KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Series

Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Series
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

That is a concern. Anyway Vader does probably get bested by Kenobi again.

Old Post May 9th, 2022 05:23 PM
Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Actually Kenobi needs to win for the ANH dialogue to make any kind of sense.

"The circle is NOW complete. When I left you I was but the learner, NOW I Am The Master."

Also "Your Powers are weak old man."

That quote would still make sense if Kenobi tricks him though. I’m sure Vader will be depicted as the superior combatant. Rumors are there will be [SPOILER - highlight to read]: two fights and the first one doesn’t go well for Kenobi. Kenobi is better prepared in the second one. He remembers sparring with Anakin and uses this knowledge to his advantage, as well as some additional guidance from Qui Gon’s force ghost.
We’ve been promised a “very powerful Vader” “in his prime”. Expect an unstoppable force like depicted in Fallen Order where the only option is to escape.

Old Post May 14th, 2022 12:42 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

That Kenobi and his tricks.

Old Post May 14th, 2022 05:21 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Vader/Kenobi should get new rankings after this.

Old Post May 19th, 2022 07:42 PM
Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I expect this Vader to handle himself better than even this:

(please log in to view the image)

If he's anything but a nigh unstoppable juggernaut, I will be disappoint.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on May 19th, 2022 at 11:23 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2022 11:21 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/05/o...ism-1234727577/

Uh oh. Looks like they are pre-emptively trying to dismiss criticism as racism. Not a good sign about the shows quality.

“To me, it’s long overdue. If you’ve got talking droids and aliens, but no people of color, it doesn’t make any sense. It’s 2022, you know. So we’re just at the beginning of that change. But I think to start that change is better than never having started it.”

Lady you are 42 years too late. And Rogue One had an incredibly diverse cast, more so so than any other SW film (while also being almost universally liked and considered one of the best modern SW films.)

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 09:10 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

"Never having started it." ....Sorry what?.....WHAT?

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 10:31 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Typical defense. If we have a problem with Reva soloing Vader/Kenobi at the same time we are nothing but racist far-right Nazi incels.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 10:46 PM
Darth Thor

Meh doesnt sound defensive. At least not yet…

But it makes me wonder, if thats what they wanted (coloured or female characters in lead roles), then why make an Obi-Wan show?

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 11:16 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

To drag in viewers? I was also hearing rumors on the show not really being about Kenobi, that he's there but not solely the main focus. Guess we'll see when the show drops.

Or well I'll see given your guys reaction, not gonna watch it.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zenwolf
To drag in viewers?

Doubt it. That sort of forced diversity rarely increases numbers. Just increases Twitter rage if the show ends up being bad.

I was also hearing rumors on the show not really being about Kenobi, that he's there but not solely the main focus.

I doubt that.

But the point of a series over a movie is it can flesh out other characters as well.

Or well I'll see given your guys reaction, not gonna watch it.

Ha! You boycotting? Or you dont have Disney Plus?

Old Post May 24th, 2022 07:46 AM
Zenwolf

Not at all, just not really big on the new SW after the ST, Rebels. The main SW comic series I just felt was…ehh, the GE and the Inquisitors got shot in the face compared to what they once were.

I really don’t like Han’s origin all that much. . A bit this I guess is more a minor nitpick, with regards to his military service, but to me it made more sense for him to be a Navy Officer than an Imperial grunt.

The new characters that haven’t been recycled are just kinda…boring. TF99 is all flash and not really interesting. Boba Fett I really don’t like compared to what he once was.

There is some good don’t get me wrong, but this mainly pertains to Vader and while he is one of my fav SW, that’s not enough to have me get invested back with all the other issues I have.

Last edited by Zenwolf on May 24th, 2022 at 02:36 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2022 02:30 PM
ares834

I completely agree. Disney Wars has been a disaster. They’ve ruined characters like Luke, Han, and even Boba while failing to create any new major compelling ones. The characters of the ST are just bland and uninspired especially compared to their closest EU counterparts, the Solo kids. The TV shows have been hit or miss, but even the best of these shows like the Mandalorian doesn’t have great characters or plots. Rather it relies on fan service like the Luke corridor scene. The books have been mediocre at best. I’ll admit the comics (at least those I’ve read which doesn’t include any of the recent ones) were pretty good but that’s all I’ve been impressed with. But from what I’ve seen, the newer comics have gone down the drain with trying to deal with all the garbage from RoS.

I’ve heard good things about the High Republic but I have absolutely no interest in it. The villains look to be very boring, especially in comparison to Sith. I mean, that was the whole appeal of these stories set in earlier eras in the EU such as TotJ and KotOR, massive battles between Sith and Jedi. Anyway, I tried to read Light of the Jedi but was quickly bored and dropped it early on. I also was very annoyed by them having the plot start off with what was essentially the Holdo Maneuver. They were just doubling down on the stupidity.

So, yeah...

TLDR: Disney Wars is shit.

Old Post May 24th, 2022 06:14 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Meh doesnt sound defensive. At least not yet…

But it makes me wonder, if thats what they wanted (coloured or female characters in lead roles), then why make an Obi-Wan show?

It's because they have no faith the property will do well without it. You can see this in tons of different IPs. This is just the next one in line.

The sad thing is, if the show was actually good regardless of Kenobi being in it, people would watch it. The leaks sound so bad though. I really hope they're not true.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 25th, 2022 01:01 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Will at least be funny watching Vader Not call Obi-Wan by his name, even though he does just that another 10 years later laughing out loud

Old Post May 25th, 2022 01:07 PM
Psychotron

Saw the first 2 episodes. Pretty meh so far, aside from the Order 66 scene. Leia is written horribly, like she's a 20-something hipster, and the black inquisitor is a terrible actress.

Old Post May 27th, 2022 10:33 AM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Watched the first 2 episodes.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Aside from the notable actors that you'd expect to deliver, the rest of the acting was horrendous.

Lil Leia should not have been given so much screentime. Not trying to knock the kid, but she just... isn't good. Same with all of the Inquisitors so far, but especially whoever plays the 3rd Sister- she is absolutely terrible. Every scene with her is pure cringe.

I really hope this turns around.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 27th, 2022 12:48 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by Galan007
Watched the first 2 episodes.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Aside from the notable actors that you'd expect to deliver, the rest of the acting was horrendous.

Lil Leia should not have been given so much screentime. Not trying to knock the kid, but she just... isn't good. Same with all of the Inquisitors so far, but especially whoever plays the 3rd Sister- she is absolutely terrible. Every scene with her is pure cringe.

I really hope this turns around.

To be fair to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Lil Leia, the material she has to work with is absolute trash. Why does she sound like a smug college girl? And yeah, the Third Sister is unbearable. The only way this will work is if Obi-Wan humbles her in a fight, or Vader just casually chokes her for failing him.

I'm not a fan of depressed Obi-Wan either. He reminds me too much of TLJ Luke. I hope he turns this around and becomes heroic again.

Old Post May 27th, 2022 02:24 PM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Reva is an absolute annoying ****.

Hope Vader kills that *****.

Old Post May 27th, 2022 03:58 PM
Psychotron

Originally posted by playa1258
Reva is an absolute annoying ****.

Hope Vader kills that *****.

Amen. Anyone find it really strange that she knows [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Vader is Anakin Skywalker?. I feel like only Vader and Sidious should know that.

Old Post May 27th, 2022 04:25 PM