KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars Resistance - Discussion Thread

Star Wars Resistance - Discussion Thread
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
When is the last bit of TCW suppose to come anyway? This year right?
I don't think an official release date has yet been given for the upcoming season of TCW.

Presumably it will drop in November, when Disney launches their new streaming service. They've already said that all the episodes will be available there.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 15th, 2019 at 12:59 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2019 12:54 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
I don't think an official release date has yet been given for the upcoming season of TCW.

Presumably it will drop in November, when Disney launches their new streaming service. They've already said that all the episodes will be available there.

Ah I see, well good thing I don’t gotta use the streaming service to see it.

Old Post May 15th, 2019 01:09 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Same.

Though I've actually thought about getting a membership, tbh. Apparently, it's only going to be $7/mth, and it looks like they're going to have TONS of content(no surprise given the vastness of the Disney empire, lol.)

I'd get it more for the kids than me, though. That way they have all the Disney/Pixar cartoons and whatnot on tap. I'll probably drop my Hulu membership if I do that.

Old Post May 15th, 2019 02:01 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Seems logical.

But anyway Galan, have we learned anything worth of note about...well anything in this show so far?

Old Post May 15th, 2019 02:03 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Only thing it has solidified for me it that the FO is a massive operation(far larger than the New Republic was), and when the Hosnian system was destroyed, the FO fleets had already encircled the galaxy in preparation for an all-out war across hundreds of different fronts. Also showed us that the FO had conducted multiple 'tests' with SKB in the Unknown Regions prior to the events of TFA.

Most of us probably figured all of the above was the case, but it was nice to get some legit confirmation.

Aside from that, the show was a huge waste of time, imo.

Last edited by Galan007 on May 15th, 2019 at 02:45 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2019 02:09 PM
Zenwolf

Only thing it has solidified for me it that the FO is a massive operation(far larger than the New Republic was), and when the Hosnian system was destroyed, the FO fleets had already encircled the galaxy in preparation for an all-out war across hundreds of different fronts. Also showed us that the FO had conducted multiple 'tests' with SKB in the Unknown Regions prior to the events of TFA.

Most of us probably figured all of the above was the case, but it was nice to get some legit confirmation.

Aside from that, the show was a huge waste of time, imo.

Well that....sucks. So no specifics on how large the FO is in terms of numbers? Kinda disappointing. Although hundreds of fronts seem kinda...small, given the scope of the galaxy.

Last edited by Zenwolf on May 15th, 2019 at 03:43 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2019 03:39 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

No exact numbers. It was just stated that the FO's navy was larger than the New Republic's before the destruction of the Hosnian system.

Hundreds of fronts was just my speculation. We were shown the positions of FO fleets on a galactic holomap, and they appeared to be encircling the galaxy as to attack it on all fronts simultaneously after Hosnian was destroyed. Blitzkrieg style.

Last edited by Galan007 on May 15th, 2019 at 04:32 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2019 04:29 PM
Zenwolf

No exact numbers. It was just stated that the FO's navy was larger than the New Republic's before the destruction of the Hosnian system.

Hundreds of fronts was just my speculation. We were shown the positions of FO fleets on a galactic holomap, and they appeared to be encircling the galaxy as to attack it on all fronts simultaneously after Hosnian was destroyed. Blitzkrieg style.

Which I'm guessing we have no real number for the NR navy either? Hm....well that's kinda sad, if not a bit predictable if that's really all we've got from this.

Old Post May 15th, 2019 05:39 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That's it as far as I'm concerned.

For me the rest was entirely forgettable.

Old Post May 15th, 2019 08:13 PM
Zenwolf

That's it as far as I'm concerned.

For me the rest was entirely forgettable.

...Not a good start Resistance and they really got renewed for a 2nd season?

I mean I know that some shows have kind of a rocky 1st Season....but if the rest of this show doesn't really have anything, that doesn't look good.

Old Post May 15th, 2019 08:53 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah. Somehow...some way...Season 2 is definitely happening. It's slated for release in fall of this year(again, most likely in November when Disney's streaming service launches.)

Last edited by Galan007 on May 15th, 2019 at 10:50 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2019 10:46 PM
Zenwolf

Yeah. Somehow...some way...Season 2 is definitely happening. It's slated for release in fall of this year(again, most likely in November when Disney's streaming service launches.)

You know it's bad, when youtubers(EckhartsLadder) make a 3 minute battle between Dreadnoughts that took months to make is better than a show that has what...millions of dollars and multiple people on it.

Old Post May 15th, 2019 11:27 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Season 2 trailer:

Looks pretty shit, though there are a few things I'm interested in seeing.

Also, Kylo using the force through holograms is kind of neat, I guess. /shrug

Old Post Aug 14th, 2019 04:14 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

*Also confirmed that this will be the last season. thumb up

Old Post Aug 14th, 2019 08:03 PM
Darth Thor

*Also confirmed that this will be the last season. thumb up

Thank GOD!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2019 02:44 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Just saw it got canceled. Oh man, this is too funny.

Also that trailer was really...meh? I mean certainly better than S1 trailer though.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Aug 15th, 2019 at 06:07 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2019 06:01 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, this show needs to go away... I'm honestly surprised it was even renewed for a second season. It could have been legitimately good and added a lot of depth to the ST era... But instead we got this garbage. thumb down

As with the first season, the *only* thing I remotely care about is seeing if this does anything to flesh out the First Order and their invasion of the galaxy. But that's really just to sate my own curiosity. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 15th, 2019 at 06:13 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2019 06:09 PM
Zenwolf

Seems like this is really gonna revolve around that derelict space station...

Old Post Aug 15th, 2019 07:26 PM
Darth Thor

Also, Kylo using the force through holograms is kind of neat, I guess. /shrug

Meh

Old Post Aug 17th, 2019 05:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I mean, at least it's *some* kind of decent TK showing(especially if Kylo himself ends up being light years away or w/e.) He doesn't have many of those as of now.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 17th, 2019 at 11:21 PM

Old Post Aug 17th, 2019 11:18 PM