KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why kill the younglings

Why kill the younglings
Started by: darth vraya

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Grate the Vraya
Disciple of Inglip

Why kill the younglings

Sorry if this has been done before but I searched and nothing came up. I wjust watche ROTS again and it got my dark mind to thinking. Why did they kill the younglings? Their minds were weak and could have easily been persuaded to the darkside. It would have made the empire unstoppable. I guess it was just because lucas wanted you to hate the darkside anakin but still it seemed very unclever of the coniving sidious

I got everything!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 01:07 AM
Click here to Send Grate the Vraya a Private Message Find more posts by Grate the Vraya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

Because killing Younglings would be an excellent way to enhance Anakin's dark sidedness. Also, any youngling that escaped them would become a potential threat later. Best to slaughter them all and not be sorry later.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 01:15 AM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grate the Vraya
Disciple of Inglip

True but they could kill the ones who fought them e.g. Zett Jukassa and then enslave and corrupt the rest. Besides if one were to escape, it is not like they would complete their training so they would be so-so with a lightsaber but other than that they would be just any normal person

I got everything!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 01:19 AM
Click here to Send Grate the Vraya a Private Message Find more posts by Grate the Vraya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Because it was awesome, man!

Didn't you enjoy the slaughtering of little children?

evil face

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 01:20 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grate the Vraya
Disciple of Inglip

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Because it was awesome, man!

Didn't you enjoy the slaughtering of little children?

evil face
yes who couldn't evil face but still come on, mindless killing, or becoming unstoppable think sids think!

I got everything!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 01:23 AM
locuasohappy

because the padawans were a threat to the empire; i mean look at luke he escaped the empire and with a bit of training from the remaining jedi he beat darth vader and could have beaten sidious if he didnt drop (throw) his weapon.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 01:34 AM
Click here to Send locuasohappy a Private Message Find more posts by locuasohappy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grate the Vraya
Disciple of Inglip

Originally posted by locuasohappy
because the padawans were a threat to the empire; i mean look at luke he escaped the empire and with a bit of training from the remaining jedi he beat darth vader and could have beaten sidious if he didnt drop (throw) his weapon.
not the padawans the younglings (there is a huge difference) for instance when Anakin began his training in episode one, that is a youngling. In episode two is when anakin is a padawan. The younglings are little kids who are barely trained in the force. They were not a threat to the empire at all.

I got everything!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 01:38 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

Dude I cant believe you even asked this question.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 01:47 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Originally posted by darth vraya
not the padawans the younglings (there is a huge difference) for instance when Anakin began his training in episode one, that is a youngling. In episode two is when anakin is a padawan. The younglings are little kids who are barely trained in the force. They were not a threat to the empire at all.

Watch EP3 with the commentary on.

Lucas says that the emporer knew that they had to kill EVERY Jedi, cause if even one of the little kids lived, they would come back later to get him.

He knew that even 3 or 4, with training in sensing the Force and lightsaber handling, no matter how elementary, would practice and grow on their own, and years later he couldn't pwn them like mace and co.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 01:50 AM
Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

Plus.

Always 2 there are. No more, no less.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 10:30 AM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Like many of the other people have stated, the younglings could grow up and become potential threats to the empire, even if they are not properly trained. also, Sidious stated, "If the Jedi learn of what has happened here, it will be civil war without end." If the younglings learned about it, they could have informed senators (e.g. Bail Organa) and there would be a civil war. well, of course Bail did see what was happening, and well, despite Palpatine's planning a war did break out

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 11:00 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Youngling: "Master Skywalker, there are too many of them. What are we going to do?"

Anakin (thinking to himself): "Dammit, even these kids can act better than me..."

*ignites lightsaber*no expression

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 12:35 PM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

laughing thats sooooo funny!!!

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 01:28 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

2 factors:

1-always 2 there are. no more, no less.

2-anakin is the chosen one a.k.a. most powerful jedi (before the roasting that is)

why would sidious need the younglings? thats right, he didnt. however, i bet after vader fried he was wishing he had one.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 03:00 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

Those younglings could have been used to donate organs and tissues for Anakin? I bet his several vital organs didnt like getting cooked.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 03:53 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

For the reasons stated above: all of them had to die, to make the Jedi Order crumble completely. And to make Anakin more intoxicated with the Dark Side.
Plus, it's not in Palpatine's interest to have an army of Sith, raised from those younglings. That was the undoing of the Sith a thousand years earlier in their war with the Jedi. The Dark Side makes you crave more and more power; you eventually then plot to kill your master, to get more power. Since then, the Sith survived by never being more than two at any time, until the time came for them to strike. Palpatine pretty much confessed to killing his own master to Anakin.
Decades later, Palpatine suspected Vader wants to do him in and rule with Luke. But he believes he can get the better of both of them, by having them fight to the death in ROTJ. Whoever survived, would continue to be his servent.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 04:06 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Originally posted by Council#13
laughing thats sooooo funny!!!

You know what's funny? I keep trying to read this thread, and thinking about star wars, and i keep finding myself staring at carmen electra. the first time it happened, i ignored it, and the second, but by the third it was starting to bother me. lol. great pic

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 04:41 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

1. Because it would have been shown as compassion. Being a sith means you tend to do really bastardy things.

2. Because they are called "younglings". laughing

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 06:57 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maddi
Rush Fan

I think younger kids are annoying. I don't really care why they killed them or not. no expression

THEY'RE DEAD THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS. stick out tongue

SNAKES AND ARROWS COMING OUT MAY 1ST 2007!! TOURING IN JUNE!!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 07:35 PM
Click here to Send Maddi a Private Message Find more posts by Maddi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

See, the younglings did not have to become Sith. They could have been Dark Jedi, there were at least 50 personally trained by Palpatine in the 20 years of darkness.

Besides if one were to escape, it is not like they would complete their training so they would be so-so with a lightsaber but other than that they would be just any normal person

Tell that to Luke Skywalker...

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 08:58 PM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote