Originally posted by Geistalt
Episode 7 was pretty good, aside from Rey's Mary Sue moments.

Yeah I actually liked ep. 7 aside from that, Kylo being a ***** once he took of the mask, and the fact that they copied a lot of elements from the OT.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2019 02:13 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I guess Kevin Feige and Kathleen Kennedy are now collaborating together on the next SW film:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-disney-1243481

...Marvel vs. Star Wars crossover movie, here we come!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 12:22 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Heard he is pretty good, hopefully he will make a great movie

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 04:51 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Galan007
I guess Kevin Feige and Kathleen Kennedy are now collaborating together on the next SW film:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-disney-1243481

...Marvel vs. Star Wars crossover movie, here we come!

Theyre obviously getting Feige involved to come save Disney Star Wars.

If he pulls this off, he will go down as one of the greatestest producers in Hollywood history. Perhaps The Greatest.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 04:53 PM