KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The trivia game

The trivia game
Started by: JediHDM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

bingo
ur q

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 10:31 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

Regan died today...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 12:36 AM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

I heard. So sad. He was a good president.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 01:26 AM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BioLogos

I'm curious.... Does anyone here besides me REMEMBER when Reagan was president????

Here's the trivia question: what, if anything, is the "deeper" meaning behind Smith's name?? (I realize that this is old hat to some people, but I think it is cool...)

Last edited by BioLogos on Jun 6th, 2004 at 03:46 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 03:33 PM
BioLogos is currently offline Click here to Send BioLogos a Private Message Find more posts by BioLogos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BioLogos

I take the thunderous silence to mean that everyone finds this to be obvious?
If not, directions to the answer are found on a license plate...

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 02:46 AM
BioLogos is currently offline Click here to Send BioLogos a Private Message Find more posts by BioLogos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

i was born in 1984, so no, i don't remember reagan the president, but i know he was a pretty good actor. i know because i have seen his movies, or some of them.

i assume you are refering to IS5416 which in turn refers to Isaiah 54:16 which says Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

and i didn't answer before cause i thought you were refering to cypher again (i dunno...so sue me)

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 08:05 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BioLogos

I love the line "I have created a waster to destroy..."

When I found this out (in this very forum), it almost popped my mind. I had thought that all of the agents had been given generic names (smith, jones, brown) because they were programs without individuality.

By the way, there are lots of different translations of this passage, and some differ in ways that may be significant.

For example, the Oxford Study Edition of the New English Bible reads:
"It was I who created the smith
to fan the coals in the furnace
and forge weapons each for its
purpose,
and I who created the destroyer to
lay waste"

This is interesting because it says that the "smith" makes "weapons" "each for its purpose" (purpose obviously being important in the movies), and implies that the "destroyer" is not the same as the "smith".

Do we know that the translation you quote in your post is the one The Bros were referring to?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 01:09 AM
BioLogos

Jedi -- of course, it is now your turn!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 01:36 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

no, i just found the first version off of Google and pasted it on here. stick out tongue

ok, my turn huh...name the room that is the 'end' of doubting Thomas and the 'beginning' of Neo.

i'm almost giving this one away here guys...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 08:26 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

room 303, is it?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 10:19 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

yes, your turn...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 09:43 PM
super pr*xy

what was the title of the movie cain and abel were watching when persephone walked in on them?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 11:52 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shape Shifter
Roland's Shifter

Bride of Frankenstein

http://www.fanfiction.net/~rolandsshifter

Old Post Jun 18th, 2004 10:52 AM
Shape Shifter is currently offline Click here to Send Shape Shifter a Private Message Find more posts by Shape Shifter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shape Shifter
Roland's Shifter

oops embarrasment mean the brides of dracula...although it could have been bride of jedi, that would have been even scarier confused

Old Post Jun 18th, 2004 10:55 AM
Shape Shifter is currently offline Click here to Send Shape Shifter a Private Message Find more posts by Shape Shifter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

laughing next q please...

Old Post Jun 18th, 2004 04:53 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

*walking into room in zombie fashion, moaning* ugh...bring bride for jedi...ugh...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 10:08 AM
Shape Shifter
Roland's Shifter

Sorry been away for a long time etc etc now i gotta go thinkl up a qs sad

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 09:37 PM
Shape Shifter
Roland's Shifter

What was the release date for the matrix comics?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 09:39 PM
Shape Shifter
Roland's Shifter

aww...come on, its not that hard. it was a qs i picked up on the run cos i wouldnt be around for a week and i wanted one that u could answer easily. and no one does, not even jedi! and u should know jedi i thought u were the matrix encyclopediasad

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 06:32 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

uh, sorry, haven't been on in a month, wasn't even sure this thread existed anymore...glad to see it didn't die...oh, yeah, it did.

anywho, i'm not sure exactly what you are asking. are you asking what is the date that the first matrix comic was released on the matrix website? or what was the release date for the actual paper comic in stores?

the paper comics were sold in stores in late october, 2003, however, i do not know the date of the first comic.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 06:42 AM