KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Thread for all quote/source inquiries!

Thread for all quote/source inquiries!
Started by: Zenwolf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 28 29 [30]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does anyone have the quote of Dave Filoni saying that Maul’s “velociraptor” legs limited his agility and prevented him from perfping his martial arts?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2019 12:18 AM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

First result, man.

At least try next time.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2019 03:05 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

I already tried that, and I couldn’t find the source through google search. Darth Thor and Darthant originally had it, they linked a YouTube podcast of Filoni making that statement, but YouTube has removed it, but I figured Ant or Thor might have quoted Filoni or have remembered what the podcast is called.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2019 11:54 AM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

... click the link I posted, and then click on the first result. It's there.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Sep 21st, 2019 at 08:53 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2019 08:49 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

... literally all what Filoni says about Maul's legs in that first result is that Maul's new velociraptor legs prevented him from immediately using his old fighting style, he says nothing about his legs limiting his agility and preventing him from performing the martial arts that TPM Maul could perform. What I actually asked for is any kind of lead to the podcast that Filoni makes the statement of Maul's velociraptor legs hampering his agility and martial arts.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2019 01:40 PM
Zenwolf

On a random note in case anyone was wondering, I think I found out what those hoses were for in ANH before the DS attack. At least for Previous Canon, Disney it's probably still up in the air.

But for Previous Canon, those hoses were actually connected to the Ground Power Imput on the X-wing/Y-wings. These enable for much faster start ups on the craft.

quote:

Ground Power Imput: Through this standard power plug, the X-wing can draw power from an external source(usually a portable generator) for rapid starts, and to keep fuel cells full during long alerts.

- The Star Wars Sourcebook 1st/2nd editions

This makes sense, since the DS was minutes away from Yavin, so the pilots/ground crew had to move very quick. They couldn't dilly dally with starting up all the craft they needed any slower, plus now re-watching the scene carefully I think I've also saw some generators with the hoses.

Not sure if anyone was ever interested, but hey, I've seen people wondering about what all that was about and...well there's an answer. So it's not fuel like a lot of people think.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Oct 1st, 2019 at 01:39 AM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2019 01:29 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Good stuff, Zen. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2019 02:11 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

So I'm bringing this back to ask those who are more familiar with the NJO...but I found this interesting Jedi Master..

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ikrit

I'm curious if anyone knows, but how good is he as a Force User? Also I notice that he says he's wielded a lightsaber...but is it shown how or is it just a statement?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 10:41 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I member him. How in the goddang did he use a lightsaber? It'd be neat if it was held up with TK.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 11:19 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

So, in the Head to Head: Tag Teams book, the battle breakdown for Jango Fett & Young Boba Fett Vs. Commander Cody, Commander Barca, & Lama Su, the Battle Breakdown section explains that Commander Barca is a 84% copy of Jango's original DNA, Cody is a 91% copy, and Boba and Jango are obviously 100% matches.

So how valid would you say this is?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zentrex
So, in the Head to Head: Tag Teams book, the battle breakdown for Jango Fett & Young Boba Fett Vs. Commander Cody, Commander Barca, & Lama Su, the Battle Breakdown section explains that Commander Barca is a 84% copy of Jango's original DNA, Cody is a 91% copy, and Boba and Jango are obviously 100% matches.

So how valid would you say this is?

Whaat?...They should all be 100% Jango Fett as far as body physicals go. Don’t tell me Disney Canon is changing this too..

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 08:00 PM
Zentrex
Hi!

Oh no, it's not Disney Canon. It's the from the "Head-to-Head" series from the early 10's. Tag Teams was printed May 1, 2011.

And yeah, they should be 100%, especially considering humans share 98.8% of their DNA with Chimpanzees. But I guess they're trying to explain the deviations in terms of growth rate, personality, etc.

That's my take, anyway. I'd encourage others, if you have them.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 09:58 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Zentrex
Oh no, it's not Disney Canon. It's the from the "Head-to-Head" series from the early 10's. Tag Teams was printed May 1, 2011.

And yeah, they should be 100%, especially considering humans share 98.8% of their DNA with Chimpanzees. But I guess they're trying to explain the deviations in terms of growth rate, personality, etc.

That's my take, anyway. I'd encourage others, if you have them.

Oh...well regardless of that, I'm a bit weary of using the Head to Head or VS series from those magazines or whatever as any kind of credible source, unless there's other material that suggest it to be a possibility.

But then again, if they are accounting for personality and other things, not just body structure...then I guess that would make sense.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 10:04 PM
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Oh...well regardless of that, I'm a bit weary of using the Head to Head or VS series from those magazines or whatever as any kind of credible source, unless there's other material that suggest it to be a possibility.

Makes sense.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2020 12:43 AM
Scizard

Anything in the Ultimate Star Wars New Edition Databook that mentions Kylo's lightsaber skills being comparable to Luke/Anakin or anything along those lines?

I have a feeling that this is just not true but thought I'd check just incase anyone knows.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2020 03:51 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

There's this:

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 26th, 2020 04:02 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

Thought they were twisting the truth a bit. Thanks.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2020 04:09 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bedabing
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Anyone has the quote when Syn broke up his friendship with DMB?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2022 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Bedabing a Private Message Find more posts by Bedabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote