KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » I simply can't understand it, can somone explain me why did obi wan...

I simply can't understand it, can somone explain me why did obi wan...
Started by: fjord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Stephen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: I simply can't understand it, can somone explain me why did obi wan...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by fjord
Why did Obi Wan Kenobi disappeared after been hit by Vader's lightsaber?
And why did he let Darth Vader kill him? It has no sense!!!!!!!

In short, Obi-Wan Disappeared and came "one" with the force witch explains why he comes back as a force ghost and partaily helps luke by giving him tips, take hoth for example he shows up and tells him to go to dagohbah.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth Stephen a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Stephen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Episode III answered this question finally - this thread can be put to rest now.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 05:41 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormtrooper501
Bounty Hunter

The reason that Obi Wan let Vader kill him was because Luke had to confront Vader. If Obi Wan would have fought Vader, Luke may have never gotten the chance and therefore would have never known that Vader was his father and he never would have got to confront him. I don't know what to say about the disappearing thing though. I agree with Corran. Maybe Obi Wan and Yoda joined the force as they died, becoming one with it so that they could help Luke.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2006 11:39 PM
Click here to Send stormtrooper501 a Private Message Find more posts by stormtrooper501 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

uh...ya..thats kinda the point. Supposedly, Qui-Gon was supposed to appear in Ep3, but Liam Nesson didn't want to for some reason or another, and so like always, GL came up with a half assed explanation on the spot. But I agree that he didn't show up at the end of ROTJ because Luke didn't know him so what would the point be?

OB1 gave himself to the force, and Yoda just slipped in to the force. Ive heard that Vader disappears "off-screen" but who knows. And I heard that they used young Anakin because thats the last time he was physically whole. Had he appeared old (like he originally did) he would have no legs and two half arms....kinda funny looking, don't you agree? So thats why, at least thats what i think....but you could say its symbolic as well.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 02:48 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

They were smart not to show Qui-Gonn in RotS. It'd pretty much ruin the ending.

Obi-Wan used the immortality ghost trick to become one with the Force. It's as simple as that...

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 02:05 PM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

See, i would think he would have to become one with the force before he could do the force ghost trick. Maybe thats the way you meant it, but i don't know. I think that he gave him self to the force(letting vader kill him) so he COULD become the ghost to help luke in times he wouldn't normally be able to. I also always figured that once they become one with the force that they learn things about the force they could not know while alive. kinda like anakin saying , "I know there are things about the force they aren't telling me." So they didn't know to tell him, but since he was the chosen one, he could kinda sense that there was something "more" out there. Know what i mean?

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2006 04:14 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ganner Rhysode
Jedi Knight

It's been referred to as "becoming one with the Force" for a LONG time, long before The Phantom Menace. Come on, people.

Furthermore, yes, you must become one with the Force to become a Force ghost.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 04:49 AM
Click here to Send Ganner Rhysode a Private Message Find more posts by Ganner Rhysode Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

How did the Sith do it then? Did they do what the "hated" Jedi do, and become one with the Force that they abused?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 05:04 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zev

It's actually ironic and was explained in the clone wars tv series, created by Lucas. In III, Yoda had pretty much just got back from a journey qui-gon led him to in order to understand the light side of the force enough to "keep one's identity" after death, and not just become part of the cosmic force. Qui-gon wasn't able to finish this training so he could only speak to the living, but Yoda learned to form an image of himself. At around the end of III, you'll remember Yoda telling Obiwan that he has to teach him something specific taught to him by Quigon before he went to be a hermit/guardian on Tatooine. This was that training. I guess the ironic part is that although the dark side seems more physical and powerful.. plus the emperor promised this power to Anakin.. the light side was the only path to immortality. cool
Obiwan let Vader kill him because in that moment he realized he could train Luke much faster and better if he was within his mind, which was a trick of being an immortal, communicating with only one person at a time.. in the trilogy, Obiwan could tell when Luke was in need of some words of wisdom, or a just reminder to use the force. He couldn't have helped Luke destroy the death star in IV if he hadn't have done it.

Last edited by Zev on May 3rd, 2014 at 06:20 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2014 06:10 PM
Click here to Send Zev a Private Message Find more posts by Zev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

8 years later.

Old Post May 3rd, 2014 07:56 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zev

lol well for closure's sake.

Old Post May 3rd, 2014 08:48 PM
Click here to Send Zev a Private Message Find more posts by Zev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post May 4th, 2014 09:01 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote