KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Legends Projects coming up!

Legends Projects coming up!
Started by: Zenwolf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

Legends Projects coming up!

So posting this from SI, but there's gonna be this huge novel apart of Legends exploring the origins of the SWU!

Also an update for TOR!

The Old Republic: Echoes of Revenge

If you haven't been following SWTOR, turns out Scourge, Kira Carsen, and maybe spirit Revan destroyed Vitiate's original body simultaneous with the Outlander purging Valkorion's spirit from his mind. However, Vitiate had rigged his original body with a plague that takes over the minds of others, and one-thing led to another and now Satele Shan and her faction of Jedi have turned into this quasi-hive mind, joint consciousness dark-side entity. This next update should hopefully see the Outlander, Scourge, Kira Carsen, Arcann, and maybe spirit Revan go and battle this new UnuShan. Charles Boyd described it as the true epilogue to the whole Vitiate storyline.

Star Wars: Supernatural Encounters

Long in the making, SE is a massive novel covering the origins of the Star Wars universe, focusing around the Ones, Bedlam Spirits, Rakata, and ancient Sith. Almost everything in it is original content developed by Joe Bongiorno in close collaboration and support from established Star Wars authors like Abel Pena and Daniel Wallace. For example, a lot of Pena's cut-content from the Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide was handed over to Bongiorno for inclusion in SE. This book introduces dozens of powerful Star Wars entities, along with new ancient Sith like Ku'ar Danar (who isn't necessarily new but is in French-only material) and Darth Dreadwar. The canon status of SE has long been disputed. Upon research, I'm confident that at least four versions are officially licensed, although none of those four currently exist online. Bongiorno says that he will dedicate a part of SE explaining why this upcoming final version is also officially licensed, so we'll wait and cross our fingers there.

Prologue: The Life and Death of a Historian
Part I: The Trial
Chapter 1: Division and Debate
Chapter 2: Prelude and Contention
Chapter 3: Dichotomy
Chapter 4: Fugitives in Space
Chapter 5: Secrets of the Keeper
Chapter 6: Mistress of Fusai
Chapter 7: The Hellhoop
Chapter 8: The Testimony of Cindel Towani
Part II: Journey Into Otherspace
Chapter 9: The Graveyard of Vanished Ships
Chapter 10: The Dead City
Chapter 11: Dialogue in Darkness
Chapter 12: Labyrinth of a Lost Race
Chapter 13: Sigils in the Underworld
Chapter 14: Tales of the Watcher
Chapter 15: Keeper of the Secrets
Chapter 16: From the Crypts of Memory
Chapter 17: The Horror from Beyond
Chapter 18: The Worms Eat Through Space and Time
Chapter 19: A Droid’s Tale
Part III: Firstborn of the Celestials and the Architects of Madness
Chapter 20: Songs of the Eternal
Chapter 21: Progeny
Of the Firstborn
Of Wutzek
Chapter 22: Their Cold Sovereignty
Section I: Spirits of Bedlam
Of Tilotny
Of Holiss-Horliss
Of Cold Danda Sine
Of Splendid Ap
Section II: Shapes of Things to Come
Section III: Brave New Worlds
Chapter 23: Diaspora
Section I: A Voyage to Notron
Section II: Battles of the Zhell and Taung
Section III: The Temptation of Eruthros
Chapter 24: The Sundered of Skyriver
Section I: The Ruination of Alashan
Section II: Dreamer of the Stars
Section III: Dragons of the Dark
Section IV: Concerning the Beast Folk
Chapter 25: Rise of the Supermen
Section I: The Derangement of the Elium and Elai
Section II: Shattered Symbiosis
Section III: The Thing on the Throne
Chapter 26: The Eldritch Abyss
Section I: Aerimus
Section II: Spawn of the Architects
Section III: Procreation of the Wicked
Chapter 27: Empire of the Necromancers
Section I: Witch Queens & Serpent Kings
Section II: Warlocks & Vampires
Section III: Monsters & Madmen
Section IV: The Enigma of Evil
Part IV: Begun, the Cosmic Wars Have
Chapter 28: The Empyrean Wars
Section I: The Shadow Kingdom
Section II: Bella Siderea
Section III: The Great Gate
Section IV: Angels & Demons
Chapter 29: The Darkening of Skyriver
Section I: Slayers & Saviors
Section II: Wizards of War
Section III: The Parliament of Trees
Section IV: Dejarik
Section V: Warriors of the Deep
The Tale of Protas
The Progenitor's Tale
Chapter 30: Broken Things
Section I: The Ancient Ones
Section II: Splintered
Chapter 31: The War of Temporal Planes
Section I: The Crystal Riders
Orax
Kedavra
Jennoshim
Taspan
Carnel and Cornus
Section II: The Heart of Seoul
Section III: The Hunger of Nhar-Zhaggoth
Chapter 32: Sealed Doors and Unbound Windows
Section I: The Guardian of Time and the In-Between Realms
Section II: The Sacrifice
Chapter 33: Scions
Section I: The Oracle of Pelgrin
Section II: Enter the Hyperdrive
Section III: The Sorrow of El'Shuddem
Section IV: Paradox
Chapter 34: Abaddon Exultant
Section I: Nemesis of the Suns
Section II: Horliss-Horliss Throws a Shape
Section III: Way of the Wandrella
Section IV: The Killiks and the Ones
Chapter 35: The Way the Winds Blow
Section I: Strange Happenings on Urthha
Section II: Cosmo and the Coming of the Concealed Ones
Section III: The Viis Empire
Section IV: Warriors of Shadow
Chapter 36: The Spirit of the Age
Section I: Restoration and Degeneration
Section II: The Swarm
Section III: A Winter's Tale from the Endor Woods
Part I: Morag and the Sentinel of the Snow King
Part II: Day of the Stranger
Part III: The Duchess of Sleet
Part IV: Stagorr and the Ice Demons
Part V: The First Battle of Endor
Chapter 37: Twilight of the Gods
Section I: Dark Nests and Black Hives
Section II: All the Worlds Will Be Your Enemies
Section III: Farewell to the Gods of Dark Illathurion
Section IV: The Sound of Shadows
Section V: Father, Son, Daughter... Mother
Chapter 38: Awakenings
Section I: Avenging Angel
Section II: Bringer of Chaos
Section III: The Armies of Abeloth
Section IV: The Infinite and Infernal Empires
Chapter 39: The Rise and Fall of the Two-Headed Beast
Section I: The Hundred Year Darkness
Section II: Naga Sadow and the Secrets of Darth Dreadwar
Section III: Sith Dynasties and the Stygian Creed
Section IV: The Legend of Lord Nyax
Section V: The Sorcerers of Rhand and the True Sith Empire
Part V: Decrees of Old
Chapter 42: The Verdict
Section I: The Testimony of Leia Organa Solo
Section II: A Droid and His Maker
Epilogue: Transformation
Of Arhul Hextrophon
The Truth About Legends

The Chapters of the giant novel.

=====

Credit thanks to Ant, just moving this on over here for him.

I'm really stoked to see what this giant novel is gonna have in store for the SWU. I'm really excited to see more love given to the Sorcerers of Rhand as I thought they were an interesting bunch who deserved more.

Kinda curious to see what this Celestial War is gonna bring. Along with who knows what else!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2020 02:02 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

You can allready read this novel (or at least some version of it) on the internet. Personally i don't like it very much. The novel tries to create some Marvel/DC type cosmology that i feel doesn't work for Star Wars.
The SWTOR expansion might be interesting, but i would like for them to move away from Vitiate after this.

Last edited by Darthadi on Oct 21st, 2020 at 02:22 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2020 02:13 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darthadi
You can allready read this novel (or at least some version of it) on the internet. Personally i don't like it very much. The novel tries to create some Marvel/DC type cosmology that i feel doesn't work for Star Wars.
The SWTOR expansion might be interesting, but i would like for them to move away from Vitiate after this.

To be fair SW always had some kinda cosmology to it with the Builders/Celestials, granted they weren’t explored much but they were there.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2020 02:39 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

I think for Star Wars it works better if the cosmology is not detailed.. When they created the celestials for the Mortis trilogy their ideea was to let it be somehow vague and interpretable.
To have a cosmology is fine, but this is too Marvel/DC for my tastes.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2020 02:56 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I think for Star Wars it works better if the cosmology is not detailed.. When they created the celestials for the Mortis trilogy their ideea was to let it be somehow vague and interpretable.

The Celestials were created faaaar before TCW, a bit they were only mentioned but they've been around since the 80s. The Ones aren't exactly Celestials, or they are perhaps related to them in some form.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Oct 21st, 2020 at 03:09 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2020 03:06 PM
Darthadi

I think the Ones were confirmed to be celestials. They also play a big role in this new book.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2020 03:08 PM
Zenwolf

I think the Ones were confirmed to be celestials. They also play a big role in this new book.

As I recall it's said that the Ones are what the Celestials become, or something to that effect and or they were affiliated or related to them in some form or another, though this kinda brings up more questions honestly and gets confusing. Yeah the Ones play a part in this novel, but we don't know what. I guess we're gonna have to wait and see what's what.

Though I can understand your gripe. Honestly I'm just more interesting in the Sorcerers of Rhand stuff, but my interest is also peeked at the other.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2020 03:12 PM
ares834

Completely agree.

Also, this SWTOR expansion sounds like ass. But perhaps I should stay instead, as expected of SWTOR.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2020 05:32 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

I like this! Looking forward to it

Old Post Oct 21st, 2020 05:52 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ares834
Completely agree.

Also, this SWTOR expansion sounds like ass. But perhaps I should stay instead, as expected of SWTOR.

I'm indifferent about the expansion, so who knows could be surprising.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2020 05:56 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The Expanded Edition is coming out, which is the final definitive version with a lot more / changed content and closer collaboration with other Star Wars authors like Pena. thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 21st, 2020 at 06:48 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2020 06:42 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Good to know.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2020 06:55 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Jaggarath
The Expanded Edition is coming out, which is the final definitive version with a lot more / changed content and closer collaboration with other Star Wars authors like Pena. thumb up

Btw was wanting to ask, do you have source links for the projects? Or at least the novel one coming up?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2020 07:00 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Btw was wanting to ask, do you have source links for the projects? Or at least the novel one coming up?

Here's their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/starwarstimeline

Myself, EmperorDMB, SupremeSkillz, DarthSkywalker0, and maybe ILS talked with the author on Google Hangouts facetime about a year ago discussing the project with him. Great stuff. I think Joe (the author) may actually know more about Legends than anyone else in the world, so I can't wait to read this final version. I donated $100 to the project, too. thumb up

I'm hoping to do some group discussions per chapter on SI and milk it for all it's worth, since this is probably the last big Legends work we'll ever get.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 21st, 2020 at 07:13 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2020 07:08 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Jaggarath
Here's their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/starwarstimeline

Myself, EmperorDMB, SupremeSkillz, DarthSkywalker0, and maybe ILS talked with the author on Google Hangouts facetime about a year ago discussing the project with him. Great stuff. I think Joe (the author) may actually know more about Legends than anyone else in the world, so I can't wait to read this final version. I donated $100 to the project, too. thumb up

I'm hoping to do some group discussions per chapter on SI and milk it for all it's worth, since this is probably the last big Legends work we'll ever get.

Oh sweet and for sure it'll be the biggest work! I guess it seems fitting if we're not gonna get anymore content, unless this somehow is the big push to make them realize that they can still make a profit from such material.

Either way though I am excited.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2020 07:25 PM
Zenwolf

So I just saw some rumors from a few days ago and on youtube talking about it. There might be something of a TFU 3 being worked on according to Daniel Richtman.

...I'm trying to not get too excited as it's just rumors but...I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS! That TFU 2 Cliffhanger is so annoying, I just...gotta know what happens, I wanna have the ending!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2020 02:41 PM
MaxBarton12

Looks interesting, anyway.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 04:34 PM
Click here to Send MaxBarton12 a Private Message Find more posts by MaxBarton12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Supernatural encounters is interesting to say the least but I have my doubts it'll be published in all honesty...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: For those who dunno, in a nutshell SE tells us that there is a supreme being named the Supreme Maker who created the "Prime Universe" he then created the Celestial species, each Celestial is ordered to create a copy of the Prime universe. Some time during this an evil Celestial named the Father of Shadows rebelled but failed in defeated the Supreme Maker alongside a group of Celestials. The Supreme Maker is The Force btw, and Father of Shadows is the Dark side.

Wutzek, along with the 3 Celestials who become the Family of Mortis, create the SW universe known as the Skyriver universe. Wutzek then creats the Bedlam Spirits, however the Bedlam Spirits go bad and trap Wutzek in an "angled trap" they then create "The Old Ones" such as Typhojem who introduce evil in the star wars universe.

The cosmic wars wages and the Old Ones and Bedlam Spirits are defeated by the family of Mortis, who then take mortal forms to oversee the SW universe until the chosen one aka Anakin arrives and brings balance within said universe.

That is I believe more or less the creation story of Wars. Other interesting things to note is Humanity actually comes from the prime Universe and migrated inti the Star Wars universe. Abeloth is the last Old One, and Korriban is the dead body of Typhojem. The Old Ones are more or less all the Gods mentioned in the SW galaxy such as the Immortal Gods of the Sith.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 05:54 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by The Merchant
Supernatural encounters is interesting to say the least but I have my doubts it'll be published in all honesty...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: For those who dunno, in a nutshell SE tells us that there is a supreme being named the Supreme Maker who created the "Prime Universe" he then created the Celestial species, each Celestial is ordered to create a copy of the Prime universe. Some time during this an evil Celestial named the Father of Shadows rebelled but failed in defeated the Supreme Maker alongside a group of Celestials. The Supreme Maker is The Force btw, and Father of Shadows is the Dark side.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Not sure I can agree with this interpretation. The Supreme Maker is, on several occasions, mentioned distinctly from The Force, and The Force is at one point called a gift of the Supreme Maker. It's also said that The Force came into existence concurrently with the Celestials and with the flow of time, and sown by the will of the maker.

At any rate, the Supreme Maker and the Father of Shadows seem to be the God and the Devil from Abrahamic mythology. The Prime Universe is the 'real world,' where the Father of Shadows (referenced as "the shining one," and "nakhash" (hebrew for "serpent")) lead his rebellion of "seraphim;" all pretty on-the-nose.
This actually took place before certain Celestials were sent out to create copy-universes. I think the idea is that the Prime Universe was corrupted, and thus spares became necessary, or at least desirable--and these universes are the various fictional worlds, which Earth's writers are divinely inspired by.

quote:
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Wutzek, along with the 3 Celestials who become the Family of Mortis, create the SW universe known as the Skyriver universe. Wutzek then creates the Bedlam Spirits, however the Bedlam Spirits go bad and trap Wutzek in an "angled trap" they then create "The Old Ones" such as Typhojem who introduce evil in the star wars universe.

The cosmic wars wages and the Old Ones and Bedlam Spirits are defeated by the family of Mortis, who then take mortal forms to oversee the SW universe until the chosen one aka Anakin arrives and brings balance within said universe.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: No, no, this is all out of order. Wutzek is the one who defeats the Bedlams (save for Splendid Ap and Horliss-Horliss, who side with the Celestials), and is "killed" by Typhojem. Typhojem is then killed by Horliss-Horliss.

Later on, Wutzek is resurrected, and then trapped by The Five. The Ones only really intervene after they use the Apotheosis Gates to incarnate into the mortal realm, and they do this because most of the Firstborn races turned away from the guidance of the Celestials at the behest of the Bedlams, and thus required direct assistance. They never face the Bedlams, though the remaining Firstborns do use the Ones' technologies against the minions of the Bedlams in the Twilight Wars.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Nov 9th, 2020 at 09:48 AM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2020 09:39 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote