KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » New Pic of Vader/Vaders younger look

New Pic of Vader/Vaders younger look
Started by: mephistodesigns

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

Vader's younger look

We've had several hints as to what Vader's new look could be. In the Dark Horse comic Empire, we've seen a man seemingly as damaged as Vader wearing a breathing mask, goggles, and a similar chest control system. (there's a pic of this on that freak SuperShadow's site, although he's practically calling it concept art rather than naming its actual source) if they want a quick suit for him until the end, this could work. It does say in the star wars visual dictionary that he wears a much more simple suit before the one we recognize, but again, Lucas could erase this. In another Star Wars comic, the Empire Strikes Back Infinities, Yoda fights Vader and does a mind trick like effect on Anakin, slowly reducing his mind to what it was when he was a child. they do this in the minds eye so we get a nice visual of a pre CT vader suit. now, this obviously wasn't concept art or anything, but they could be little hints from Lucas (since I hear he's been monitoring the comics a little more closely, I read an article in the Insider saying he has meetings with them now, like he does with the NJO authors to help the brainstorming a bit). If anyone has seen these, what do you think? In general, how close to the original trilogy should he look? Does he need to be as close as possible since we'll know its Anakin no matter what anyway? Or just for the sake of coolness, should he look as much as possible like the ANH suit? Obi-wan looks practically the same as old Ben in ANH, will the same be for Vader?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 09:10 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

dark horse comic Empire = not canon
supershadow = not canon
star wars visual dictionary = not canon
star wars infinties = not canon, not even the correct continuity
lucas = not monetoring every EU source, he just checks them to make sure the plot twists are to his liking (and with Clone Wars comics that's necesarry, they can't kill ie Adi Gallia if she will be in EpIII)

and the latest "look" was just a small adaptation from the ANH costume, or so Trisha B said

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 09:15 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

Exactly, I said that stuff wasn't remotely in continuity didn't I? I just want to know what peoples expectations are. Those are just the examples of possibilities some artists have shown. What does everyone expect it to look like? how different or similar?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 09:19 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

The man you see in the Dark Horse comic wasn't Vader anyways.

Just some second hand man.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 09:50 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

YES! WE'VE ESTABLISHED THAT!
Sorry. But you guys keep harping on what I said are examples of possible design schemes. A direction it might go but by no ways even related to actual episode 3 pre-production art. I merely want to know what peoples expectations are. Those were those artists interpretations, nothing more. Nothing official. Just neat ideas. What are everyone else's ideas?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 09:57 PM
LanceWindu

No need to get snappy mephisto.

I'm stating the fact that it's not a hint at a Vader costume at all.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 10:33 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

I think it was meant to at least look like Vader, perhaps showing the evolution of the technology or something.

So what do YOU think he will look like? (since thats the point of this post rather than to pick apart my not well received examples). I'm hoping they actually take it in a slightly different direction. Similar perhaps to McQuarries original concept art where he was a tad bit sleaker. Something someone young might where, until realizing he doesn't really need mobility cuz he's the chosen one! laughing

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 10:37 PM
LanceWindu

Umm...I'm hoping for a very sharp lined suit, if you understand...like not having so many curves on it.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 10:43 PM
mephistodesigns

Has Lucas or McCallum given any indication as to a particular direction he's going with the new Vader outfit? That's really the only thing I care about knowing b4 I see ep 3. i've had a good part of the PT figured out for a while, but that and why (exactly) he turns are the to things I just have to know!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 10:46 PM
LanceWindu

I don't know anything about the direction of the suit, except for it's going to be the same basis as the OT suit.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 10:52 PM
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

I hope they don't change the suit TOO much, I mean it doesn't have to be identical to the one in the OT but at least remotely similar would be good.

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2003 03:17 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

New Pic of Vader

from Force.net pretty cool

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2003 04:42 PM
Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

is this confirmed or is this a fan with great photoshop skills?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2003 05:26 PM
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

I wish I knew. It was on the force.net

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2003 05:55 PM
Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

why does it say fan art at the top right hand corner of that page its on? wouldn't that mean its fake? Also, someone should check the style against the guy who took over after Chiang as head designer at ILM. If its a close style match, could be authentic.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2003 07:07 PM
Darth Hater
Restricted

Account Restricted

that's because it is fan art

you and us all my man

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2003 07:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth Hater a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Hater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

its dern good fan art too! I was kind of suspicious when I didn't see those bushy Sebastian Shaw like eyebrows. big grin

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2003 08:02 PM
LanceWindu

Most definately fan art. I've seen this before, I don't like the look.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2003 10:19 PM
Clone Trooper
Ltn. #1236

This was made by an AIM buddy that I have talk to b4 it is not the real vader helmet

Ltn. #1236 Unit # 86 battalion

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2003 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Clone Trooper a Private Message Find more posts by Clone Trooper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Nah dont really like it at all.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 01:20 AM
Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote