KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » MAce Windu vs. Kyp Durron

Mace vs. Kyp
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Kyp Durron 8 28.57%
Mace Windu 20 71.43%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MAce Windu vs. Kyp Durron
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

MAce Windu vs. Kyp Durron

Yep, that's right, another "SnakeEyes Duel Thread"

I was trying to think of a good match between 2 sub-characters, both good this time, and for some reason this one came to mind.

Kyp Durron is from the EU and is in the NJO series as well as some before it. He is young (in his twenties maybe) and very powerful. Became a Jedi MASTER at a very young age, and has power that rivals Luke.

Mace on the other hand is one bad mutha... I have read comics, books and seen some Clone Wars episodes and he seems only second to Yoda (out of the Jedi of his time). He killed Jango without that much of a fight... but could he do the same to Durron!

Vote and Discuss wink

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 02:50 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Kadub

This is not a serious discussion is it........

Mace Windu hands down.....

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 07:00 AM
Click here to Send Master Kadub a Private Message Find more posts by Master Kadub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

quote:
Originally posted by Master Kadub
This is not a serious discussion is it........

Mace Windu hands down.....

Why would u say that?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 06:36 PM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Mace definately. He became a member of the Council when he was in his teens after all. He's got more experience, he's very powerful (watch Clone Wars for example). Plus, in lightsabre combat, his Form 7 style will slice Kyp into pieces.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2005 08:42 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

On the Star Wars website, under the character databank it claims Windu invented his style of lightsabre combat. More imporantly he did it at the age of 12.
F*CK Kyp Durron, Windu's purple lightsabre would destroy him.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 08:06 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Do any of u guys actually no who Kyp is? He somewhat reminds me of an Episode Three Anakin, except a little less angry and just as agressive. He is very powerful and became a Jedi Master really young. He rivals Luke and, on many occassions, argues with him like Obi-wan and Anakin.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 03:01 AM
chilled monkey

Yes I do know who Kyp is. I still say he's no match for Mace.

Kyp has power, but little experience. Mace has the power and the experience.

Secondly, Mace is a much better swordsman. If it came down to lightsabres, Kyp'll get sliced & diced.

Thirdly, I don't think Kyp was THAT powerful. He just seemed that way because Exar Kun was helping him out.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 12:01 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Okay point taken...

SOOOOO, who would be a good match for Mace then? (from any time period EU or from the movies)

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 11:01 PM
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

hm... tsavong lah would be an interesting duel. perhaps the sarlac smile

a public service anouncement (put in your Sig)

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Delfedd a Private Message Find more posts by Delfedd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

General Grievous vs Mace Windu would be a great fight.

Possibly Darth Maul. He'd lose, but he'd put up a good fight.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 08:41 PM
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

Um... that would be cool, Maul Vs. Mace. *goes off and makes a video game*

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 10:11 PM
Click here to Send Delfedd a Private Message Find more posts by Delfedd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Exar Kun would also be a good match. He was the first Sith to use a double-bladed lightsabre.

For a Jedi vs Jedi battle, maybe Vodo-Siosk Bas?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 08:56 PM
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

twould be weird

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 10:01 PM
maifoshis

you all forget that kyp durron is much more powerful in the force than master skywalker

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 01:47 PM
Click here to Send maifoshis a Private Message Find more posts by maifoshis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

i didn't, but they did not listen to me so i humbly gave up

Old Post Jan 21st, 2005 04:10 AM
JediJim
Friend of the Force

Kyp Durron is powerful. I agree with you there. But, much like an episode 3 Anakin, being powerful and strong in the force does not necessarily equate to being a good duelist. And, again like Anakin, Kyp's power is raw and lacks experience. I would have to say Mace Windu, hands down! IMHO anyway.

smile

"Only now, at the end, do you understand!"
Emperor Palpatine / Return of the Jedi

Old Post Jan 21st, 2005 11:04 AM
Click here to Send JediJim a Private Message Find more posts by JediJim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Don't get me wrong. I don't think Kyp would be a pushover. He'd put up a fight for sure, but Mace Windu is very powerful too. He's Yoda's right-hand man, after all. And he's much more experienced.

Let's say you have a very strong person who has little training, and someone who is let's say three-quarters as strong and is incredibly well-trained. Who wins?

Plus, Mace is a much better swordsman, one of the best the Jedi have ever had.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2005 07:18 PM
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

This fight won't be too bad. Kyp would probably put up a good fight, but because of the reasons mentioned earlier, Mace would come out on top.

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Old Post Feb 6th, 2005 07:42 PM
Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mace Skywalker

quote:
Originally posted by maifoshis
you all forget that kyp durron is much more powerful in the force than master skywalker

In few aspects, not all.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 02:34 PM
Click here to Send Mace Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Mace Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Mace wins this one. Experience and skill win the day when raw potential makes its play.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote