KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Original Darth Vader Line "Luke, I Am Your Father!"

Original Darth Vader Line "Luke, I Am Your Father!"
Started by: moonwalker741

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

Original Darth Vader Line "Luke, I Am Your Father!"

dows anybody know this..?

the famous "Luke, I Am Your Father!" line that Darth Vader says was not the original line

Since David Prowse <sp? got jipped and he found out he was not the vader voice, when he or who ever it was in the suit, said that famous line, originaly, the person in suite said from in the script was "Luke, Obiwan killed your father!" and thats why luke is crying like a little b!tch, so when james earl jones voiced over the darth vader lines, gl told james earl jones to change the line to "Luke, I am your father!"....

sources...my brother told me, ill find out where he heard this....

Last edited by moonwalker741 on Jul 30th, 2004 at 02:21 AM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 02:18 AM
Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vader Raider

Yes in an interview with Mark Hamill he has stated this in fact I just re-read the interview a few days ago when he talked about the same thing..

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 03:21 AM
Click here to Send Vader Raider a Private Message Find more posts by Vader Raider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

Do you know thats not even the line he says......
its "No. I am your father." lol

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 03:31 AM
Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

oo sorry lol big grin

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 04:35 AM
Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

I thought Prowse was told to say that line because he was a motor mouth and would have babbled to the press about the twist, only Lucas, Hamill and Jones actually knew the twist, hence, why no-one saw it coming.

So it wasn't the original line, it was a fake, a cover-up.

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 04:47 AM
Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
falcon

Iīm quoting an article from Empire magazine June 2002

....to keep it secret Hamill was told only the night before filming;renowned leaker Dave Prowse,in the Vader suit,couldnīt be trusted at all,and was deliberately sidetracked by a bogus alternative in which Vader tells Luke, "Obi wan Kenobi is your father."Filming the real scene,Prowse knew nothing,and at the crucial moment Hamill imagined
the line.It came as much of a schock to Prowse when he saw it as it did everyone else"

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 10:28 AM
Click here to Send falcon a Private Message Find more posts by falcon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

So they "jiped" Prowse because he was a blabber mouth?
Nice!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 12:59 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes indeed. GL kept this stuff very secret and Prowse was not in on it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 01:08 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

That's hilarious......feel bad for him though.... geek

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 01:12 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

It makes sense though, Vader saying Obi-wan killed your father, and the reaction that Luke makes...it does fit well, but I do like how it was finalized better..."No, I am your father."

Lol, Lucas was a bit sneaky there indeed...but it worked I guess.

I like George.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 04:05 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DrewWhatsUp

WRONG!

Its true he did originally say "Obi Wan killed your father" but thats only because Lucas wanted to keep the secret that darth vader was lukes father. It was just lucas's clever way from keeping the big secret from getting out.

Deal with it. Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 02:57 AM
Click here to Send DrewWhatsUp a Private Message Find more posts by DrewWhatsUp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

I think that's been established, no? But good repeat post. Never get enough of them.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 05:11 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

NO!!! the original line was "obiwan killed your father!!!"
GL only used the line to keep the plot twist a secret!!!

(just f'n with you guys) laughing laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 05:53 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

laughing

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 06:14 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

ok, prowse said "no obiwan killed your father"
jones voiced over "no, i am your father"

only lucas, hammil and kershner<sp? (empire director) knew

point settled

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 03:45 AM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

NO MOONWALKER YOU ARE WRONG!!!!

its was PROWSE who said "no, obiwan killed your father,
and JONES who said"no, i am your father.

nobody knew except for hammil, lucas and kershner!!!

laughing laughing repeat posts rule!!! laughing laughing

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 01:08 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Shall I repeat it one more time then? evil face

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 01:54 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
waynerobsonuk
Death Star Programmer

what aboiut teh rumour that the line was 'No Obi wan is your father...?' Just a rumour or does this have a basis in fact?

Wayne...

www.DashDotSlash.net

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 05:51 PM
Click here to Send waynerobsonuk a Private Message Find more posts by waynerobsonuk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

thats just rumor

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 07:16 PM
jbdubz1978

If the line was originally 'Obi Wan killed your father' and Lucas wanted to keep it a big secret up to the point of the films release (actually he, J.E. Jones and the sound guy were the only ones that new of the twist) can someone explain the contradiction to that theory that is created when Luke is saved by Leia in the Falcon? While laying down in the Falcon, Luke is arisen by Vader's "Luke.." and then clearly, visually says "...father", and Vader, "....son". Unless that piece was filmed in complete secrecy with only Lucas behind the camera filming Hamill, and J.E Jones on the mic, any other possible scenario is invalid. And what about the editing team? Wouldn't they know of the twist as well?

I have searched and searched for evidence of this contradiction and am unable to locate anything addressing it, indicating it is quite possibly just juice used to generate unnecessary hype around what is already one of the most amazing and dramatic scenes in cinematic history.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2013 12:09 AM
Click here to Send jbdubz1978 a Private Message Find more posts by jbdubz1978 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote