KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » escaping vader's grips

escaping vader's grips
Started by: Darth Hater

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Hater
Restricted

Account Restricted

escaping vader's grips

we all know that when anakin turns and becomes vader,he kills off all the remaining jedi except for yoda and obie wan

why is that?

why do you think that they were the only two to get away

everybody thinks the jedi are extinct and that vader is the only one left in ANH

does vader spare their lives?

does vader think they're dead??

do they flee and vader just gives up??

if i can remember correctly,vader says somethin like the last time he got "that" feeling was in the presence of his master. so does that mean the last time they saw each other was when they fought?

in ANH vader says ,"i've been waiting for you,obie-wan.we meet again at last"

does that mean that vader never got the chance to kill off obie until ANH?

if so,then why did he stop looking for him??

and what about yoda?

any thoughts??

you and us all my man

Old Post Sep 19th, 2003 03:08 PM
Click here to Send Darth Hater a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Hater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

They escaped and he could not find them. Simple as that. And the Empire forgot about them.

"Obi-Wan? Surely he must be dead by now." Whether they found them or not, the Empire (who did the killing- Vader only helped) considered the Jedi extinct.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 19th, 2003 at 09:50 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2003 04:25 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Hater
Restricted

Account Restricted

ahhh,thanks for the answers ush

you and us all my man

Old Post Sep 19th, 2003 04:41 PM
Click here to Send Darth Hater a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Hater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

But I don't think Vader ever believed Obi-Wan truly dead- he certainly did not seem THAT surprised.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 20th, 2003 at 01:26 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2003 09:50 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

Yeah, he was waiting for him, to kill him. Plus I was reading one of the EU novels and it said something about Dagobah being able to hide Yoda or something like that anyway. Something to do with Dagobah and the force.

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2003 11:52 PM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

The Dark-Side cave.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2003 11:53 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

That's probably it. So do you think Yoda was hidden??

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 12:07 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Yes

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 12:11 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

jedi have the ability to go unnoticed among crowds of people. obi wan used that ability to make himself undetectable on tattoine. yoda chose dagobah because it was rich with life, making any efort vader made to find him futile.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 05:10 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

Thanx Lance, RJ thumb up
Referring to what you said RJ, is that why Dooku didn't "sense" Obi-Wan while he was on Genosis?? I mean he walked straight past him. I thought Jedi could sense each other??

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 05:19 AM
LanceWindu

According to EU, you can pull the force in and not get detected.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 06:32 AM
finti

Or just that Yoda picked a remote uncivilised planet that nobody would give a second thought

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 06:53 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

And the EU version of the cave says it hid Yoda's presensce because of so much Dark Side power.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 06:54 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I have never thought it unreasonable that a Jedi can clam his mind to make it harder to sense.

But more to the point, Dooku wasn't trying to sense anything- I think that counts for a lot. I do not think it is ALWAYS on, even though Jedi can be very instinctual.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 11:57 AM
Hypernova

Question

I wonder what pressing matters Vader had to deal with, that despite the "ultimate fight scenes" we have envisioned between master and his apprentice, would let him go... Did he finally learn patience? stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 01:11 PM
Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

I guess so. In Ep2, Anakin's EXTREMELY impatient laughing

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 03:26 AM
LanceWindu

I have a feeling he knew the time would come for him to have a final face off with Obi Wan

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:43 AM
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

Yeah, he was waiting for him...

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 01:26 AM
REXXXX
Networking

About Yoda being on Dagobah...

1. He killed a Dark Jedi on Dagobah once, and the power of the Dark-Side can cloud many things. Yoda took advantage of it.

2. Dagobah was too remote for anyone to care about it. In EU, only a few expedition crews were sent there. The first was killed off by the creatures that lived there, and the second got to live with the memory of meeting the elusive Yoda.

3. Lots of life forms, meaning more things to sift through.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 01:48 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That first point is EU of course.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 01:58 AM