KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Black man in Minnesota killed by police

Black man in Minnesota killed by police
Started by: tru-marvell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (108): « First ... « 106 107 [108]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
I'm legitimately shocked. It's from Pew - that are not bad pollsters and social issue researchers.

Previous research has shown that extreme forms of protest (committing crimes) makes people dislike your platform/position.

Either they grossly over-sampled for the Bradley Effect or previous research needs to be redone to see why some forms of extreme protest do not always drive people away from the message.

They say whites are divided down political lines.

Ok, so does this divide also reflect black opinions?

If that were the case, it would be a "No duh" poll. Democrats hate Trump, Republicans support him.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2020 10:00 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

We finally have bodycam footage thanks to the generally shitty DailyMail.

Complete uninterrupted bodycam footage form beginning of confrontation to when Floyd gets moved to the ground.

Floyd was out of his mind, high as a kite. I heard the part where he said he was "hooping" and also where Floyd lies about his mom dying.

He resisted quite a bit. He did NOT want to go into the car. As we later found out, it would not have been good if he was arrested again.

Some say in the full video (shortly after this one ends), he kicks an officer. I didn't see that at all.

Here's the full vid if anyone is interested:

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/vide...34801646650.mp4

And here is the full transcript for this encounter.

https://www.twincities.com/2020/07/...t-in-full-here/

Page 14, they called for an ambulance which also reduces or even eliminates the "gross negligence" portion of the debate, too.

Also, Floyd did seem like a nice dude. Harmless. Just from that confrontation. He doesn't want to go back to jail. He just really really didn't want to be arrested. Surprised the cops didn't shoot him for not putting his hands on his steering wheel, repeatedly, when asked to. And when he was told to put his hands on his head, he shortly took them off. That's a great way to get shot by police in the US (the best way, actually).

Edit - I think we are going to have 4 acquittals on our hands an massive rioting, again. It just will not go over well when these officers are acquitted.

Last edited by dadudemon on Yesterday at 10:38 PM

Old Post Yesterday 10:34 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

On a scale of 1-10, how likely do you feel it is George Floyd would be alive today if he had not resisted arrest?

Old Post Yesterday 10:39 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

If they get acquitted and people start setting buildings on fire I want live rounds used on the arsonists thumb up

Old Post Yesterday 10:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
On a scale of 1-10, how likely do you feel it is George Floyd would be alive today if he had not resisted arrest?

1 being 100% dead and 10 being 100% alive?

A solid 1. He'd be dead even if he didn't resist arrest and never saw the police. He had meth, weed, and a lethal level of Fentanyl in his blood. I've already said this. I said he would have killed himself within 2 weeks from drugs based on his heart problems and his drug use.

Old Post Today 12:37 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Okay so 1-10, 10 being 100% dead, what are the chances a *cop* would have killed him if he didn't resist?

Old Post Today 12:42 AM
dadudemon

Okay so 1-10, 10 being 100% dead, what are the chances a *cop* would have killed him if he didn't resist?

0%.

However, the training is definitely on the police to sit down a belligerent and high suspect until the ambulance arrives to deliver some Narcan and check his vitals.

Just get him to sit down on the sidewalk, outside, until the ambulance EMT's gives him a once over. They knew he was blitzed out of his mind - it was caught on the bodycams.

IMO, this points to a training issue. However, do you think I'm some super genius police protocol expert? Compared to all 4 of those police officers, I am. smile

Old Post Today 12:57 AM
tru-marvell

It's amazing the mental acrobats people go through to justify a wrong. There was no need to kneel on this man's neck beyond the point of his death. And to do so with such an apparent air of smugness only magnifies and exasperates the act.

Rather the man was high, a criminal, he clearly had some sort of mental deficiency.
I'm not getting into the whole racial bullshit debate because there those here who are posting for obvious personal agendas.

I'm just going to state once again that George Floyd should not have died in this manner and that improper and bad policing must be addressed and corrected.

Old Post Today 11:19 AM
tru-marvell is currently offline Click here to Send tru-marvell a Private Message Find more posts by tru-marvell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by dadudemon
We finally have bodycam footage thanks to the generally shitty DailyMail.

Complete uninterrupted bodycam footage form beginning of confrontation to when Floyd gets moved to the ground.

Floyd was out of his mind, high as a kite. I heard the part where he said he was "hooping" and also where Floyd lies about his mom dying.

He resisted quite a bit. He did NOT want to go into the car. As we later found out, it would not have been good if he was arrested again.

Some say in the full video (shortly after this one ends), he kicks an officer. I didn't see that at all.

Here's the full vid if anyone is interested:

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/vide...34801646650.mp4

And here is the full transcript for this encounter.

https://www.twincities.com/2020/07/...t-in-full-here/

Page 14, they called for an ambulance which also reduces or even eliminates the "gross negligence" portion of the debate, too.

Also, Floyd did seem like a nice dude. Harmless. Just from that confrontation. He doesn't want to go back to jail. He just really really didn't want to be arrested. Surprised the cops didn't shoot him for not putting his hands on his steering wheel, repeatedly, when asked to. And when he was told to put his hands on his head, he shortly took them off. That's a great way to get shot by police in the US (the best way, actually).

Edit - I think we are going to have 4 acquittals on our hands an massive rioting, again. It just will not go over well when these officers are acquitted.

Police in the US definitely needs more training. That includes psych evaluations, especially after a shooting.

Old Post Today 11:31 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Originally posted by tru-marvell
It's amazing the mental acrobats people go through to justify a wrong. There was no need to kneel on this man's neck beyond the point of his death. And to do so with such an apparent air of smugness only magnifies and exasperates the act.

Rather the man was high, a criminal, he clearly had some sort of mental deficiency.
I'm not getting into the whole racial bullshit debate because there those here who are posting for obvious personal agendas.

I'm just going to state once again that George Floyd should not have died in this manner and that improper and bad policing must be addressed and corrected.

It's true there was no need, just like there was no need to be high on meth and fentanyl pushing counterfeit bills and then resisting arrest.

He f*cked around and found out and that is tragic. A lot of people these days f*cking around and finding out.

Old Post Today 11:42 AM
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Originally posted by SquallX
Police in the US definitely needs more training. That includes psych evaluations, especially after a shooting.

Yep, the focus should be on training.

The problem is those who are obsessed with race just wanna bottom line these problems as "racist cops".

Old Post Today 11:46 AM
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Focus should be on technology too. Get Elon Musk to create a non-lethal method of taking people down quickly. Dude can put a car into space, but not that?!

Old Post Today 11:48 AM
tru-marvell

Focus should be on technology too. Get Elon Musk to create a non-lethal method of taking people down quickly. Dude can put a car into space, but not that?!

100 % agree....

Old Post Today 12:16 PM
tru-marvell is currently offline Click here to Send tru-marvell a Private Message Find more posts by tru-marvell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Today 01:46 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote