KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread

Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (48): « First ... « 39 40 [41] 42 43 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darthadi

I don't think Vader will discover much.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2020 02:31 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Hopefully not.

Or he just discovers the Snoke clone(s).

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2020 02:49 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superdad76
dad

thank you for the scans i've been looking for this

very good read

Old Post Dec 17th, 2020 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Superdad76 a Private Message Find more posts by Superdad76 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Read the latest issue. Is vader's suit oboslete/not so advanced in canon, Just like his suit in legends?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2021 03:18 PM
Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That was the indication, which is odd. Almost seems like Pak forgot about Cylo creating the armor, and Vader himself rebuilding it. /shrug

Old Post Jan 14th, 2021 04:43 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Ffs the story group should hire KMC members.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2021 04:46 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Wasn't the droid talking about Vader's improvised leg which was made from old junk?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2021 05:03 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The droid scanned all of his components, and everything was shit, apparently.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2021 05:15 PM
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darthadi
Wasn't the droid talking about Vader's improvised leg which was made from old junk?
He also commented other parts of Vader's suit were junk after a scan
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/St...e-9?id=180523#9

Old Post Jan 14th, 2021 05:17 PM
Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Originally posted by Galan007
The droid scanned all of his components, and everything was shit, apparently.

It was junk in the sense that it was just life support stuff which would be useless for that droid.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2021 05:59 PM
Darthadi

It's also possible that his suit was really advanced for his time, but is somehow outdated for the pretensions of the droid. There are 20+ years between ROTS and this comic after all.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2021 06:02 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's still annoying that a master techie like Anakin would even allow his suit to become so outdated in the first place -- to the point where even a third rate droid, hired by a second rate assassin, would be shitting on its design.

Or maybe Vader just wasnt interested in advancing the suit, because it was still serving its purpose just fine. /shrug

Regardless, his armor obviously gets rebuilt by RotJ, so I'm curious if any upgrades to it will be mentioned?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2021 07:22 PM
Darthadi

As I said:
It was junk in the sense that it was just life support stuff which would be useless for that droid, not necessarly because is was bad.

I think the intent was for that droid to be much more than a third rate droid.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2021 07:44 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

the droid pirate (so cool btw) was frustrated because he was told that this "machine" was the greatest weapon the Empire had so it assumed that it had heavily advanced tech, what it failed to understand was that its the most dangerous because of the man inside, not the machine parts so thats why the droid was so pissed at the mundane material making up Vaders mechanical parts

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 12:57 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Darthadi
As I said:
It was junk in the sense that it was just life support stuff which would be useless for that droid, not necessarly because is was bad.
The droid stated the components of Vader's armor were decades-old "junk". So it doesn't seem like there is anything particularly special about his armor, from a technological standpoint.

Like relentless said: what makes the armor special is the guy wearing it.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 01:54 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Anyway, Vader is now on his way to Exegol, in order to locate Palpatine's "greatest secrets":
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

-----------------------

Solicits for the next issue:
quote:
After passing the test of THE EYE OF WEBBISH BOGG, DARTH VADER has learned the route to the hidden location of THE EMPEROR'S greatest secrets! But in THE RED NEBULA along the way, can Vader survive the onslaught of the greatest predator in the galaxy? Especially if the monster's most brutal attack transcends the physical? And what horrors await the Emperor if a transformed Vader makes it to his dark door?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 02:01 PM
Zenwolf

I like how if this is the case and we see that Anakin has appeared to Luke. He just decided to not tell him anything about that Wayfinder he has or just anything or none of the others helped Luke out during his search. Great father right there..

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 04:28 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Is that Cthulhu in the last panel?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 06:40 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Visually it's reminiscent of Cthulhu, but the creature itself hasn't been named yet.

According to the solicits, it's evidently the "greatest predator in the galaxy", and has an attack that "transcends the physical".

Should be interesting to see how Vader deals with it...

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 06:56 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zenwolf
I like how if this is the case and we see that Anakin has appeared to Luke. He just decided to not tell him anything about that Wayfinder he has or just anything or none of the others helped Luke out during his search. Great father right there..

I always got the impression there were certain things force ghosts couldnt tell.

For instance Qui-Gons ghost did not tell Yoda who Sidious was.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 07:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote