KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Secrets of the Jedi

The Secrets of the Jedi
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
100%.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Kenobi series can be fantastic, but we know it's going to be limited in the sense that he'll be confined to Tatooine the entire time. Vos' story after the Purge could do a LOT of original world-building to current canon... And it certainly doesn't have to be limited to a single world either.

Pretty sure he will leave Tatooine.

But yeah its just kinda boring revisiting the same characters over and over. Vos is a character never used in live action and only on 1 episode in animation.

And the whole Kiffar thing can see visions of anything he touches, his rebellious nature, his underworld (and undercover) background... could be so refreshing and new whilst still giving us those lightsaber fights. He could have faced Maul or Vader, or multiple Inquistors. And any of that can be done without messing with established canon.

Dunno. There's definitely TONS of potential there, imo.

Yeah Wayyyy more potential than the Obi-Wan.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Nov 14th, 2019 at 01:50 PM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 01:43 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I suppose Kenobi might go off-world here and there, but never for any length of time. After all, his sole purpose at that point was protecting Luke(who NEVER left the planet), so the series will more than likely be set on Tatooine 99% of the time.

Exactly. A Vos series would not only be able to mesh with established canon, but it could expand on it massively. It's a shame that such a rich goldmine of potential will remain untapped for god knows how long...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 14th, 2019 at 02:47 PM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 02:08 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

This is it:

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

*Though I would note that earlier in the book, Luke mentioned Vos' Psychometry, yet it isn't listed here. IOW, these few entries do not represent the full extent of Luke's knowledge when it comes to light and dark side powers... They're evidently just the predominate abilities that he wanted to emphasize.

>.>

None of those are Light Side abilities! Well except for becoming a Force Ghost(well freedom wise anyway, Sith Spirits are still a thing.)

All Force Users can use those, why are they trying to make this a thing?...

They could have noted abilities that were actually strictly used by Jedi if they wanted....Light Side abilities...and don't give me that Luke has limited knowledge, if he's been around the galaxy.

It's just The Force, Core Force Powers. Those abilities don't need to be pigeon held in this Light and Dark thing.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Nov 14th, 2019 at 02:28 PM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 02:24 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I mean, they are light side abilities in the sense that a Jedi can freely use them without tapping into the dark side, which I think was the point there. But yeah, they're just core abilities that pretty much ANY force user(light OR dark) can utilize. Aside from the spirits, he didn't go esoteric at all.

And regarding Luke: he *should* have the most extensive Jedi/Sith knowledge-base of any character in canon, tbh(with the possible exception of guys like Yoda and Palpatine.) The sheer amount of relics, information, and overall knowledge he collected over the years is pretty staggering.

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 14th, 2019 at 02:48 PM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 02:37 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

And regarding Luke: he *should* have the most extensive Jedi/Sith knowledge-base of any character in canon, tbh(with the possible exception of guys like Yoda and Palpatine.) The sheer amount of relics, information, and overall knowledge he collected over the years is pretty staggering.

Yes but unfortunately according to TLJ he would find them boring so probably never bothered actually reading them “page turners they were not hmm”. Despite having absolutely nothing else to do in solitary.

Rey in the other hand can fight the FO by day and read those entire texts cover to cover by night.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yes but unfortunately according to TLJ he would find them boring so probably never bothered actually reading them "page turners they were not hmm". Despite having absolutely nothing else to do in solitary.

Rey in the other hand can fight the FO by day and read those entire texts cover to cover by night.
Luke did read the ancient texts, but that certainly didn't account for all the knowledge he had access to...
In the comics we see that Luke eventually finds Jocasta Nu's makeshift 'school' and trove of Holocrons:
https://i.imgur.com/Ch9B5YU.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ihWmjjP.jpg

And before her death, Jocasta had recorded ALL of her knowledge(pertaining to the Jedi/Sith, and Force in general) onto these Holocrons in hopes of restarting the Jedi Order from scratch:
https://i.imgur.com/NQOMOYy.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ucgXQeG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/n36At5M.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/fOJNGEb.jpg

And in the same arc, Palpatine himself confirmed the ridiculous extent of Jocasta's knowledge:
https://i.imgur.com/Tfwy2Ug.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/S5cV8FD.jpg
"Jocasta Nu knows EVERYTHING [...] Not just secrets of the light side of the Force. The dark side as well. Secrets that were not theirs to keep. Secrets even of the ancient Sith. Jocasta knows them ALL."
So even if he would have only studied Jocasta's library of Holocrons, Luke's knowledge-base would've been second to none. However, he also spent YEARS after RotJ scouring the galaxy for any other Force-related texts/relics he could get his hands on to study... And in addition to all of that, the spirits of Yoda+Kenobi+Anakin were all providing him with guidance along the way.

Suffice to say, canon Luke should have known just about everything there was to know about the Force... Should have.

...But I agree that where Disney canon is concerned, the clear intent is that Rey > ALL.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 05:40 PM
Darth Thor

I really hope its not true that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Rey curbstomps Palpatine

If so then the rumours they changed that better be true.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 07:12 PM
Darth Thor

Luke did read the ancient texts, but that certainly didn't account for all the knowledge he had access to...
So even if he would have only studied Jocasta's library of Holocrons, Luke's knowledge-base would've been second to none. However, he also spent YEARS after RotJ scouring the galaxy for any other Force-related texts/relics he could get his hands on to study... And in addition to all of that, the spirits of Yoda+Kenobi+Anakin were all providing him with guidance along the way.

Suffice to say, canon Luke should have known just about everything there was to know about the Force... Should have.

Thats all pretty cool though.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 07:56 PM