KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « First ... « 35 36 [37] 38 39 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Final trailer:

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 01:51 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Yeah, that didn't help for jack anything...in fact, it seems like it's confirmed some of those leaks we've been discussing..

The only thing good, was the music, but then it's John Williams...sooo....

Last edited by Zenwolf on Oct 22nd, 2019 at 02:01 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 01:55 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

As expected, looks awful. It's banking entirely on nostalgia. Bleh. And one last look at my friends? Did 3P0 have any conversations with the new characters?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 01:57 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Pretty boring trailer but can’t say I’m surprised

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 02:01 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

This also seems to confirm the leaks. Which means this is going to be a total dumpster fire.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 02:11 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
As expected, looks awful. It's banking entirely on nostalgia. Bleh. And one last look at my friends? Did 3P0 have any conversations with the new characters?
3PO is having a Logan moment from Days of Future Past. He's plugged into the OT.

Also, space horses you guys! Space horses!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 03:48 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Don’t even get me started on the horses... **** disney

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 04:33 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

WTH was that? No money shot. No indication to the story. Just completely relying on us coming back to see Darth Sidious.

Final trailer? The whole thing has just been one big tease for the return of Sidious. Something theyve clearly pulled out of their ass in the last minute to beg the fans to come back to this one.

Yeah keep begging us Disney.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 06:48 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

https://deadline.com/2019/10/star-w...impression=true

^ So first hour pre-ticket sales doubled Endgame? Like who da fuk rushes out to buy tickets for this in a panic?

I guess Palpatine will save this film at box office after all.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 08:12 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

At least Rose is still there, the franchise is saved

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 08:24 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Pretty bad when the highlight of the trailer for me was seeing the Ghost(from Rebels) in the lineup. erm

And aside from what you guys have mentioned, I also find it unbelievably cringey that they are evidently wiping 3PO's memory and making him a f*cking battle droid for, literally, no good reason. He's basically getting transformed into a watered down version of Triple Zero, ffs.

Originally posted by Bentley
At least Rose is still there, the franchise is saved
And fatter than ever, it seems. sick

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 22nd, 2019 at 02:47 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 02:40 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

say what you will, but you can't deny that the new john williams score is pretty dope thumb up

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 03:37 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh absolutely. The man is a god. thumb up

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 03:40 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 02:21 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Spoilers for the movie - do not read if you want this masterpiece to be spoiled for you.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Palpatine survives being thrown down the shaft in ROTJ by teleporting to a spare throne room - where he remains for 35 years.

Later, Palpatine appears before Rey and Kylo and Rey kills Palpatine and takes Luke's surname, becoming the new Skywalker.

Meaning that Rey (not related to Luke) changes her name to Rey Skywalker.

- Simply beautiful and not a waste of 20$+ at all.

I'm sure Darth Vader would have been happy to know his sacrifice was in vain.

@Galan007 - Serious, serious question (Not trolling, 100% serious, as a disclaimer) - do I still have to pretend to like Disney?

Because I'm close to physically-vomiting at this point.

Last edited by CaveDude33211 on Oct 24th, 2019 at 03:37 AM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 03:33 AM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The whole film has been basically spoiled already FYI.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLe...walker_updated/

Awful. Just awful.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 04:00 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Darth Thor
WTH was that? No money shot. No indication to the story. Just completely relying on us coming back to see Darth Sidious.

Final trailer? The whole thing has just been one big tease for the return of Sidious. Something theyve clearly pulled out of their ass in the last minute to beg the fans to come back to this one.

Yeah keep begging us Disney.

Yeah, it's disgusting.

It won't stop me from going, though, since five minutes of Darth Sidious is honestly still more attractive than whatever else Disney would've come up with.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 04:05 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Make sure you buy tickets to a different movie and sneak into TROS instead. thumb up

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 04:06 AM
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by ares834
The whole film has been basically spoiled already FYI.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLe...walker_updated/

Awful. Just awful.

Oh wow! This is definitely not worth the money to go see!

I want to give Disney my money so they can keep pissing all over Star Wars's corpse and make more crappy amazing movies!

Anyone who goes to see TROS is definitely not a Star Wars fan.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 04:29 AM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Yeah, it's disgusting.

It won't stop me from going, though, since five minutes of Darth Sidious is honestly still more attractive than whatever else Disney would've come up with.

If you're a true fan then don't give them your money.

Wait for those 5 minutes of Sidious to show up leaked on YouTube.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 04:32 AM