KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Series

Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Series
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

Well...nice to see things are off to such a 'great' beginning with the characters. Well the new ones introduced anyway, I expect Ewan to be good even if I'm not watching.

Also that Inquisitor knows THAT for....what reasons? I feel like that's gonna be a problem..

Old Post May 27th, 2022 08:07 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well...nice to see things are off to such a 'great' beginning with the characters. Well the new ones introduced anyway, I expect Ewan to be good even if I'm not watching.

Also that Inquisitor knows THAT for....what reasons? I feel like that's gonna be a problem..

What's equally strange is that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Obi-Wan didn't know Anakin/Vader was still alive until the Third Sister told him. He really thought Anakin had died on Mustafar. I know Tatooine is an Outter Rim backwater, but that seems unlikely.

Old Post May 27th, 2022 08:46 PM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Funny two episodes so far, but I'm already annoyed by the Third Sister. I loved yhe Order 66 sequence, hope we get to see more from it

Old Post May 27th, 2022 10:36 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Star Wars has become the ex you go back to again and again, "This time will be different..." I'm an idiot.

Seriously, you'd think they'd put their A-team on this since it's about Obi-Wan and they have Vader. But nope... Instead, we get yet another painfully generic story about a precocious kid inspiring an old, and burned-out hero. Joy.

The villains so far are awful. Reva is downright terrible. Her actress is barely better than Leia's. Meanwhile, the GI and Sixth brother look absolutely awful. Some people excused the dreadful make-up saying they couldn't do intricate make-up because of action scenes... So much for that excuse. The action is also terrible. The Order 66 scene was the only good action scene. The rest were downright laughable. Watching Leia runwaddle around and all these adults struggle to catch her looked like something out of a bad fan film. How was that shit approved?

Then there were some continuity issues. Having Leia and Kenobi interact like this makes the way she asks for Obi-Wan's help in ANH pretty odd. The bigger issue though is now the Empire knows kidnapping Leia can draw out Obi-Wan. Sure, he'll probably trick the Empire into thinking he is dead or something but, in Rebels Vader, knows (or at least believes) Kenobi is still alive. That's why he wants Ahsoka so bad.

It wasn't all bad though. Ewan McGregor does well. The show also does a good job making the worlds and settings interesting. I particularly like that scene with the Clone Trooper. It's a small moment that adds a lot to the universe. And while I wasn't a big fan of the character, the idea of people masquerading as Jedi to con others is fun.

Old Post May 28th, 2022 02:09 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So the name Ben hasnt really caught on has it laughing out loud

Originally posted by Psychotron
Amen. Anyone find it really strange that she knows [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Vader is Anakin Skywalker?. I feel like only Vader and Sidious should know that.

Im guessing shes [SPOILER - highlight to read]: one of younglings from the Temple Order 66 scene (there was black girl amongst them right?), so she likely saw Anakin killing Jedi.

Want more flashbacks. Want to see [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Anakin killing Jedi at the Temple

Last edited by Darth Thor on May 28th, 2022 at 02:37 AM

Old Post May 28th, 2022 02:30 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by ares834
The bigger issue though is now the Empire knows kidnapping Leia can draw out Obi-Wan. Sure, he'll probably trick the Empire into thinking he is dead or something but, in Rebels Vader, knows (or at least believes) Kenobi is still alive. That's why he wants Ahsoka so bad.

That's something I was wondering as well. Why wouldn't Vader pay the Organas a visit after seeing Obi-Wan run to Leia's rescue within a day.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Im guessing shes [SPOILER - highlight to read]: one of younglings from the Temple Order 66 scene (there was black girl amongst them right?), so she likely saw Anakin killing Jedi.

Want more flashbacks. Want to see [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Anakin killing Jedi at the Temple

I'm gonna laugh my ass off it turns out that Anakin spared her as a youngling or something. I can't really see why else she would want to join the people that tried to kill her. Or maybe she wants to get close to Vader so she can kill him? Maybe she wants revenge for Order 66. Who knows. I'm sure Disney will come up with something even more retarded than what I just wrote.

Last edited by Psychotron on May 28th, 2022 at 06:27 AM

Old Post May 28th, 2022 06:23 AM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Inquisitors are usually taken as younglings or padawans and tortured until they embrace the dark side.

In fact the GI was a full grown Knight before he turned.

So nothing strange there. Question is whats [SPOILER - highlight to read]: her beef with Obi-Wan but they will obviously give us her back story.

Old Post May 28th, 2022 10:41 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I havent gone by the name Obi-Wan since oh when you were about 10 years old…

^ Thats the line from ANH right ?

Old Post May 28th, 2022 10:42 AM
Psychotron

Yes, just like: "General Kenobi. Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Also, remember that time you saved me from an uppity inquisitor and her bounty hunters? Good times. Anyway..."

Old Post May 28th, 2022 12:47 PM
Darth Thor

I mean I get it that they had to justify him [SPOILER - highlight to read]: leaving Luke. And saving Leia is the Only possible justification for that.

And the very existence of this show was going to screw with canon. But dont mess with it more than you need to. Like so far theres been absolutely no need or justification for ANYONE to call him Obi-Wan. Like as if he was on a first name basis with all these mooks.

Even the Random [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jedi. Like thats a Council Member youre referring to. Call him MASTER. Or Master KENOBI. Ffs.

Old Post May 28th, 2022 01:45 PM
ares834

Having people refer to him as Obi-Wan is a non-issue. He still doesn't go by that name anymore, regardless if a few people call him that a handful of times in the many years between RotS and ANH.

Old Post May 28th, 2022 02:45 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Hows that a non-issue? It completely takes away from him being shocked at hearing that name in ANH.

Not to mention there was no need for that Handful of nobodies to refer to him by that name. Absolutely pointless retcon.

And I get it theyre playing semantics. Its now the full name (first name and surname together)Obi-Wan Kenobi he hasnt heard in a long time. Still a pointless semantic retcon.

Last edited by Darth Thor on May 28th, 2022 at 03:12 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2022 03:06 PM
ares834

Nah. Like I said, there is a difference between going by and having some call you by. For example, I sometimes use my brother's old nickname despite the fact that he doesn't go by that name anymore.

Old Post May 28th, 2022 07:32 PM
Psychotron

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I mean I get it that they had to justify him [SPOILER - highlight to read]: leaving Luke. And saving Leia is the Only possible justification for that.

And the very existence of this show was going to screw with canon. But dont mess with it more than you need to. Like so far theres been absolutely no need or justification for ANYONE to call him Obi-Wan. Like as if he was on a first name basis with all these mooks.

Even the Random [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jedi. Like thats a Council Member youre referring to. Call him MASTER. Or Master KENOBI. Ffs.

They didn't need to bring Leia in at all. Now we have a massive plot hole since now the Empire surely knows there's a strong connection between the Organa family and Kenobi. I can't imagine why Vader wouldn't have them rounded up and interrogated. They could have made a story about Obi-Wan leaving Tatooine to lure the inquisitors away to protect Luke or something.

Honestly though, I didn't want to see Obi-Wan fight Vader again before ANH. It should have been a Yojimbo-esque story where Obi-Wan protects the poor folk of Tatooine from gangsters while hiding his identity.

Last edited by Psychotron on May 28th, 2022 at 07:43 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2022 07:41 PM
Zenwolf

@Thor, the line is.

"Obi-Wan Kenobi....Obi-Wan. Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time, a long time."

"I think my Uncle knows him, he said he was dead."

"Oh he's not dead, not yet."

"Well you know him?"

"Well of course I know him! He's me, I haven't gone by the name Obi-Wan since all before you were born."

Old Post May 28th, 2022 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

(please log in to view the image)

Alderaan's not far away. It's Californication.

Old Post May 29th, 2022 12:26 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Watched both eps. I think the plot is largely crap, and the villains are pretty weak (Reva herself is just a crapper version of Trilla).

I'm really glad to see Kenobi back on screen again, so as long as they don't completely ruin him I doubt I'll be too disappointed. And while I don't like the whole "cynical adult finds child that gives them hope again" story, Leia is adorable so I can't hate her. Plus... I don't think it messes with canon too much. I mean, in ANH, it's Obi-Wan she's trying to reach, and in her message, the last line is said in a far less formal tone than the rest. Unless there's another reason it doesn't work that I missed. Well, bar all the Reva stuff anyway.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 29th, 2022 04:16 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Before talking about plot holes we should see how the series ends tbh. Btw, little trivia, in case you didn’t know, Jedi Master Minas Velti, the one we saw in the order 66 sequence, was played by Ming Na Wen’s stunt double and trainer

Old Post May 29th, 2022 06:51 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Guys, without spoilers - are the first episodes good?

Yes or no?

Old Post May 29th, 2022 10:11 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

No.

Old Post May 29th, 2022 10:34 AM