KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Top 10 PT Duelists

Top 10 PT Duelists
Started by: The Creator

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
That's why Anakin defeated Dooku? Things aren't always what they seem.

Anakin was arrogant, and that is why he fell. According to Gillard, he was a Level 9, while Obi-Wan was a Level 8. Granted, I consider them nigh equals, or else Obi-Wan would have been slain. But it was because he knew Anakin so well -- and because his former apprentice was almost comically arrogant -- that the Jedi came out of it on top.

Get rid of almost, and you've got a great post.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 05:40 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Is that system used by Drallig canon? Doesn't it put Anakin higher than Yoda or something?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 06:21 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decay

sidious
yoda
dooku
anakin
mace
obiwan (his tactics and patience even him up with fighters who are superior in direct head to head dueling)
grievous
maul (with more patience and less arrogance hed be alot higher)
cin
kit? (hes the only one besides mace to stood up to sidious for more than about a second)

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 07:03 AM
Click here to Send Decay a Private Message Find more posts by Decay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ssj3gohan007
The Chosen One

What i believe is that Anakin was in control in most of the duel, overpowering Obi-Wan. But if ani did not do that jump in the end. and simply "surrendered" to obi and obi would then try to hug ani then ani quickly ignites his saber in obi's chest. lol then ani would achieve his potential.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 01:21 PM
Click here to Send ssj3gohan007 a Private Message Find more posts by ssj3gohan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Originally posted by Council#13
1)Yoda
2)Mace
3)Obi-Wan
4)ROTS Anakin
5)Qui-Gon Jinn
6)Cin Drallig
7)Shaak Ti
8)Kit Fisto
9)Saesee Tiin
10)Agen Kolar
Note: These last three must have been pretty good otherwise they wouldnt have been taken to fight Sidious and these are all jedi if you didnt notice yet

Qui Gon is 5 but Dooku isn't even on the list? Shaak Ti is on it but Greivous in not? No Sidious? If you put the Sith near the top then get rid of the bottom... 6, and rethink them, it might be good.

P.S. This is pure dueling skill, right? Not who would win. Who can use their lightsaber most effectively in combat, no force powers, this is not a versus.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 02:29 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ssj3gohan007
The Chosen One

Anakin is higher than obi-wan

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 02:38 PM
Click here to Send ssj3gohan007 a Private Message Find more posts by ssj3gohan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Grievous isn't worthy of the list.

And yup, Anakin is better than Ben.

Council's lack of Sith is disturbing.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 06:41 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ssj3gohan007
The Chosen One

yes it is disturbing

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 08:39 PM
Master Fisto
Dark Jedi

Mace
Voolvif Monn
Obi
Yoda
Luke-the movies dont do him justice
ani
Count
Maybe Palps...

No specific order

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 03:20 AM
Click here to Send Master Fisto a Private Message Find more posts by Master Fisto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Fisto
Dark Jedi

kit is supposedly 3rd...only to yoda and mace...the movie displays his slaughter very poorly...it is P.I.S.stick out tonguelot induced stupidity

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 03:22 AM
Click here to Send Master Fisto a Private Message Find more posts by Master Fisto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

1.) Yoda
2.)Sidious
3.)Windu
4.)Obi-Wan
5.)Anakin
6.)Cin Drallig
7.)Vos
8.)Qui-Gon
9.)Maul
10.)And for some reason, Serra Keto.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 04:01 AM
Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by Master Fisto
Mace
Voolvif Monn
Obi
Yoda
Luke-the movies dont do him justice
ani
Count
Maybe Palps...

No specific order

Voolvif Monn? Maybe Palps?

You'd better hope that's not in order...

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 04:04 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

BTW, I don't think Luke was very good with a saber in the PT.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 04:11 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Mkay my list I dont care who would win against each other, Im just putting them in saber skill. Whether or not they are better than someone else doesnt matter, its my list. And I dont care about any canon list either. And the Force isnt taken into account.

1. Dooku
2. Sidious
3. Yoda
4. Anakin
5. Mace
6. Obi Wan
7. Maul
8. Ventress
9. Grievous

I cant think of anyone to put as 9. or 10. but I put Grievous there, 4 sabers only, because he can do a lot of wonderful things with 4. With 1 saber, he would get beaten, which is why he shouldnt be on the list. Other than that, I havent seen enough of anyone to put them on the list.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 04:12 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Anakin over Mace? *shrug*

Ventress makes sense to put on there, actually. She manages to beat Kit Fisto and narrowly loses to (or defeats) Obi-Wan and Anakin (individually).

Grievous...meh, he's astounding for a non-sensitive swordsman. He has upgrades so that his two arms (not in four-arm mode) have the combined strength of four arms, and one arm the strength of two, so power blows would be great there. With the four arms, the number of sabers is overwhelming; that's the point. wink

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 04:20 AM
Hazardous

One had to be over the other. Yeah I put Ventress because she holds against Anakin and Obi Wan, its not like she gets killed off the bat.

And Grievous has to be using 4 sabers or I wouldnt bother putting him on the list. He doesnt really seem like he could take anyone on that list with only 1 saber. Skill wise.

Last edited by Hazardous on Dec 20th, 2005 at 04:39 AM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 04:34 AM
REXXXX
Networking

True. Clone Wars has him with two and he fairs well...he even holds off Jedi with his feet.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 04:35 AM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Captain REX
Anakin over Mace? *shrug*

Ventress makes sense to put on there, actually. She manages to beat Kit Fisto and narrowly loses to (or defeats) Obi-Wan and Anakin (individually).

Grievous...meh, he's astounding for a non-sensitive swordsman. He has upgrades so that his two arms (not in four-arm mode) have the combined strength of four arms, and one arm the strength of two, so power blows would be great there. With the four arms, the number of sabers is overwhelming; that's the point. wink

Why not Anakin over Mace? Although it wasn't a fair fight, Anakin still killed Mace.

And yeah, Ventress was a fairly good Lightsaber Duelist. Basically, Anakin had to give into his Anger to defeat her.

You mean Grievous is astounding for a Non-Jedi Swordsman...

Grievous was Force Sensitive. You can't tell me that him Force Pushing twice in the CW was just some "Error".

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 04:38 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

I was just thinking about the Anakin/Mace order, Mace needs room to be at his best. Anakin doesnt need a lot of room to be able to fight well. When Mace was confined to Palpatine's office, there wasnt much he could do, as opposed to how he could move in the Geonosis arena. So in this way, he's restricted to his saber fighting more than Anakin is. That'll be my reason for Anakin over Mace.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 06:16 AM
ssj3gohan007
The Chosen One

Well its possible, i will give you that.

Basically the lists are each person's own personal oppinion and if they trully feel that ani is better than mace, they have a right to their own oppinion

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 02:24 PM