KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » sidious with no force vs general grevious.

sidious with no force vs general grevious.
Started by: Darth Avis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

sidious with no force vs general grevious.

sidious cant use lightning, choke, or any offensive powers other then push and pull. GG has 6 blades. sids has 1.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 12:08 AM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

Sidious. He was FAR superior to Obi-Wan and he was able to fight Grievous and take out two of four sabers without using the Force. Sidious takes this.

*In a Cassidy freestyle voice*

EASY!!!!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 01:04 AM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Sidious without the Force is an old man who gets saber-raped by some metal monstrosity.

Also, if this was Episode III the game duel mode, Grievious would be cheap and own.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 01:58 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

no i mean that sids can't use the force offensivly.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 02:09 AM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Oh.

Hm.

He'd get saber-raped.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 02:23 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

who?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 02:25 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Someone. I really could care less.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 02:27 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Sidious is unable to use his Dark Side powers for offensive purposes, other than the core powers, he would still be able to win this. He is above and beyond Obi-Wan in dueling ability, and Obi-Wan was able to defeat General Grievous in a lightsaber duel, so it's safe to assume that the same thing happens here.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 04:36 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Escape81
If Sidious is unable to use his Dark Side powers for offensive purposes, other than the core powers, he would still be able to win this. He is above and beyond Obi-Wan in dueling ability, and Obi-Wan was able to defeat General Grievous in a lightsaber duel, so it's safe to assume that the same thing happens here.

Agreed.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 04:40 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decay

as much as i love the general, sidious takes it with his superior saber skills. although he might not be as defencive as obi wan is, which may be the only reason obi wan managed to do as well as he did.

with 4 arms grievous couldnt have been trying to do anything but overwhelm obiwan, so he could have left himself open a few times and relied on the need to concentrate on the 3 other sabers moving at crazy speeds. sidious might have awesome saber skills but lack obiwans defencive abilities and patience.

plus when grievous was down to two arms he seemed very confidant in beating obi wan, it wasnt until he lost his sabers from the force push that he took off. girevous might be better with two than he is with four, and only bring the four out for a psychological agvantage. he cant be as focused with 4 as he is with 2 so id give him a fair chance, but sidious is supposedly 500 times faster than any jedi so he wins out in the end.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 08:02 PM
Click here to Send Decay a Private Message Find more posts by Decay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Originally posted by Escape81

I don't agree with the logic, seeing how it is mainly unreliable, but I agree with the end result. Sidious' saber skills alone are enough to beat Greivous. This seems to be pretty well acknowledged.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 09:13 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

thanks.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 12:09 AM
Smoker Stevens
Marihuana Smuggler

where do they fight, on a market square or in a little room??

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 03:08 PM
Click here to Send Smoker Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Smoker Stevens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

in the deathstar.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 04:04 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jollyjim311
I don't agree with the logic, seeing how it is mainly unreliable, but I agree with the end result. Sidious' saber skills alone are enough to beat Greivous. This seems to be pretty well acknowledged.

What logic is there to disagree with? You simply restated exactly what I did.

"Strong enough, to fight Lord Sidious, you are not." - Yoda to Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan annihilated Grievous in a lightsaber duel, where the General's immensely superior reflexes did not help him in the slightest. The only time Obi-Wan was in severe danger is when he went toe-to-toe with Grievous in melee combat. The General possessed strength and speed that was vastly superior to Obi-Wan's, and even then, he still managed to win.

Obi-Wan is inferior to Sidious in both Force powers and in lightsaber dueling ability. If Sidious is unable to use offensive Force powers, such as Force Lightning or choke, what is to stop him from using the same tactics that Obi-Wan did? Such as that brutal Force push he delt Grievous in the hangar? We all know Sidious outclasses Obi-Wan in the Force, so he can still use his core powers as an offense.

In conclusion, even against a Sidious who can't use the Force, General Grievous is still going to lose.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 07:51 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

I personally think that one needs incredible defensive ability to fight General Grievous. (like Obi Wan!!!)
Sidious probably relies on luck and confusing the opponent too much.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 10:22 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by overlord
I personally think that one needs incredible defensive ability to fight General Grievous. (like Obi Wan!!!)
Sidious probably relies on luck and confusing the opponent too much.

Obi-Wan certainly went on the offensive more than Grievous did...

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 10:36 PM
overlord
OD'd

Exactly my point! Maybe Grievous actually contains some extreme offensive skills wich you really need great defensive skill for.
Still.. I don't want to underestimate Sidious, but I still don't have a good impression of his lightsaber prowess mainly because of his defeat of Mace and his victory on Yoda.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 10:57 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

Originally posted by Decay
sidious is supposedly 500 times faster than any jedi so he wins out in the end.

Where did you find this?

Also, I agree Sidious will win this. He can still use the force to jump around and all that other stuff. Plus he can force push, and he lightsaber skills are not bad, some of the best in the PT. He is better than Obi-Wan, and like Obi, he will win

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 10:57 PM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decay

ian mcdairmid said it in one of the web documentries i think it was. its on the ep 3 extras anyway. i dont think hes literally that fast but lucas probably told him that to give him some idea of his skill in relation to the four jedi he was facing in the office.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 08:40 PM
Click here to Send Decay a Private Message Find more posts by Decay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote