KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars Television Show- Official Thread

Star Wars Television Show- Official Thread
Started by: ~JP~

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (50): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NoFate007
I thought it wasn't supposed to include any of the main characters, including Vader. I thought it was supposed to be basically about a few characters that they'll just make up and do whatever they want to with.

As far as I know from all the artciles I've read that's baically it. And really, it makes sense that Lucas wants to just wanna leave the classic characters and stuff alone and have a fresh pallette to work with.

...and you'd have to think that's good in a way...having the usual suspects in there could be limiting for the writers...plus there'd be the risk of them writing some dumb stuff about the classic characters that could just ruin them.

I'm guessing they'll maybe have Vader and the Emperor in it in very limited supply, and make references about OT and NT stuff, but that's about it.

Last edited by EPIIIBITES on Mar 22nd, 2006 at 06:46 AM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 06:40 AM
Click here to Send EPIIIBITES a Private Message Find more posts by EPIIIBITES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by LanceWindu
I've heard them all mention it...doesn't mean they'll get their wishes. The only one I want back is Ian.

DO you have a link for that? I just cant imagine Ewan OR Hayden agreeing to do TV.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 06:46 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-FENS

Agreed,show us some proof to support your claims please.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 06:52 AM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wanna see some bounty hunter stories. A whole episode following a week in the life of a bounty hunter.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 07:02 AM
Click here to Send EPIIIBITES a Private Message Find more posts by EPIIIBITES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-FENS

Well you may,somewhat, get your wish.There's a rumor that It may be based on Boba Fett.I may be wrong,because like I said,it's a rumor.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 07:17 AM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I remember reading very recently that McCallum sai dthere will be no "stars" from the films in the series... Whether that means characters or actors, I don't know...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 08:42 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by LanceWindu
I've heard them all mention it...doesn't mean they'll get their wishes. The only one I want back is Ian.

thats the only semi-likely candidate.
as for obiwan, all he would be doing is hanging out on tattooine and contacting quigon, and there's no way in hell they'll get liam neeson to do the show, so scratch that. and why would GL bother cutting a check for hayden when the only possible scenario would be a chamber scene. not really necessary. even yoda's presence would make no sense at all. until luke shows up he's nothing more than a little green basketcase on dagobah. yup, the only one with any significance at all would be palps, but really he's not needed either, just as he wasnt needed in ANH or RotJ (barring the hologram scene). im sure we'll here plenty of references to all of them, but highly doubht we'll see any of them. maybe a hologram or two of him dishing orders, but i wouldnt expect much more. as far as vader, i can see that happening, considering he is the ey player for the bad guys in ep4, it only makes sense...just to help tie eps 3 and 4 together, or whats the point?

Last edited by PVS on Mar 22nd, 2006 at 12:55 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 12:52 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

The more you think about the tv series, the more disappointed/excited you'll be, and it'll end up like ROTS where some parts were let down because of over hyped and so on.....so I say go find a new hobby for a few years, then wait until it actually comes out. At this point in time, I couldnt give two shits whether Obi Wan or Boba or anyone else is gonna be in it.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 01:13 PM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

well your no fun!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 01:46 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chinabing

I think it'll probably be like the "Young Indiana Jones" series. I only watched a couple episodes, and was like "eh."

Now for a Star Wars TV series, I think they should get Harvey Korman and Bea Arthur!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 04:04 PM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

i read on Wikipedia that Ewan, Ian and Jimmy Smits all expressed interest in the project, and Daniel logan i think has been called back to reprise his role as Boba Fett - yet nothing set in concrete, although all of this was listed under the facts according to Wiki

Facts
Pre-production was expected to begin in January 2006. Whether it has or not has not been confirmed.
In a recent interview, Steve Sansweet stated that the series will be released "towards the end of the decade." He gave the time period until release to be "about 3 years." Although the exact time of release is rather ambiguous at this point, fans expect the release to be around 2008.
The series will focus on minor characters in the Star Wars films, ones who viewers have seen on screen before in the films themselves.
The entire series will be set in the 19-year time period between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.
The series will last 100 episodes at 1 hour per episode.
Daniel Logan, who played the Young Boba Fett, has been asked to reprise his role as Fett for the new series by Lucas.
Lucas will produce the show with his work for the first season, and then "hand it off from there."
The style of the series will be in a similar style to Lucas' Young Indiana Jones TV series.
Cameos by main characters are not totally out of the question.
The show is still in its early planning stages, so many plot and/or story elements may change, as Lucas has shown to change his mind easily, such as expressing an interest in expanding the character Aayla Secura, then killing her in Episode III.
According to Lucas at Celebration II, in the series, "a lot of the issues from the films are connected, but you won't necessarily see a lot of the people that are connected."
Lucas has stated that, in producing the show, "we will do what would typically cost $20 million, for $1 million."
Lucas has stated that if this series, along with the 3-D animated Clone Wars series is successful, more series may follow. According to an interview at his AFI lifetime achievement ceremony, future series may include the possibility of a Knights of the Old Republic-era series.
Frank Oz (Yoda), Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine), Jimmy Smits (Bail Organa), Ewan McGregor (Obi-Wan Kenobi) and Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett/clonetroopers) have expressed their interest in occasional appearances.
The series will be shot using Hi-Definition cameras, according to Rick McCallum at a recent press conference for the Revenge of the Sith DVD.
McCallum also confirms at the conference that many characters from the Expanded Universe will be seen in the series, who had previously only been seen in the novels, comics, video games, and other media.
McCallum describes the series as: "It is going to be much darker, grittier. It's much more character-based."
McCallum says on the writing and plot of the series: "We are just starting to interview writers and trying to really figure out which direction to go to. He envisions somewhere like 100 hours between Episode III and Episode IV with a lot of characters that we haven't met that have been developed in some of the novels and other things. We are really excited about that. Finally, we could have the opportunity to answer everybody's questions once and for all by the time we finish the series."
Only one major Rebel victory will occur in the series, per the opening crawl of A New Hope. However, it is possible that the Rebels may win minor victories.

Last edited by Stun on Mar 22nd, 2006 at 10:14 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 10:11 PM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chinabing

Originally posted by Stun
Only one major Rebel victory will occur in the series, per the opening crawl of A New Hope. However, it is possible that the Rebels may win minor victories.

It's been a while, but I think that battle was in the SW Radio Drama.

There was a surface battle with Vader, (Brock Peters great voice), and I think in another episode Leia gets the Tantive close to another ship and copies the Death Star files onto the ships "memory banks." Then they hop over to Tatooine to go find Obi-Wan, and then Vader's star destoryer appears again and ep IV's crawls rolls.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 10:52 PM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yep, I was about to post but Stun beat me to it. Wikipedia is also where I found Ewan and Ian expressing their interest in returning.

I like George.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 11:29 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

Ewan has bitched so much about Star Wars that I find it doubtful he'd want to return. Unless his movie career has dried up by the end of the decade...

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 12:31 AM
Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

They could pay him a cool mil to do a day's worth of work, which would amount to like, 6 or 7 min. of screen time.

He'd do it.

They'd all do it.

GL has said "minor characters" from the movies, but just the other day RM said that they might open up with a bounty hunter-translate "Bobba"- to get things rolling.

I bet alot can change between here and then, and you can bet that Vader (whether played by Hayden or not) will make a guest apperance and kill a few Joe Jedi padawan's during Sweeps Week.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 12:46 AM
Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by amity75
Ewan has bitched so much about Star Wars that I find it doubtful he'd want to return. Unless his movie career has dried up by the end of the decade...

I'm curious, when did Ewan complain about Star Wars? He was always praising them whenever I saw him. erm

I like George.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 12:54 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

you guys DO know that Winkipedia isnt necessarily FACT dont you?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 01:50 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by sithsaber408
I bet alot can change between here and then, and you can bet that Vader (whether played by Hayden or not) will make a guest apperance and kill a few Joe Jedi padawan's during Sweeps Week.

...I like the way you think, Saber.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 03:12 AM
darthvader_fan
Dazed and Confused

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
you guys DO know that Winkipedia isnt necessarily FACT dont you?
sounds fact to me

im the coolest guy there is GO CHIEFS

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 03:14 AM
Click here to Send darthvader_fan a Private Message Find more posts by darthvader_fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sith Master X
I'm curious, when did Ewan complain about Star Wars? He was always praising them whenever I saw him. erm

Ewan's on record for calling Phantom Menace "flat". He's shown his displeasure with it in a couple of interviews.

He said AOTC was an improvement on the first film, but seemed to kinda piss off Lucas et. all when he poked jabs at the film title the day it was revealed. While at a movie premiere with Nicole Kidman they started making fun of the tiltle, replacing "clones" with clowns" and riculing it. It was either McCullom or Lucas that made a comment following the incident on how innapropriate they thought that was and how he should be behind the films.

He did back up Ep.III all the way though...

...which of course I don't get...

...'cause if you know anything about me...

...you know that I think EPIII...

..........BITES!

sorry, couldn't resist.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 03:26 AM