KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Reasons Behind The Kidnapping Of The Chancellor

Reasons Behind The Kidnapping Of The Chancellor
Started by: Stunrun

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

Personally, i dont think Palps cares who wins out of Ani and Dooku, and heres why...real simple.

Whoever wins is obviously better, hence Palps is better off WITH them. I think he'd like Ani to win simply because of his youth, but if Dooku were to win, i think he'd be happy just the same. Just how he wanted Luke to take Vaders place, but everytime Vader did a good move, he would laugh, knowing that if Vader won...he wouldnt really lose anything, Luke is just younger.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 04:26 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goberlick

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Personally, i dont think Palps cares who wins out of Ani and Dooku, and heres why...real simple.

Whoever wins is obviously better, hence Palps is better off WITH them. I think he'd like Ani to win simply because of his youth, but if Dooku were to win, i think he'd be happy just the same. Just how he wanted Luke to take Vaders place, but everytime Vader did a good move, he would laugh, knowing that if Vader won...he wouldnt really lose anything, Luke is just younger.

Very well put...

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 11:25 AM
Click here to Send goberlick a Private Message Find more posts by goberlick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yup, I agree.

And of course Dooku knows Sidious is Palpatine.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 11:47 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batman316
The True Batman

And of course Dooku knows Sidious is Palpatine.

or not wink

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 12:15 PM
Click here to Send Batman316 a Private Message Find more posts by Batman316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I think its good how in episode 1 and 2, the rebellion is seen as the bad guys, and both palpatine and dooku make sure that systems which turn against the republic are seen as bad guys and subsequently defeated. Then all of a sudden in episode 3-4, the rebels are seen as the good guys, but the members of the old republic remember the clone wars and the crimes committed by the early rebellion, and therefore they are against the rebels when it comes to episode 3 and 4

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 02:43 PM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

it's clever how palpatine knew that declaring himself the emperor would cause a popular rebellion, so he orchestrated the rebellions against the republic in episodes 1 and 2 to make sure that the popular opinion of the people of the repubic would be that the rebels are the bad guys. Then palpy becomes emperor and he has loads of support to fight against the rebels. And he gets a massive army to support him as well.
He's one clever guy

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 02:50 PM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Milosz006

Has the unusual way Obi-Wan kills Grievous been proven?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 08:24 AM
Click here to Send Milosz006 a Private Message Find more posts by Milosz006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

ok ok, the reason he wants to get kidnappedis that he cant stand to be around jar jar anymore. He feels that if he has to put up with him any longer, he would go ape shit and kill everyone ahead of schedual.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 04:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

btw...j/k

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 04:31 PM
cylob49
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think the whole dookoo-sideous,clonetroopers ......wait stop me if you heard this one before but is the reason the clonetrooper says were out of missiles to obi and ani upon being ordered to destroy dookoo a lie?
are they programmed not to kill dookoo
i think the whole dookoo in with sideous and all the stuff in episode 2 regarding their ties is a mess!

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2004 12:08 PM
Click here to Send cylob49 a Private Message Find more posts by cylob49 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dickman136

has anyone ever thought that dooku was using the kidnapping as a way to get rid of his master and take the helm of the sith master? I mean isnt it sith nature to want to take out thier masters. hell, even vader wanted palps in ep. 5 when he tried talking his son into joining him in taking out the old man.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2004 04:25 AM
Click here to Send dickman136 a Private Message Find more posts by dickman136 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

heck I didn't even know the chancellor was kidnapped....fancy that. I guess I'll wait and see and hope EP III is good.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2004 05:30 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote:
Originally posted by dickman136
has anyone ever thought that dooku was using the kidnapping as a way to get rid of his master and take the helm of the sith master? I mean isnt it sith nature to want to take out thier masters. hell, even vader wanted palps in ep. 5 when he tried talking his son into joining him in taking out the old man.

well they wouldnt be much of a sith if they were always loyal and were not hungry for more power, or if they were unwilling to use deciet to get to the top.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2004 10:16 AM
Ianotimelord

Remember when Ani chops off Dookus hands and Palpatne says kill him, do it! I thought the look on Dookus face was not the fact he was about to die, but the fact Palpatine betrayed him. I do beleive Dooku new who Palpatine was. And remember like the Jedi the Sith can see into the future. Remmber what Sidious told Grievous, "Soon I will have a new apprentice, one far younger and more poweful. So the kidnapping was to a) get rid of Dooku and b) lure Ani that bit more to the Dark side.
I think.

Attachment: sidious.jpg
This has been downloaded 15 time(s).

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 08:23 PM
Click here to Send Ianotimelord a Private Message Find more posts by Ianotimelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yes. Well, that is it. Clear as rain.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2014 07:01 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I just watched ROTS for the 464th consecutive day and never noticed this.

Some of the user names in this thread......memories. smile

I like George.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2014 08:52 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yup…

Can't believe you watch it that often…

Old Post Mar 16th, 2014 11:55 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote