KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » C-3PO-How does he fit into the plot?

C-3PO-How does he fit into the plot?
Started by: DarthBorgie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthBorgie

C-3PO-How does he fit into the plot?

We all know that C-3PO makes a brief but insignificant(in my mind) cameo in TPM, but when will he become important? If Anakin travels back to Tatoonie, will he take 3PO with him? And how long do R2 and 3P0 have to interact with each other to become "Friends"? 3PO is in EPII, so whats his role?

btw, didn't Lucas say the whole STAR WARS saga was in the droids pt. of view?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2001 04:30 AM
Click here to Send DarthBorgie a Private Message Find more posts by DarthBorgie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

I don't think that his appearance is insignificant. I think its one of the most informative parts of the film if you ask me. It explains where the ingenius droid came from, and who his "maker" is. I don't understand or know where you got that remark about Lucas making the statement about it being through the eyes of the droids. I thought it was through Anakin's vision. Anyhow, about the droids (Artoo and Threepio) being Friends, I don't know if they were ever friends. Sure they looked after one another, but its apparent to me that everytime 3PO says "This is is all your fault" its not a sign of friendship. In Episode II I think that Anakin will come back to Tatooine and then (If Shmi hasn't finished him first), will take 3PO and his mom off the planet, after meeting up with Watto and possibly sabotaging/betting/black-mailing, etc. into getting her freed. I don't know why he would take 3PO and not his mother, he seemed awfully destined to rescue her again. I think 3PO will have a more signifact role in Ep. II of course as more of a "tour guide", "tutor", etc.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2001 05:01 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boshuda

I read that too, Darth Borg..that the saga was seen through the 'eyes'(photo receptors?) of the droids. That is the reason the scenes showing Luke on Tatooine with the vaporators and his friends were cut..because it interupted the flow of the narrative.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2001 02:05 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coreworld

It is Episode IV:A New Hope, that is seen from the droids perspective, the way the saga is designed, each episode is told, to paraphrase Obi-Wan, 'from a certain point of view'. As TPM was told from the nine year old Anakin's point of view. I believe that Episode II is Obi-Wan's turn.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2001 03:35 AM
Click here to Send Coreworld a Private Message Find more posts by Coreworld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Gehenna

Wait, Anakin wasn't in TPM until like half way through. I think it could be considered more of Qui-Gon's perspective, or maybe more of a general perspective.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2001 04:33 AM
Click here to Send Darth Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Indeed.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 11:04 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Messy it has become.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 07:31 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote