KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » I simply can't understand it, can somone explain me why did obi wan...

I simply can't understand it, can somone explain me why did obi wan...
Started by: fjord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
And that doesn't explain Anakin.

And people don't just die instantly like that, To. A person dying of old age, or even of disease, does not instantly die when he has just been talking. Yoda slipped into the Force before he died.
I think Anakin automatically became a Jedi Spirit cuz he was the Chosen One.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 02:09 AM
Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

when the Jedi are at peace when they die, or prepare to, they become one with the Force and disappear

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 07:09 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

How can people have seen all the films now, and still think that?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 09:13 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

When Yoda talked to Obi-Wan about this (this is cut out from the movie, but I still see it as cannon), he said that Obi-Wan under the training of Qui-Gon could learn how to keep his conciousness when he transforms into the Force and "maybe" his physical self. And that is the reason why Qui-Gon probably didn't have his physical self when he transformed into the Force, cause there is no certainty you would get it. Maybe strength indeed has something to do with it. In the database it says that Anakin did indeed return with the help of Obi-Wan and Yoda. I guess it takes more time to learn it by yourself than with the help of others.

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 11:47 AM
Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Council#13
when the Jedi are at peace when they die, or prepare to, they become one with the Force and disappear
If you are a good guy, you'll go to heaven.
And Qui-Gon Jinn discovered the magical ghost technique.

Vader quickly became a good guy and was rewarded with a young body.
Palpatine should've done that too!

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 04:34 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

The reason Anakin is still young as a ghost, is because this can only be accomplished by compassion. Anakin died as a Jedi in ep III, he is reborn as Darth Vader and died as Darth Vader. So Anakin's soul comes back young cause like I said he died young.

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

It's symbolic but still nonsensical.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 08:18 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

Compassion?

Did Anakin not become attached to his son? Did he not fear that he would die ín the Emperors attack? Did he not feel betrayed?

Just because he gave into his fear, anger and hate by killing the Emperor doesnt make him a good guy?

If he felt compassion and regretted, I am fairly sure that the emperor had some second thoughts as well while swooping down to his doom?

So, palpy ang qgon were left without bodies? XD

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 11:48 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

yeah Qui-Gon said that it was a technique that could only be performed by compassion not greed, that is why no Sith can do it. And I'm not sure if the death of Anakin is completely symbolic. As religious people, the Jedi are Anakin's spirit dies. There is only Darth Vader.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 12:25 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

did qui-gon return also even though it isn't shown in the movies??

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 11:39 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

Qui-Gon did return, but he was not able to keep his physical self. Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda could

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 01:33 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

but why? and thanx for the info..

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 09:15 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

There are still some things I don't understand aboot that so called "ghost trick" for one, do you need to be dead to achieve the state. Second when does ones body fate? How did Qui Gon Jinn do it anyways, I mean he was dead already, wasn't he. Vader is of course a good question. It doesn't all fit I believe.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 12:33 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

one thing about Qui-Gon, why he didn't dissapear is simple...that is because he only discovered the secret while he already joined the Force...but the others knew the secret before they died and they dissapeared to keep their physical self. Darth Vader didn't dissapear either because he didn't know how to keep his physical self but he did return and kept his, thx to the help of Yoda and Obi-Wan when he joined the Force.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 03:39 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

why didn't yoda and obi help qui-gon and he didn't show up?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2006 09:43 AM
Jack Daniels
WOW!

qui gon showed em all how to do it then hit queeqs and has been there ever since invisible drinking everyones drinks when they arent looking....I wanna be just like him when I go...lol

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2006 10:51 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

Why didn't they help Qui-Gon? Simple, Qui-Gon couldn't do anything anymore. All hope was in Luke and Leia. And it was the living Obi-Wan who would take care of Luke. Since he died later he was the only one who had a connection with Luke, Qui-Gon hadn't...so why disturb him?
He's dead, let him sleep in peace in the leaving Force. He's done all he can. lol

That is also why you don't see Qui-Gon appear in the end of ROTJ, Luke had no connection with him, he only saw the ones he had a connection with. The whole Jedi council could have apeared lol and they would be standing there like monkeys saying "what are we doing here???" and Luke would be thinking "Who are those guys!".
Gets the point?

Last edited by Cascador on Jan 22nd, 2006 at 11:20 AM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2006 11:18 AM
D-FENS

(please log in to view the image)
"This topic's dead,son.Accept it."

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2006 11:25 AM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

"To find my topic..."

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2006 07:08 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

got it! thnx

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2006 09:58 AM