KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars: Season 7 - Discussion Thread

The Clone Wars: Season 7 - Discussion Thread
Started by: TheIndyJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Im almost certain it comes up in his conversation with Anakin before he goes to face Grievous.

Something along the lines of Anakin saying - it didnt go that well last time you faced him... then Kenobi replying - Im more familiar with his style now...

Pretty sure I couldnt have imagined that. But will have to find my copy of ROTS to confirm.

If im right though, then some really arent the Legends fans/experts they make themselves out to be.... Well not next to me at least.

Ok I found it, but I'm not seeing any mention or implication that they fought before.

Here's the quote.

quote:

"I know: the Sith." The word left a bitter taste in Anakin's mouth. The Council's manipulation had a rank stench of politics on it. "I just-" Anakin shrugged helplessly, looking away. "I don't like you going off without me like this. It's a bad idea to split up the team. I mean, look what happened last time."

"Don't remind me."

"You want to go spend another few months with somebody like Ventress? Or worse?"

"Anakin." Anakin could hear a gentle smile in Obi-Wan's voice. "Don't worry. I have enough clones to take three systems the size of Utapau's. I believe I should be able to handle the situation, even without your help."

Anakin had to answer his smile. "Well, there's always a first time."

Obi-Wan said, "We're not really splitting up, Anakin. We've worked on our own many times-like when you took Padme to Naboo while I went to Kamino and Geonosis."

"And look how that turned out."

"All right, bad example," Obi-Wan admitted, his smile shading toward rueful. "Yet years later, here we all are: still alive, and still friends. My point, Anakin, is that even when we work separately, we work together. We have the same goals: end the war, and save the Republic from the Sith. As long as we're on the same side, everything will come out well in the end. I'm certain of it."

"Well . . ." Anakin sighed. "I suppose you could be right.

You are, once in a while. Occasionally."

Obi-Wan chuckled and clapped him on the shoulder.

"Farewell, old friend."

- ROTS Novel

All Anakin is worried about is the team splitting up and referencing some bad time of what happened that doesn't exactly give any details.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2020 12:33 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

* Ah damn. I could have sworn that conversation happened. Ah well.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2020 08:43 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Im almost certain it comes up in his conversation with Anakin before he goes to face Grievous.

Something along the lines of Anakin saying - it didnt go that well last time you faced him... then Kenobi replying - Im more familiar with his style now...

Pretty sure I couldnt have imagined that. But will have to find my copy of ROTS to confirm.

If im right though, then some really arent the Legends fans/experts they make themselves out to be.... Well not next to me at least.

You gotta be shittin' me. smile

No - you're not right - because for a "Legends fan/expert" you were completely unaware of the quote in the prequel to Revenge Of The Sith Labyrinth Of Evil where Mace Windu tells Obi-Wan that he is the perfect candidate to fight Grievous, because Grievous hasn't fought Obi-Wan before.

AND you didn't know this even after I mentioned it - which makes you an idiot, too. smile

Old Post Jan 30th, 2020 01:00 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Mace Windu had told him of facing Grievous in single combat atop a mag-lev train during the general's daring raid to capture Palpatine. Mace had told him how the computers slaved to Grievous's brain had apparently analyzed even Mace's unconventionally lethal Vaapad and had been able to respond in kind after a single exchange.

"He must have been trained by Count Dooku," Mace had said, "so you can expect Makashi as well; given the number of Jedi he has fought and slain, you must expect that he can attack in any style, or all of them. In fact, Obi-Wan, I believe that of all living Jedi, you have the best chance to defeat him."

This pronouncement had startled Obi-Wan, and he had protested. After all, the only form in which he was truly even proficient was Soresu, which was the most common lightsaber form in the Jedi Order. Founded upon the basic deflection principles all Padawans were taught—to enable them to protect themselves from blaster bolts—Soresu was very simple, and so restrained and defense-oriented that it was very nearly downright passive. "But surely, Master Windu," Obi-Wan had said, "you, with the power of Vaapad—or Yoda's mastery of Ataro—" Mace Windu had almost smiled. "I created Vaapad to answer my weakness: it channels my own darkness into a weapon of the light. Master Yoda's Ataro is also an answer to weakness: the limitations of reach and mobility imposed by his stature and his age. But for you? What weakness does Soresu answer?" Blinking, Obi-Wan had been forced to admit he'd never actually thought of it that way. "That is so like you, Master Kenobi," the Korun Master had said, shaking his head. "I am called a great swordsman because I invented a lethal style; but who is greater, the creator of a killing form—or the master of the classic form?" "I'm very flattered that you would consider me a master, but really—" "Not a master. The master," Mace had said. "Be who you are, and Grievous will never defeat you."

- Labyrinth Of Evil

^
This is why Grievous tells Obi-Wan he's trained by Count Dooku in Revenge Of The Sith - it's not a plot-hole, you clueless fvcks.

I'm definitely the Legends Expert here - since all the Down Syndrome retards who binge on "The Clone Wars" and "Rebels" don't even realize their cartoon is Non-Canon.

Even in Revenge Of The Sith Obi-Wan never fought Grievous prior to The Battle Of Utapau.

And Labyrinth Of Evil explains why. smile

Old Post Jan 30th, 2020 01:18 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by CaveDude33211

No - you're not right - because for a "Legends fan/expert" you were completely unaware of the quote in the prequel to Revenge Of The Sith Labyrinth Of Evil where Mace Windu tells Obi-Wan that he is the perfect candidate to fight Grievous, because Grievous hasn't fought Obi-Wan before.

That quote about Kenobi being perfect to fight Grievous is from ROTS not LOE you clueless dope.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2020 01:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

That quote about Kenobi being perfect to fight Grievous is from ROTS not LOE you clueless dope.

Wait a minute - so that came from the Revenge Of The Sith novel you guys were pouring through and you STILL didn't notice that Obi-Wan had never fought General Grievous before??? laughing out loud

You were just saying that the novel proves he had fought him before! laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Jan 30th, 2020 01:46 PM
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

Originally posted by CaveDude33211
Wait a minute - so that came from the Revenge Of The Sith novel you guys were pouring through and you STILL didn't notice that Obi-Wan had never fought General Grievous before??? laughing out loud

You were just saying that the novel proves he had fought him before! laughing laughing laughing

Were you drunk and meant to say Revenge of the Sith instead of Labyrinth of Evil? stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 30th, 2020 01:48 PM
Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Lighter332
Were you drunk and meant to say Revenge of the Sith instead of Labyrinth of Evil? stick out tongue

Guilty. smile

Old Post Jan 30th, 2020 01:49 PM
CaveDude33211

Still funny that Darth Thor stated that the Revenge Of The Sith novelization had a scene proving Kenobi had fought Grievous before - and instead it had a scene proving he didn't. laughing smile

Old Post Jan 30th, 2020 01:51 PM
Darth Thor

No he wasnt meant to say ROTS at all. He specifically said the PREQUEL to ROTS that I apparently would know nothing about.

And this is our resident Legends fanboy laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 30th, 2020 02:13 PM
CaveDude33211

No he wasnt meant to say ROTS at all. He specifically said the PREQUEL to ROTS that I apparently would know nothing about.

And this is our resident Legends fanboy laughing out loud

You'll know what being drunk is, when your mommy allows you to stop drinking apple juice. laughing laughing laughing

Also still funny you brainlessly glossed over the quote proving that Kenobi never fought Grievous prior to Utapau. laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Jan 30th, 2020 02:30 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Guys, please don't pollute this thread.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 30th, 2020 02:43 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Is this going to be a weekly episode release like the Mandalorian, or are they going to drop the whole season at once?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 06:32 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Weekly release, most likely.

It's what they did with Resistance, after all.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2020 01:20 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Figured as much. Ty. thumb up

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2020 01:35 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Episode 1 The Bad Batch - February 21st
Episode 2 A Distant Echo - February 28th

So yeah weekly.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2020 03:54 PM
CaveDude33211

lol

Last edited by CaveDude33211 on Feb 2nd, 2020 at 11:54 PM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2020 11:43 PM
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 04:18 PM
Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

"The Clone Wars" is so obnoxiously-stupid. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 04:21 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Lighter332
"The Clone Wars" is so obnoxiously-stupid. roll eyes (sarcastic)

How's that?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 04:53 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote