KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » I simply can't understand it, can somone explain me why did obi wan...

I simply can't understand it, can somone explain me why did obi wan...
Started by: fjord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

I think it has more to do with Anakin, the Skywalker family, and the Prophecy of the Chosen One. I don't know why, it just makes more sense than the other theories.

But the line that Ush keeps repeating has somethin to do with it, likely.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2002 08:15 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

Maybe Obi-Wan had done many years of meditation on Tattooine and had discovered how to become one with the force or had re-discovered and old Jedi trick of doing so/

Old Post Sep 16th, 2002 10:06 AM
Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Now that this thing appears to have been made a major plot point, I doubt that. And again, if it could just be discovered like that, someone would have done it before.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 16th, 2002 05:23 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

right on, and especially by the Siths who spend loads of time on their own. Being only two that is

Old Post Sep 18th, 2002 09:22 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

didn't think he ever learned roll eyes (sarcastic)

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Sep 18th, 2002 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Lord Djas
Dark Jedi Knight

Keep in mind this is only another theory. Maybe yoda knew it and wanted it to be only used for emergencies, so when the Jedi where all but exterminated he taught this to obi-wan just in case something was to happen to him and he needed to do something else of great importance. And Darth Vader probably figured it out how to do it in Ep V.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2003 05:56 PM
Click here to Send Dark Lord Djas a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Lord Djas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I doubt Vader had any idea until he was Anakin again.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 10th, 2003 08:09 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

The Great Vanishing Trick

A very interesting mystery we seem to have on our hands...I always wondered about Yoda and Obi-Wan vanishing upon their deaths. Yet allegedly the reconverted Anakin did the same,leaving only the Vader armour behind. However, if one checks out an obscure passage in "Champions of the Force"(the final book in the Jedi academy trilogy by Kevin Anderson), Luke Skywalker wondered why his body did not vanish when he thought he was dead,following the betrayal of one of his students at the academy. He thought it meant he was not a true Jedi Master. However,as we all know,he wasn't really dead,it was only a trick by the Sith Lord in the book. So whatever the reason behind the disappearing,Luke did not know how to do it.Which only serves to enhance this liitle mystery of ours... sad

Old Post Mar 10th, 2003 07:03 PM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Not that we can count EU sources.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 10th, 2003 08:50 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Apparently,some do, judging by several of the entries stored in this database.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2003 01:13 PM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Their mistake.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 11th, 2003 01:42 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Let's not nitpick over technicalities. Either way, it is a most fascinating subject,to be sure.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2003 10:53 PM
finti

still is EU and as ush said not countable

Old Post Mar 13th, 2003 10:19 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

As a child growing up on with the original Star Wars(aka A New Hope), I was always fascinated with Obi-Wan's famous disappearing trick seconds before Vader's lightsaber blade cut him in half. I never understood why or how he just vanished like that,unless it was so he could continue to direct Luke in the ways of the Force,and eventually send him to Dagobah,as in ESB.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2003 01:53 PM
Dagoth Sur

You Fools if you watched the third movie(6th one made) it says at the end that quigon-jin figured out a way of revival so maybe obi-wan made contact with yoda and darth sidios showed darth vader how to do this as well explaining all your problems. And they could just bind their spirit through the force Happy Dance

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 09:02 AM
Click here to Send Dagoth Sur a Private Message Find more posts by Dagoth Sur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ravish
i feel the reason that qui gon didnt disappear is simply because he didnt know how to..and in episodes 2 and 3..when the jedi start to be killed off..yoda...obiwan..and a few of the remainin jedi learn to come back cuz they know they will need to...and thats why obi wan knows how and jin doesnt...
i think

How much further could this prophecy have been from the truth! laughing

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 12:35 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

If people even watch ANH anymore, Obi-Wan disappears before Vader connects with him, because his cloak doesn't get cut in half. And about the disappearing trick, I agree that only Jedi ready for death do it, and we don't hear about it in the past because it has no relavence to the storyline. And plus, any Jedi can learn the pathway to immortality and ghost form, I.E. Qui-Gon didn't fade away, but he figured it out, and taught the others. That's just my two cents.

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 05:09 PM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah, nice going in bumping a years old thread there.

(sighs)

Please do try and exhibit sense when posting.

SB- clear and canon from GL himself, the vanishing/ghost trick has NEVER been done before.

"because it has no relavence to the storyline"

Totally wrong- it had GREAT relevance because it is important that Vader didn't know what Obi-Wan could do.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 05:21 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Wow, old argument revived...heh...

Do you think it's possible that, as Qui-Gon did with Yoda, Yoda or Ben or even Qui-Gon came to Vader and taught him how? Or that it was just simply that he was the Chosen One and did not need to learn it?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 08:09 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Well maybe they taught him in the afterlife, and it doesn't seem like it's hard to learn, just to perfect, as Yoda learned it in what? 20 mins of convo? But he had all that time to perfect it.

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 10:13 PM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote