KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Did Palpatine raise the sith fleet using the force?

Did Palpatine raise the sith fleet using the force?
Started by: xPRIMEx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xPRIMEx

Did Palpatine raise the sith fleet using the force?

It kinda seemed like he did, but that would be an insane feat. Does the book shed any light on this?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2020 08:32 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

Galan confirmed it was a vision a while back IIRC.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2020 10:40 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yep. The novelization confirms that the fleet being raised was part of a vision that Palpatine placed in Kylo's mind.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 10th, 2020 12:41 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Yep. The novelization confirms that the fleet being raised was part of a vision that Palpatine placed in Kylo's mind.

**The novelization confirms the Sith fleet rising was seen via Force vision from Sidious to Kylo. It doesn't mean the Sith fleet didn't rise as seen in the vision.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2020 01:31 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That's not how it reads to me. Seemed like the entire thing was just a vision. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 10th, 2020 at 01:48 PM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2020 01:45 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Ok thanks

Old Post Dec 10th, 2020 05:00 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

That's not how it reads to me. Seemed like the entire thing was just a vision. /shrug

There's nothing in the text that indicates that.

When Kylo goes to Exegol on screen, there's no fleet in the air. When Palpatine raises his hands, the fleet rises from the ground and the navigation tower unfurls and the fleet is now in orbit.

This isn't a vision in that the entire scene is fabricated. Clearly the fleet rose between Kylo's arrival and his departure.

It's Palpatine enabling Kylo to see what's literally happening outside.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 01:45 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm referring moreso to the notion that Palpatine used the Force to TK-raise the entire fleet himself(as the OP asked.)

Nothing indicates that he did so. The excerpt in the novelization where Kylo senses Palpatine "drawing upon the Force" just before the fleet rises, is likely referring to him gathering the Force in order to insert the aforementioned vision into Kylo's mind.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 03:12 PM
The_Tempest

I'm referring moreso to the notion that Palpatine used the Force to TK-raise the entire fleet himself(as the OP asked.)

Nothing indicates that he did so. The excerpt in the novelization where Kylo senses Palpatine "drawing upon the Force" just before the fleet rises, is likely referring to him gathering the Force in order to insert the aforementioned vision into Kylo's mind.

I agree there's no evidence from the novel that he TK'd the fleet to make it rise.

I just wanted to clarify the fleet rising was not a vision.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 03:18 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 03:31 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

of course Sidious didn't raise the fleet lol the Star destroyers were clearly active and running when they emerged from the surface of Exegol, watch the scene again, the thrusters are on.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2020 12:16 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Yeah

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Dec 15th, 2020 07:01 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superdad76
dad

that is weird

that the emperor had illusionn powers

Old Post Dec 17th, 2020 09:26 PM
Click here to Send Superdad76 a Private Message Find more posts by Superdad76 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Seemed like it to me just from watching the movie. He raises his hands and appears to use the force (electricity on his hands)

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote