KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Kylo Ren Respect Thread

Kylo Ren Respect Thread
Started by: xPRIMEx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Fair enough. thumb up

The same source also states that Rey was an "unprecedented Force prodigy." So do you guys also think that blurb is just the same sort of generalized wank/hype?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 02:44 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DevVed
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Fair enough. thumb up

The same source also states that Rey was an "unprecedented Force prodigy." So do you guys also think that blurb is just the same sort of generalized wank/hype?
All's I know is in RoS he had Rey good and beat before Carrie Fischer had to make a dramatic overdose/suicide

That masochistic move was hostile and pointless as Jesus and whatever the **** plot device has kylo dying to save Rey in order to get kissed by the supercunt.

Last edited by DevVed on Jan 30th, 2021 at 02:49 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 02:47 PM
Click here to Send DevVed a Private Message Find more posts by DevVed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DevVed
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Jedi were all masochists!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 02:50 PM
Click here to Send DevVed a Private Message Find more posts by DevVed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DevVed
Restricted

Account Restricted

It should have been Hayden and Portman on a throne! With no backstory, humping like pidgeons

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 02:50 PM
DevVed
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aka me and Knightley

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 02:51 PM
Darth Thor

Fair enough. thumb up

Thats clearly true about Rey. But its also why everyone hates her.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 03:29 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Fair enough. thumb up

Sure thing. Anakin had much more potential lol I'd argue even Luke had more

Old Post Jan 31st, 2021 09:52 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Thats clearly true about Rey. But its also why everyone hates her.
Chosen one says hi

Old Post Jan 31st, 2021 09:53 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Chosen one says hi

Well even the Chosen One needed training.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2021 10:47 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Well, even Luke had less training than Anakin, but still Anakin’s potential >Luke’s. That’s just lazy writing

Old Post Jan 31st, 2021 06:43 PM
xPRIMEx

I’m not sure why everyone assumes Anakin has more potential than Luke and Kylo just because he’s the chosen one, especially when there’s multiple quotes that imply Kylo possesses the same potential: Snoke’s line in TLJ and now that one that Galan007 provided

Old Post Feb 1st, 2021 02:06 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It almost seems like the #SkywalkerPotential is a sort of inherent genetic 'ability' that is passed down the bloodline.

1.) Starts with Anakin(ie. the 'original' Chosen One.)

2a.) Luke was implied to have inherited that potential, as Palpatine believed that he could reach "the true potential of his bloodline."

2b.) Leia also seemed to be a recipient of the same(or at least very similar) potential:
-Yoda initially believed that Leia should be trained as a Jedi before Luke. She already had the immense potential to become a powerful Jedi, and more importantly, had the solid/grounded mindset required for the job.
-After a short time training together(post-RotJ), Leia was already doing things that were beyond Luke, and Luke stated that her power was "exceptional."
-Leia would later beat Luke during their little sparring session.
-etc.

Leia just opted to forego her Jedi training, and pursue politics instead.

3.) Then Kylo was stated to be the "heir to the potential of the Skywalker line." Makes a bit of sense for that statement to be literal, given that, by all accounts, Kylo's potential ~ Rey's(who was stated to be an "unprecedented Force prodigy"), along with Luke's "I've seen this raw strength only once before... In Ben Solo" line.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2021 02:09 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

I agree that Luke and Leia probably had the same potential, being twins and all that.

But I've always found it strange that Vader wasn't able to sense Leia's power in ANH, even though he was standing in the same room as her multiple times.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2021 02:36 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Yeah it seems to be that all descendants of Anakin have the same potential as a Skywalker.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2021 02:44 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

That would be dumb tho. Makes the whole chosen one prophecy and Mortis stuff look super cheap and insignificant.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2021 02:49 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Also having Skywalker potential doesn't necessarly mean having Anakin's potential. It's a possible interpretation, but not the only one.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2021 02:53 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
But I've always found it strange that Vader wasn't able to sense Leia's power in ANH, even though he was standing in the same room as her multiple times.
The "canon" answer is because Leia had no awareness of her own Force potential, as no one in her life(at the time) had ever tried to point her down that path. And because her abilities were dormant, they could not be explicitly sensed.

As we saw with Rey in TFA: no matter how much latent potential a Force user has, it evidently cannot be sensed by other Force users until it has been "awakened."

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Yeah it seems to be that all descendants of Anakin have the same potential as a Skywalker.
Does kind of seem like they are all meant to share the same potential, imo. But like Darthadi said: it's not the only possibility, I suppose.

Originally posted by Darthadi
That would be dumb tho. Makes the whole chosen one prophecy and Mortis stuff look super cheap and insignificant.
Tbf, the Chosen One prophesy became insignificant the moment we found out that Palpatine was never really destroyed(he instantly body-hopped from Endor to Exegol.) So Anakin never brought "ultimate balance to the Force", as the prophecy foretold. He just helped buy the galaxy a few decades-worth of relative peace.

It was the same way in Legends, though... Except Palpatine himself came back much sooner in that continuity.

"Balance" is a subjective term, I suppose.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 1st, 2021 at 03:38 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2021 03:26 PM
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

didnt Luke state in novel that "balance" is like intervals in the breathing of the force or something like that? If that is the case, Then it makes sense there are chosen oneS with great potentials in the force throughout history I suppose

Old Post Feb 1st, 2021 03:50 PM
Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Not really Palps coming back at the time doesn’t ruin any prophecy cause Lucas hadn’t come up with that yet, all Vader did was save his son from an evil Emperor. I mean yeah it does later when the PT came out, but not intentional since Tom couldn’t see the future. Which is why I give DE a pass, unlike the ST in that regard which doesn’t have an excuse to bring him back.

^ To Galan, dumb editing system...

Last edited by Zenwolf on Feb 1st, 2021 at 03:54 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2021 03:51 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
didnt Luke state in novel that "balance" is like intervals in the breathing of the force or something like that? If that is the case, Then it makes sense there are chosen oneS with great potentials in the force throughout history I suppose

Yes, but Anakin seems special even among them since he is the only one with a many thousands year old prophecy about him and the only one the Father said that can replace him on Mortis.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2021 04:16 PM