KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars (comic series)

Star Wars (comic series)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Don't get me wrong, I think freezing Leia is Carbonite is stupid as all hell... But the entire reason why Vader froze Han was to test the Bespin freezing chamber and ensure it was "safe" for humans so that there would be little to no risk when he tried to do the same to Luke.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 06:46 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
It's not just that...but please tell me there's more of a reason to go back to Bespin other than to get back Luke's lightsaber? If not that's even more stupid.
Lando also wanted to go back so that he could supposedly liberate the city.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 07:05 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007

Ok well that's something I guess.

Also @Ares true, I did forget that tid bit.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 09:43 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 18th, 2020 at 02:55 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 02:50 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Rip Vos theory. Uff sad maybe to evade the empire he had surgery and changes his gender

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 03:01 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Maybe it's Ahsoka

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 04:51 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

So the woman caught his saber, but then threw it back into the junk heap?

wtf?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 04:52 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by Galan007

I know this is old, but didn't that happen in "Uprising"?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 07:48 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 01:03 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Yeah.. was she trained by Vos then? She had too look for someone to finish her training, and Yoda/Kenobi are very unlikely

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 01:38 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Or she wasn't able to find anyone, and just went into exile. /shrug

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 02:02 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Yeah but it looks like she was reading Luke’s mind, and also perceived how powerful he is. She wasn’t that skilled back then with Barr

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 04:38 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Would be cool if it was revealed that Vos had trained her, but I doubt that will happen. He force powers probably just developed naturally over the years with personal training and such.

Good issue thoughthumb up

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 08:10 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Yeah good issue. When is the next one due to come out Galan?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 08:26 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

September 9th.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 09:10 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Oh so much time, covid could take me by then sad

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 10:04 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Would be cool if it was revealed that Vos had trained her, but I doubt that will happen. He force powers probably just developed naturally over the years with personal training and such.

Good issue thoughthumb up
Could be possible. Still, the fact that now she kinda "despises" the Jedi, and that she recognized the "do or do not" quote, makes me think she was actually trained by someone, who possibly died, leading her to consider the jedi fool. Which means rip my boy quinlan if he's really her master

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 10:08 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Could be possible. Still, the fact that now she kinda "despises" the Jedi, and that she recognized the "do or do not" quote, makes me think she was actually trained by someone, who possibly died, leading her to consider the jedi fool. Which means rip my boy quinlan if he's really her master
Yoda trained all the younglings at the Jedi temple, so I'm sure Ferren had heard the "do or do not" phrase before and probably passed it down to his own students.

And Verla is probably disgusted by the Jedi because of their massive failure during TCW, which led to them nearly becoming extinct.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 12:37 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yoda trained all the younglings at the Jedi temple, so I'm sure Ferren had heard the "do or do not" phrase before and probably passed it down to his own students.
Definitely possible. Barr was an actual PT Padawan, with actual Jedi Temple training(he even commented on having sparred against Anakin in the past.) And since Yoda helped train all the younglings, Barr would have definitely been among them, and almost certainly heard that line at some point.

So it would make sense for him to use that phrase while training his own students.

And Verla is probably disgusted by the Jedi because of their massive failure during TCW, which led to them nearly becoming extinct.
Yeah, and Barr really drove home how complete the Order's failure was while he was training Verla. Makes sense that she'd still be extremely disillusioned with the Jedi.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 03:01 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Hopefully she just wasn't able to find any other survivors and went into exile.

But on the same note, Verla was still able to communicate with Luke from across the galaxy... So if she has that kind of power, I don't know why she wouldn't have been able to make contact with other Jedi..? /shrug

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 03:09 PM