KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Who is Darth Plagueis, Really?

Who is Darth Plagueis, Really?
Started by: Padawan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Padawan
Sith Rule The Galaxy!

Question Who is Darth Plagueis, Really?

Forgive me if there is a thread somewhere about this in the past. Does anyone really know who Plagueis is, where he was from and any other details regarding him, other than the slight mention of him by Palps in ROTS?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 04:45 PM
Click here to Send Padawan a Private Message Find more posts by Padawan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth243

i dont think his origins are known by anyone so far.He is mentioned in a few novels. Many ppl speculate he had a hand in creating anakin since he had no father, but i dont think thats true at all.Another theory is that Darth Plagueis the Wise created Palpatine as a "perfect" apprentice. But who knows

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 05:16 PM
Click here to Send Darth243 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth243 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Padawan
Sith Rule The Galaxy!

Well, I'd say one thing for sure, he didn't create Anakin. laughing out loud Of course that is my opinion. big grin

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 05:26 PM
Click here to Send Padawan a Private Message Find more posts by Padawan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth243

I agree, i'm with the "he created palpatine" theory, it makes better sense to me.GL even said anakin was created by the pure force, so that leaves only Sidious

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 05:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth243 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth243 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Padawan
Sith Rule The Galaxy!

Yea, that would be ok about Palps, I guess. What does the official site say about Palps' race? I can't get over there just now.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 05:32 PM
Darth243

palps is a human as far as im concnerned.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 05:36 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

he is a dark lord of the sith, the master before palpatine. then palpatine killed him and became the master, the rest is SW history.

he did not create palpatine, thats just dumb. he says "he could stop people from dying" not create people from nothing.

i dont think Plaugies is that amazing, more of a sith alchemist or scholar rather then a powerful sith like palpatine.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 06:09 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_God
LOOK AT SIG.

Plagueis is also known as "The Wise". He can create life or stop death the force.

DID NOT POST KITTY THREAD...

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 06:57 PM
Click here to Send The_God a Private Message Find more posts by The_God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Palpatine could also have just been lying.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 06:58 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Palpatine claimed that Plagueis could stop death and taught his apprentice everything he knew...but Palpatine does not stop death in the movies, just in EU, and it's just his own death...but no one cares about that. stick out tongue

Darth Plagueis was the Dark Lord of the Sith before Palpatine, or so we all assume from the look of pure malicious glee on Palpy's face when he mentions that Plagueis' apprentice killed him. That's all we know of him.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 07:55 PM
Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Padawan
Sith Rule The Galaxy!

Yep, I just checked, although I really knew this before, only that I wanted documentation.

According to Databank, these are his stats:

Homeworld:
Naboo

Species:
Human

Height:
1.73 meters

Weapon:
Dark side lightning

Vehicle:
Imperial shuttle

Affiliation:
Galactic Senate, Galactic Republic, Empire, Sith

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth243
palps is a human as far as im concnerned.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 08:46 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Hasn't really changed since Episode I's release... stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 09:04 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Padawan
Sith Rule The Galaxy!

Yes, I knew he is *supposed* to be a dark lord of the Sith, however, Palps is the only person who has mentioned him so it's possible that Palps made him up in the first place. Possible..... not likely but possible.

It was Palps who said Plaugies could stop people from dying, however. And I don't believe Papls at all because he later tells Anakan "together, perhaps we will find the way." meaning the way to stop someone from dying or stop death.

He LIED to get Anakin too join him.

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
he is a dark lord of the sith, the master before palpatine. then palpatine killed him and became the master, the rest is SW history.

he did not create palpatine, thats just dumb. he says "he could stop people from dying" not create people from nothing.

i dont think Plaugies is that amazing, more of a sith alchemist or scholar rather then a powerful sith like palpatine.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 09:14 PM
Padawan
Sith Rule The Galaxy!

Since when was Plaugies in Episode I? rolling on floor laughing stick out tongue

Originally posted by Captain REX
Hasn't really changed since Episode I's release... stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 09:17 PM
Brit
Duchess

Plagueis isn't in the Star Wars databank. confused

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 09:28 PM
Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I meant what you dug up on Palps... stick out tongue

Plagueis, I'm sure, was a Dark Lord of the Sith; that look on Palps's face of pure glee upon mentioning his apprentice murdering him implies to me that he was Palpatine's master.

However, the whole 'taught his apprentice everything' bit...I don't believe that. Plagueis might have known how to do it, but Palpatine thought he probably learned everything there was to know, or he was not taught anything.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 10:21 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Padawan
Sith Rule The Galaxy!

He wasn't in there! stick out tongue

Originally posted by bobcrickett
Plagueis isn't in the Star Wars databank. confused

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 12:49 AM
Padawan
Sith Rule The Galaxy!

stick out tongue OK, having said that, I know the look on Palps face gave him away if you ask me. He was so proud of what he'd done to Plagueis, IF in fact he really did it. Maybe he just fantasized about it? laughing out loud OK, that's going too far.

We'll never know if the ability to keep someone from dying actually existed because Palps lied about the whole thing in the first place.

Originally posted by Captain REX
I meant what you dug up on Palps... stick out tongue

Plagueis, I'm sure, was a Dark Lord of the Sith; that look on Palps's face of pure glee upon mentioning his apprentice murdering him implies to me that he was Palpatine's master.

However, the whole 'taught his apprentice everything' bit...I don't believe that. Plagueis might have known how to do it, but Palpatine thought he probably learned everything there was to know, or he was not taught anything.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 02:10 AM
Brit
Duchess

I think it'd be silly to lie about it. I'm sure he was telling a truthful tale, just not for good purposes...

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 02:54 AM
MedullaPancreas
Grandmaster Thread Killer

Dath Plagueis is a guy who would get his ass kicked by Mace Windu.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 05:53 AM
Click here to Send MedullaPancreas a Private Message Find more posts by MedullaPancreas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote