KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Discussion Thread

Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Discussion Thread
Started by: Darth Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (56): « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Sabine gave it to The Dutchess' sister. Iirc, she was the last to have it before this.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I'm assuming Gideon obtained it during the Purge.

Season 2 should be interesting.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 02:41 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Oh I'm sure that's when he acquired it as they made sure to mention that he was an ISB Agent during the purge of Mandalore.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 02:55 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Really enjoyed the episode. Was funny when it needed to be, and poignant when it suited. Really well done.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 04:11 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Good episode, I thought [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mando was supposed to find other Jedi, not Yoda's species in particular. Either way, I'm looking forward to it, be it finding out more about that species, or seeing him interact with the new jedi order

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 05:39 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Also, since there has been a lot arguing over Rey’s feats with little training [SPOILER - highlight to read]: aren’t you guys bothered by YoBa blocking and redirecting the flames of the flamethrower back at the soldier?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 06:38 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

They’re both prodigies in the force, one just has an intuitive grasp of it the other has plot power 😝

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 06:59 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

A couple times including the latest ep. , when baby Yoda used the force he exerted himself and was knocked out. Plus he is 50 years old. Way older than Ray even though he is a baby in his species.
Rey on the other hand does ridiculous Force feats without any exhaustion or care in the world.
Like Rey lifting hundreds of boulders without her ever trying anything similar and without any sign of her having difficulty doing it.
That is the difference.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 07:18 PM
Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Pretty much. Plus [SPOILER - highlight to read]: blocking flames is nothing like redirecting fleet-level lightning...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 07:22 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Inhuman
A couple times including the latest ep. , when baby Yoda used the force he exerted himself and was knocked out. Plus he is 50 years old. Way older than Ray even though he is a baby in his species.
Rey on the other hand does ridiculous Force feats without any exhaustion or care in the world.
Like Rey lifting hundreds of boulders without her ever trying anything similar and without any sign of her having difficulty doing it.
That is the difference.

Exactly. People forget, baby or not, hes still 50. And we know Yoda was actuallly teaching Jedi from around 100.

Also from a creative point of view you do that with Baby Yoda to have an E.T. type of character. But when you do it with Rey its just to show women are better Jedi than men. Plus it takes away all the lessons Luke had to learn from Yoda. Like Those lessons dont matter or count if youre female.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 08:50 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

His species obvious ages way differently than us, plus he’s an infant using vast amounts of his potential. He clearly doesn’t have the stamina he’ll attain with training later
I don’t think it’s analogous to our own strain with age

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 08:59 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Also the Mando with the dark saber is a crazy prospect, considering he may train the Child as a Mandalorian with the h2H/saber techniques of the Mandalorians. We’ve literally never seen anything like a force sensitive trained by an outside warrior sect that wasn’t Jedi or Sith

Adding in the kid is clearly a monster force user means we’ve got quality content from him for years 😬

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 09:01 PM
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Why couldnt Favreau been in charge of the ST? Really enjoyed Season 1

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 12:29 AM
Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Rey has some training and had access to ancient books to learn stuff. Sure Baby Yoda is older than Rey but he isn't mentally mature the same way Rey is.

This baby Yoda isn't mature physically either and has no training(that we know of) and he's pulling off some amazing stuff.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 01:21 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Another thing is he has no real concept of dark or light he just uses the force as raw power. We’ve never seen a force sensitive like him that was raised by another combat order. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Assuming he gets trained by the Mandalorians, he’ll learn Teras Kasi and Mando combat. So he will get combat training it’ll just be from non force sensitives, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: If we really wanted to speculate maybe after he’s trained he’ll get the dark saber after the Mando inevitably kills Gideon. Imagine the little ****er as Mandalore

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 01:27 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by carthage
Another thing is he has no real concept of dark or light he just uses the force as raw power. We’ve never seen a force sensitive like him that was raised by another combat order. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Assuming he gets trained by the Mandalorians, he’ll learn Teras Kasi and Mando combat. So he will get combat training it’ll just be from non force sensitives, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: If we really wanted to speculate maybe after he’s trained he’ll get the dark saber after the Mando inevitably kills Gideon. Imagine the little ****er as Mandalore
I hope they don't have him raised as a Mandalorian I hope Mando takes him back home where he belongs.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 01:33 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Not me
It would be so far out of left field and something we’ve never seen before that there are tons of potential storylines from it. I’m comfortable never knowing Yoda’s planet of origin, I felt the same in Legends. The bond between the Mando and the child is the core of the show

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 01:38 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by carthage
Not me
It would be so far out of left field and something we’ve never seen before that there are tons of potential storylines from it. I’m comfortable never knowing Yoda’s planet of origin, I felt the same in Legends. The bond between the Mando and the child is the core of the show
He's going to look awfully dumb wearing a Mandalorian helmet.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 01:45 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I just realized that Dr. Pershing didn't appear in the finale.

He's most likely going to join with Mando next season.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 03:33 AM
xPRIMEx

What a ****ing amazing episode

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 03:35 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Pretty good episode, best scene is the one with the two Stormtroopers at the beginning and anyone who disagrees has bad taste.

Season as a whole has been very inconsistent but ended strong.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 04:47 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote