KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars Television Show- Official Thread

Star Wars Television Show- Official Thread
Started by: ~JP~

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (50): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Going by that statement wouldnt it stand to reason if it is EU it will need to be moved. yes

yes

Originally posted by chinabing
I can't wait for a "very special" episode of Star Wars.

"Master Yoda, I need to speak with you about...drugs."
"I hear that some Younglings have been molested. Anakin? Were you...touched...when you were in the younger classes?"

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 09:25 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by PVS
i'm arguing that its not EU.
my reasoning is GL's direct involvement and the direct tie in with the saga story line. same for clone wars.

I have no idea what it is myself. I just thought people might be interested in it is all. As I said, Im sorry now that I even posted it.

Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But who visits the EU section? This is too important NOT to be discussed. I'm gonna leave it here for a while.

Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by PVS
i'm arguing that its not EU.
my reasoning is GL's direct involvement and the direct tie in with the saga story line. same for clone wars.

And as I already said, not all EU is non-canon, it is possible for direct Tie-In's to still be considered EU. Look at the novel "The Approaching Storm", the book was written as a precursor to Episode II because Lucas wanted that story told, and he references it in the movie's opening scroll as well. To me that is a direct tie-in.

The Clone Wars cartoon, though it's out-there, is directly tied into the movies as well, where do you think Grievous got his cough? The show is EU, but it ties in.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 09:29 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by queeq
This is too important NOT to be discussed. I'm gonna leave it here for a while.

Well ok then that was my thought as well. Good to know I put it in the right place for now.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 09:32 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chinabing

Canon vs. Eu arguments kill threads!

But back to the tv series, I think it's fantastic! Story lines I'd like to see:

"Teen Boba": It's "The OC" meets Sci-fi's "Galactica"
"Governor's Aide" It's like "Benson" meets "Star Trek"
"Gungan At Large," "Mon Mothma vs. Mon Calarmi" etc. etc.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 09:35 PM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

this awsome. I went to Wonder-Con and saw the starwars part of it to. i also posted something like this in the EU section before I knew this was here. Ah well. No one was as intrested in MY thread. *feels hurt*

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 09:36 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

No no expression

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 09:40 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

its a news thread so who gives a shit?

whats to discuss?

"ZOMG THIS IS THE SHIZNIT!!!1111"

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 09:43 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by KENobi™
Not all of EU is non-canon. The title itself "Expanded Universe" classifies any given medium that is not the actual movie, whether it be books, tv, games, etc.

If Lucas wrote a new Star Wars novel, based after ROTJ that would be classified as EU, would it not?

No, because the definition of EU is basically that GL didn't do it. Whether it was canon or not would be a different question, though I would suspect GL would say it is.

Anyway, as queeq says, this belongs here for importance stakes. This is the most 'current' EU area; if the tv series ever takes off it will probably get an area of its own.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Ushgarak
No, because the definition of EU is basically that GL didn't do it. Whether it was canon or not would be a different question, though I would suspect GL would say it is.

Anyway, as queeq says, this belongs here for importance stakes. This is the most 'current' EU area; if the tv series ever takes off it will probably get an area of its own.

Show me this definition, link me to where it says this on the official site.

The title itself means Expanded, aka anything added to the overall story that is not the movies.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 10:28 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Show me this definition, link me to where it says this on the official site.

The title itself means Expanded, aka anything added to the overall story that is not the movies.

i always though that the true definition of EU is both

-a piece of work which GL took no part in creating, but rather just looked at it and said "yeah sure, its ok. you can use my trademark"

and

-a piece of work which does not directly tie into the sage. a.k.a. the adventures of adolescent yoda and things of this sort

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 10:51 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by PVS
i always though that the true definition of EU is both

-a piece of work which GL took no part in creating, but rather just looked at it and said "yeah sure, its ok. you can use my trademark"

and

-a piece of work which does not directly tie into the sage. a.k.a. the adventures of adolescent yoda and things of this sort

That's my point.

The TV show is not going to be a direct tie-in, it will be focused on characters we've seen briefly or not at all.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 11:02 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's my point.

The TV show is not going to be a direct tie-in, it will be focused on characters we've seen briefly or not at all.

well, i think the reference to major saga charaters kinda works it out of the EU area by technicality. you know what? i dont think there is a definative answer to it confused

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 11:06 PM
LanceWindu

Originally posted by PVS
well, i think the reference to major saga charaters kinda works it out of the EU area by technicality. you know what? i dont think there is a definative answer to it confused

I don't see how. Other EU items have references major characters as well.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 11:08 PM
calvs
Kommunist

Shut up. The EU forum is better than this one, at least we use logic.

Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 11:14 PM
Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by DE Calvin

Dude...no.

The EU forum is okay if you stick to the novel threads or those about game strategy, but the Vs. threads are idiotic.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 11:18 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DE Calvin

laughing out loud good one

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 11:19 PM
calvs
Kommunist

Dude...no.

The EU forum is okay if you stick to the novel threads or those about game strategy, but the Vs. threads are idiotic.

Agreed, except for the Battle Bar.

Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 11:26 PM
Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Sorry but ALL the vs threads in there are stupid far as I'm concerned. And not just in the SW section, the comic VS threads are just as asinine.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 12:50 AM