KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Lightsaber Colors

Lightsaber Colors
Started by: Revan X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silver_Blaze

Silver would be cool but proberily be impossible so the handle could be silver and the saber beam could be eer a Teal color or a golden one but that proberily would just be a yellow confused

I LOVE YOU STYX Chick

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 01:48 AM
Click here to Send Silver_Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Silver_Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gannon
Mild Mannered

red white and blue

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 03:10 PM
Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

Purple is my all time favorite lightsaber color. When I first saw mace Windu wield I thought it was the $hit. Green is my second favorite color.

Last edited by Stealth Agent on Oct 24th, 2004 at 05:00 PM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 04:57 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

How about Dark Purple?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 07:37 PM
Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Blue - original and best.

I wish ALL the Jedi had blue sabers, it would have made Lukes green saber more of a "next gen Jedi kinda thing" which is what it seemd like when ROTJ first came out.

But the Episode 1 came out and it was half green half blue for the Jedi. I always imagined the old school Jedi to have blue sabers, because they were good, and the baddies had red. I liked that simplicity.

When Luke was the only one with a green saber it made him look like "one of a kind" which is what I prefer.

Not blue, green and *vomit* purple. Oh well, that's another stupid little insignificant detail that I hate about the prequels. I have much more fun imagining the PT from what the OT told us, than actually watching the PT.

They may be small and insignificant things, but to me they are like paper cuts. All my complaints about the PT are small insignificant paper cuts, but seeing as I have loads of them, it's like japanese torture.

Last edited by Red Superfly on Oct 24th, 2004 at 10:50 PM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 10:45 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

No offence, but I disagree. I was hoping that the prequels would introduce lots of new colours. Different colours would help show each characters individuality more. Plus, some characters look better with one blade colour than another.

I really dislike the whole blue=good and red=evil colour coding. Does Lucas think that if a Dark Sider has a blue blade then no-one will know he's evil? We're not stupid, we can tell if he's good or evil.

Again, no offence.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 06:52 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

None taken, its a preference sort of thing.

I just preferred the simplicity. I thought the scene with the Jedi in the colusseum on Geonosis would have been way cooler if every single one of them sparked up a blue blade.

Also, the blue colour looks pure. The red looks fiery and evil. Green doesn't look good or evil, which is why I thought it would have been better if only luke managed to make a green saber.

I also agree with you actually. If we weren't going to see all blue for the Jedi, we should have had more than just blue and green. We should have seen (more) purples, and even yellows.

I would have been really happy if all the Jedi had a wide spectrum of sabers, which would have, like you said, made them look more individual,

OR

I would have been over the moon if all the Jedi had blue lightsabers, which would in a way, reflect their "uniform" character. It would just tie in with the whole "Jedi holding him down" thing with Anakin. The fact that all Jedi were very formulaic to their appraoch would be seen in the all-one-colour lightsabers. A New Hope made it very clear that both Anakin and Obi-Wan both had blue lightsabers. Ever since watching that film I have always pictured "the Jedi" to be a mass of warriors all with similar colours.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 07:24 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

You make some good points, especially about Anakin. To be totally honest, I agree that visually the red blades are better suited to the Dark Siders (they do have that fiery, 'demonic' look). I just think it would be good to have some variety now and then.

Then again, in the Clone Wars cartoon, General Grievous uses blue and green lightsabres. Guess I got my wish.

A funny thing about the Colusseum battle; the reason Samuel L. Jackson wanted a purple lightsabre was so that he could find himself on-screen more easily.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 09:40 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bobo W

Purple, like Mace`s lightsaber

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 07:17 PM
Click here to Send Bobo W a Private Message Find more posts by Bobo W Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

i just bought his replica the force Fx its just like the movie.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 05:12 AM
Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

I like the way the colors are now no more colors and no less its all good for me. Also when the double side Darth Maul lightsaber was introduced I shit myself i thought it was so cool

Old Post Oct 31st, 2004 03:40 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

it could of been better if his hilt was a different designed.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2004 05:07 PM
mtryder

a white one would be absolutely amazing.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 01:48 AM
Click here to Send mtryder a Private Message Find more posts by mtryder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DevilDoll

Everyone forgets the coolest color.. ORANGE!!! and someone wrote before that they wanted 2 colors on the double hilted sword.. But that really works in Jedi Academy.. You will have to cheat every time to get it but still, it works. helpusobi 1 : cheats enabled. setcolor 1 red setcolor 2 orange, Or however you want the colors... And i got the orange color from the games i haven't seen it in movies or books. But maybe i have but not seen it.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 10:47 AM
Click here to Send DevilDoll a Private Message Find more posts by DevilDoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Man, a double bladed with two colours looks rubbish.

It just looks like someones glued two different sabers together.

In video games I always have my characters have a SPECIFIC one colour.

If someone is wielding two blades, then they MUST be of the same colour - otherwise it just looks like they've picked up someone elses saber, rather than it looking like its truly their own.

It's a visual psychology thing. I also hate characters who have the wrong colour palette. Like a guy dressed all in yellow goes and picks up a green and a blue saber - so many people do this and it looks absolutely hideous.

In games like Jedi Knight, I always use a blue saber, single. It's still the most bad-ass.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 05:23 PM
Gollum1956
Jedi Master

Purple lightsabre as it has the rare violet crystal inside it =) only very trained Jedi Guardiens of the force can weild them

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 07:16 PM
Click here to Send Gollum1956 a Private Message Find more posts by Gollum1956 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

I've always wanted white. It's not my favorite color, but nothing screams jedi like a white blade battling evil.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 08:15 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jenna Carter

Pirates of the Caribbean

quote:
Originally posted by VengeanceGOD
Orange and Purple

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 10:38 AM
Click here to Send Jenna Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Jenna Carter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scurran

purple rocks and so does gold

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 01:59 PM
Click here to Send scurran a Private Message Find more posts by scurran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

loved the fact that when searching for lightsaber the first thing that comes up is this

(please log in to view the image)

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 04:54 PM
Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote