KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Discussion Thread

Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Discussion Thread
Started by: Darth Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (56): « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Why couldnt Favreau been in charge of the ST? Really enjoyed Season 1

shhhh.. that might happen

I love this series.. baby yoda rocks...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 04:55 AM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Great episode. Probably the best yet. It's crazy how much better this is compared to the ST. Clearly the people behind this show have real passion and an understanding for SW that those behind the ST lacked.

I loved the Mandalorian Wars reference. Hopefully, with Din investigating Baby Yeed's origins, season 2 delves more into that conflict (Revan name drop please!). Also seeing a live action depiction of both the Darksaber and Death Watch is cool.

With that said, I'm a little confused why almost no one knows about the Jedi or what the Force is. Cara Dune in particular should know.

Last edited by ares834 on Dec 28th, 2019 at 08:58 AM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 08:45 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

^I think the fact that they don't have to deal with Jedi and sith doing stuff or creating a direct sequel to the original plot helps a lot. I heard Kathleen said there won't be anymore trilogies but just stand-alone movies. If that's the case, I guess the new movies will have less plot-holes and will be more enjoyable.

About not knowing who the Jedi are, well I guess it's consistent with the original trilogy I guess, if I recall correctly even Han didn't know what a Jedi is. It's admittedly weird, but after all there were just 10.000ish Jedi in a galaxy inhabited by trillions of beings. That, and the Jedi are not celebrities who appear on tv releasing interviews or stuff like that.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 09:49 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

There is nothing inherently difficult creating a story centering around Jedi and Sith. In fact, in SW, I think it makes it easier. As for direct sequels, in the hands of someone competent I don't think it all that difficult either. Despite common belief, you don't need to "one up" all the previous films with bigger bad guys like DBZ.

And in the OT, Han knew about the Force. Heck, even Luke seems to have some knowledge about the Jedi since when Obi-Wan told him he and Anakin were Jedi Knights, Luke didn't ask him what they were. Sure, they were few in number but they wielded mystic powers and were the leaders of the Republic forces during the CW. Everyone should know at least know myths and legends about them regardless if they knew about it. It's doubly weird here because these three characters in question are a guy who hands out bounties, a Mandalorian, and an elite ex-Rebel soldier.

Greef should of had dealings with Imperials hunting down Jedi. Din, as a Mandalorian, should have knowledge about their conflicts with the Jedi. Furthermore, since he became a foundling during the CW, he would have been in training when Maul was Mandalore. As for Cara, she was an elite Rebel soldier. Their biggest hero was Luke Skywalker a Jedi Knight. Not only that, but many Rebels use "may the Force be with you" as a salutation. That fact that even one of these characters doesn't know about the Force and Jedi strains credibly. But it is ultimately a minor complaint.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 10:28 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

Originally posted by ares834
There is nothing inherently difficult creating a story centering around Jedi and Sith. In fact, in SW, I think it makes it easier. As for direct sequels, in the hands of someone competent I don't think it all that difficult either. Despite common belief, you don't need to "one up" all the previous films with bigger bad guys like DBZ.

And in the OT, Han knew about the Force. Heck, even Luke seems to have some knowledge about the Jedi since when Obi-Wan told him he and Anakin were Jedi Knights, Luke didn't ask him what they were. Sure, they were few in number but they wielded mystic powers and were the leaders of the Republic forces during the CW. Everyone should know at least know myths and legends about them regardless if they knew about it. It's doubly weird here because these three characters in question are a guy who hands out bounties, a Mandalorian, and an elite ex-Rebel soldier.

Greef should of had dealings with Imperials hunting down Jedi. Din, as a Mandalorian, should have knowledge about their conflicts with the Jedi. Furthermore, since he became a foundling during the CW, he would have been in training when Maul was Mandalore. As for Cara, she was an elite Rebel soldier. Their biggest hero was Luke Skywalker a Jedi Knight. Not only that, but many Rebels use "may the Force be with you" as a salutation. That fact that even one of these characters doesn't know about the Force and Jedi strains credibly. But it is ultimately a minor complaint.

Maul was Mandalore, eh?

How does the The Clone Wars series even fit into Canon, if it contradicts Revenge Of The Sith.

Film Canon has top priority, and when that movie was made, Maul had died on Naboo.

I guess it depends on whether you think Solo is Canon or not.

There's a lot of "What If?" stuff in The Clone Wars and Rebels, but not stuff I could take seriously as actual Canon events.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 11:52 AM
Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 03:18 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

The Mandalorian was set 5 years after RotJ, and there was a 5 year gap between RotS and ANH, so the majority of the characters in the Mandalorian would have been toddlers during the Clone Wars I think.

Though apparently Pedro Pascal is in his mid 40s.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Dec 28th, 2019 at 03:33 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 03:31 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

That was a good episode, great way to end the season

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 03:32 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Despite common belief, you don't need to "one up" all the previous films with bigger bad guys like DBZ.

Yeah I loved the GI as the main villain in the first season of Rebels.

Was he a match for a Sith Lord? No. Heck hed probably get spanked by Grievous.

Doesnt change that he was a cool villain who was clearly a threat to our heroes.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 03:33 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I’m glad this has absolutely nothing to do with the Jedi and Sith

Let’s keep it that way

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 05:04 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Galan007

Gammorean healing baths >> Twi'lek healing baths

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by carthage
I’m glad this has absolutely nothing to do with the Jedi and Sith

Let’s keep it that way

Then you’re out of luck. Next season will clearly be about Mando looking for the Jedi.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 09:39 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Then you’re out of luck. Next season will clearly be about Mando looking for the Jedi.
He won't find many.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 10:21 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Where is it stated that he’s looking for the Jedi? Do Yodas people specifically have allegiance to them aside from Yoda and Yaddle? The lady also referred to him as a foundling, so I assumed he would be raised as a Mando. Him becoming a Jedi is pretty ****ing boring

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 10:55 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Did you not watch the most recent episode? Rewatch the conversation with the Armorer. Din mistakes Jedi for a race and believes Baby Yeed to be a Jedi. This also makes sense as I doubt they will delve too much in the Yoda Species.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 11:05 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by juggernaut74
He won't find many.
He'll either stumble on Luke's New Order, or Ahsoka/Ezra or any other possible survivor like Vos

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 11:50 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Did we ever learn who the 'mystery character' was at the end of ep.5?

...Or is the implication that it was Gideon?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 11:56 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Nope. I doubt it was Gideon because of the spurs sound effect.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2019 12:00 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

Old Post Dec 29th, 2019 12:06 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Total Warrior
He'll either stumble on Luke's New Order, or Ahsoka/Ezra or any other possible survivor like Vos
I doubt they'll run into Luke's new Jedi Order because I don't think he starts it for a good decade after this show according to the Visual Dictionary.

Maybe Ahsoka and Ezra take him to their new home in the Unknown Regions?
Originally posted by Galan007
Did we ever learn who the 'mystery character' was at the end of ep.5?

...Or is the implication that it was Gideon?
I don't think so but it being Gideon makes some sense. I saw a John Campea video the other day and he was told months ago by somebody close to the production of the show that Boba Fett was going to be in the show finale which never happaned. John said he chose not to tell people because he didn't know for sure.

Though I doubt it's going to be Boba as Disney seems to be pushing their characters over Lucas' characters.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2019 01:09 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote