KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Crimson Reign (comic series)

Crimson Reign (comic series)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Underachiever59
You really don't think the Empire could take Yoda if they were given his location? He's powerful, sure, but you know the moment the Empire learns his location, they're sending a whole fleet to bombard his location, then sending Vader down to finish off whatever's left. It's not like the Archivist would have to physically take Yoda to Qi'ra or the Empire. All she would need to do is give a location, which she had.
The Archivist's ability to track Yoda down in a [relatively] short period of time really made me wonder how much effort Palpatine actually put into trying to find Yoda after the purge.

Like, I know the Archivist is an exceptional researcher, has in-depth knowledge of Jedi/Sith lore, and is also mildly Force-sensitive... But certainly Palpatine could have done the same IF he truly wanted to.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 18th, 2022 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

Originally posted by Galan007
The Archivist's ability to track Yoda down in a [relatively] short period of time really made me wonder how much effort Palpatine actually put into trying to find Yoda after the purge.

Like, I know the Archivist is an exceptional researcher, has in-depth knowledge of Jedi/Sith lore, and is also mildly Force-sensitive... But certainly Palpatine could have done the same IF he truly wanted to.

That "If he truly wanted to" is what I feel solves the conundrum. Would Palpatine gladly make sure Yoda died if he happened to learn Yoda's location? Sure. But I'm pretty confident that Palpatine was thrilled at the prospect of the Grand Master of the Jedi Order having to hide out as a hermit, watching the Sith rule the galaxy unopposed. Just a perfect victory for Palpatine, and no real incentive to have Yoda hunted down and killed.

That is, of course, until Sheev learned Anakin's kids survived around the time of Empire Strikes Back. And by then, the damage was already done. Luke was well on his way to learning to use the Force, and Palpatine couldn't have possibly found Yoda in time to prevent him from teaching Luke.

Really, if Yoda died between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, galactic events probably wouldn't change much, if at all. The whole scene with Yoda was shoehorned into the movie because George Lucas really, really needed to drive home that Vader wasn't lying about being Luke's dad at the end of the previous movie. Otherwise, Yoda's parting wisdom doesn't give Luke anything that benefits him going into the confrontation against Vader and Sidious. The tidbit about his sibling could have been given to Luke after the downfall of the Sith, and Luke wouldn't have been put in nearly as precarious of a position during the confrontation.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2022 03:27 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

I agree. It was the ultimate FU to the Jedi for their centuries old grand master to just have to sit there and helplessly watch the Empire rule the galaxy.

Canon has certainly made it clear that the Empire was actively hunting Yoda to a point, but Sidious himself had no reason to put much effort into trying to find Yoda.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2022 12:28 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Originally posted by Underachiever59
That "If he truly wanted to" is what I feel solves the conundrum. Would Palpatine gladly make sure Yoda died if he happened to learn Yoda's location? Sure. But I'm pretty confident that Palpatine was thrilled at the prospect of the Grand Master of the Jedi Order having to hide out as a hermit, watching the Sith rule the galaxy unopposed. Just a perfect victory for Palpatine, and no real incentive to have Yoda hunted down and killed.

That is, of course, until Sheev learned Anakin's kids survived around the time of Empire Strikes Back. And by then, the damage was already done. Luke was well on his way to learning to use the Force, and Palpatine couldn't have possibly found Yoda in time to prevent him from teaching Luke.

Really, if Yoda died between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, galactic events probably wouldn't change much, if at all. The whole scene with Yoda was shoehorned into the movie because George Lucas really, really needed to drive home that Vader wasn't lying about being Luke's dad at the end of the previous movie. Otherwise, Yoda's parting wisdom doesn't give Luke anything that benefits him going into the confrontation against Vader and Sidious. The tidbit about his sibling could have been given to Luke after the downfall of the Sith, and Luke wouldn't have been put in nearly as precarious of a position during the confrontation.
thumb up

In hindsight, Sidious SHOULD have put all of his effort into hunting down Yoda (and to a lesser extent Kenobi) right after the purge. Had he done so, Luke would have never really been able to make the transition into a Jedi and the Empire would have lasted far longer than it did (possible forever)

But arrogance is one of the key traits of a Sith.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2022 12:41 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Issue #4 preview:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Interesting to see the KoR actually using the Force/TK on panel(even if their combined feat was pretty weak in comparison to what most trained Jedi/Sith can do.)

Also looks like one of the KoR destroyed Momin's mask, unfortunately. Would have much rather liked to see one of them put it on.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 01:25 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Wow...it takes all of them just to do that?....I mean I guess it fits with their accolades in relation to their Force prowess which is...like next to none but....that's....wow.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Apr 22nd, 2022 at 08:05 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 07:58 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

It's a really shit showing honestly. Takes 7 of them digging deep just to part a small lava flow. That's something I might expect ONE no name padawan to struggle with. Jesus.

Makes a saberless Kylo getting beaten down by them almost laughable. He should have been able to force own the lot of them with ease.

Last edited by Sheev on Apr 22nd, 2022 at 08:09 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 08:07 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Sheev
It's a really shit showing honestly. Takes 7 of them digging deep just to part a small lava flow. That's something I might expect ONE no name padawan to struggle with. Jesus.

Makes a saberless Kylo getting beaten down by them almost laughable. He should have been able to force own the lot of them with ease.

I'd honestly kinda struggle to put them even on Force Adept tier with that. I think those Stonepower Force Users that Yoda met could have done that with lesser people.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 08:36 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Yeah, honestly your average no name Jedi Knight should be stronger than them individually. I really can't start liking this group, they are just so boring and uninteresting to me. But now I want to know how our faithful Vane will proceed

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Yeah that's pretty bad. Hopefully more emphasis is placed on their passive force powers moving forward, because some of those do seem to be pretty cool- like Vicrul becoming more powerful every time he kills someone.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 11:58 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Yeah that's pretty bad. Hopefully more emphasis is placed on their passive force powers moving forward, because some of those do seem to be pretty cool- like Vicrul becoming more powerful every time he kills someone.

I don't think much will come of that, I mean didn't that sort of ability didn't seem to help against Luke's Padawans. Nor help against Kylo, I mean if the guy got stronger each time he killed someone, you'd think he'd be killing as much as possible.

Unless it's only temporary then I don't think it would be really that useful....at least in the long term.

Still passive powers is about all they could really do, given their description of having crap Force connection.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2022 02:46 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Apr 28th, 2022 02:03 AM
xPRIMEx

This was a cool isssue. I was pumped when Vader showed up, I really wasn’t sure if he was gonna be there. And then when he force crushed one of the Knights of Ren. Also Ren actually held his own for like 30 seconds considering the length of their conversation. That should scale him to inquisitor level, maybe slightly above considering Cal Kestis did much worse against Vader.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2022 02:47 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Nah he was almost four shotted. First attack is blocked by Vader, then you have two more panels of them fighting, and then in the fourth panel Vader wounds him near the belly before Ren decides to run away. Considering that in canon people rarely get oneshotted, it’s not very impressive . Ferren Barr lasted more, and Cal is hard to gauge since you can attack Vader for a bit before the running sequence starts so it’s hard to judge. Besides, Kal had just made his way through dozens of stormtroopers and the second sister so he likely was a tiny bit tired

Old Post Apr 29th, 2022 06:57 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Comics duels are usually shortened, you can see this if you read the graphic novel adaptations of any of the movie duels. He probably wasn’t four shot, considering the fact that the length of their conversation is much longer than it takes to swing 4 times, and he held Vader off long enough for all the KOR to escape. This is much better than Cal, Cere, S2 Kanan and Ezra all did.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2022 06:27 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Better than the Grand Inquisitor too. He got one shot as soon as Vader started trying.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2022 06:28 PM
xPRIMEx

Here's an example. The graphic novel adaptation of TROS shows Ben one shotting the KOR, and beating Rey in like 3-4 strikes:

Attachment: kor1.png
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Apr 29th, 2022 06:38 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

Kind of unrelated, but.....

Ren actually tried to fight Vader, but was scared of Luke to the point where he didn't even attempt to engage him and opted to just hand over the High Republic cache and flee instead.

Is this more proof that ST age Luke > Vader?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2022 06:46 PM
xPRIMEx

Not necessarily.

Ren HAD to fight Vader, or else the KOR wouldn’t have been able to escape. He didn’t have to fight Luke, luke was willing to just let them leave.

Also, if he had already fought Vader and realized how OP he was, and probably had heard that Luke Skywalker was the one who had defeated him, he probably knew he had no chance

Last edited by xPRIMEx on Apr 29th, 2022 at 10:39 PM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2022 10:32 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Sheev
Is this more proof that ST age Luke > Vader?

ST Luke was a total cry baby wuss. I just pretend that was a deformed clone of Luke.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2022 02:22 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote