KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Holiday Tourney - low herald/high meta edition ~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Holiday Tourney - low herald/high meta edition ~~~~~~~~~~~~
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 15 16 [17]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Same here, maybe.

Old Post Yesterday 01:21 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

It's no new arguments in the final post, right?

Old Post Yesterday 04:35 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I have no idea and I'm also not sure when an argument would start being considered new so not sure how to make that fair. We can say no new scans and we only discuss points that were shown already and I'm ok with that.

How is it supposed to be Phil?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Yesterday 04:53 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

The final post is supposed to be a 'summary' sort to speak. I.e. overview of the match.

So for example no change of tactics or game changing new scans that have nothing to do with what has been discussed up until now. Scans that support a point you've already made are fair to use.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Yesterday 05:21 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

And to rebut points raised in the 2nd post, I assume? So Bentley can counter my assertion in post #2 that Colossus is useless, for example, with new scans to show why he is Pr's fav?

Old Post Yesterday 05:23 PM
-Pr-

Second favourite. Whore.

“Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction -- its essence -- has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.”

Old Post Yesterday 05:24 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Yes, rebuttal is ok.

Essentially the 'fair play' of the final post is as not to keep hidden scans/arguments up to the last post, just so that it cannot be rebutted [ther's been quite a few posters who've done that over time]. So Coldcast suddenly making a Black Hole or Absorbing Man transforming into psionic energy is not an argument that should be made there.

You've both already done your 'moves'. At this point, it should be the why it works or doesn't.

Old Post Yesterday 05:25 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

So I can't redraft?

Old Post Yesterday 05:27 PM
Philosophía

You can always redraft if Bentley agrees.

Even between the verdicts thumb up

Old Post Yesterday 05:27 PM
Bentley
Seitei

You can even ask to trade Colossus away from me.

Old Post Yesterday 05:37 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Traitors. All of you.

“Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction -- its essence -- has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.”

Old Post Yesterday 05:53 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote:
No, I'll write it for you.

As always.

laughing out loud

wait, i thought carv usually wrote his tourney posts....? confused

Old Post Today 01:51 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

wait, i thought carv usually wrote his tourney posts....? confused

Jokes on you.

(please log in to view the image)

My credibility is over 9000.

Old Post Today 08:41 AM
DarkSaint85

Sent Mine

Old Post Today 12:37 PM
Bentley
Seitei

So did I

Old Post Today 12:38 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Jokes on you.

(please log in to view the image)

My credibility is over 9000.

why do you think i had him write MY posts for so many years? thumb up

Old Post Today 01:28 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Who are the judges?

Old Post Today 05:06 PM