Registered: Sep 2005
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
oh yea... just cuz I say so, it must be wrong... I see... well lets revew obi-wan's exploits shall we?
1 he beats Maul by a stroke of luck in that Maul is being cocky
2 he beats Grievous by that his form is practicaly built to defeat him
3 he beats Anikin because Anikin is being angry and cocky
need I say more? If not for his going after Duku in the battle on Geonosis and Anikin protecting his a** in the arena, he would probly be dead...
I'm going with Obi-Wan. His skill may not match RotS Anakin, but he's still extremely powerful in the arts of saber combat. Here's a reply for your first standpoints, Magnevus.
1. There's no such thing as luck. Maul was just being sloppy because he thought a padawan had no chance againt him.
2. Well, if Obi-Wan's style was "built" to defeat Grievous, he still defeated Grievous with his mastery of that form. And besides, he killed Grievous with a blaster remember?
3. Anakin was stronger than Obi-Wan and had the potential to beat him. He just made a stupid move.
TWo words -"Force lightning" and katarn wins.YEs anakin did have potential but obi-wan had the obvious advantage since skywalker was his padwan and he knew his moves well.Knowing your opponents moves no matter how powerful he is a important aspect of gaining a key victory
1. He was a inexperienced padawan, now he is one of the best jedi masters in the order and would utterly waste Maul.
2. This is irrelevant. He defeated him didn't he? Anyway, he would pwn him even without that style, one force push made Grievous drop all his lightsabers and run away.
3. No, he defeated Anakin because he was a better duellist. Sure he woulden't have won at that moment if Anakin didn't jump, but he was the one that made Anakin jump. Anakin never broke through Obi-Wan's defence more than he broke through his, I never saw Anakin having an easier time than Obi-Wan.
If not for Desann sparing his life in the beginning of JO, or Mara Jade saving him when he was captured Kyle would probably be dead.
Kyle is very good though, he is able to defeat a person who can stand up to Luke which is pretty impressive. And that is with only some days of re-traning. If this is NJO Kyle he was a grand master of saber combat, and a good force user who used many light side and dark side powers. If this is NJO Kyle I go with him. If this is JA or JO Kyle I go with Obi-Wan.
Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)
This means...What? That Obi-wan didn't defeat maul, grievous, or Anakin? The whole force-lightning would look like what Obi-Wan did when Dooku tried to use it on him, mybe more, cause we didn't see him doing in in ROTS.
Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold