KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why kill the younglings

Why kill the younglings
Started by: darth vraya

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

Perhaps they were "too old" to be tained?

The Sith knew better not to take too old children in training... They tend to switch sides.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grate the Vraya
Disciple of Inglip

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
See, the younglings did not have to become Sith. They could have been Dark Jedi, there were at least 50 personally trained by Palpatine in the 20 years of darkness.

Besides if one were to escape, it is not like they would complete their training so they would be so-so with a lightsaber but other than that they would be just any normal person

Tell that to Luke Skywalker...
Luke Skywalker had plenty of training before he even faced Darth Vader. Obi wan and Yoda trained him a lot.

I got everything!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 11:41 PM
Click here to Send Grate the Vraya a Private Message Find more posts by Grate the Vraya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The Emperor doesn't want little kids that he has to put up with in training, and any Jedi is a potential threat should he escape the clutches of Vader.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 12:36 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Originally posted by truejedi
You know what's funny? I keep trying to read this thread, and thinking about star wars, and i keep finding myself staring at carmen electra. the first time it happened, i ignored it, and the second, but by the third it was starting to bother me. lol. great pic

thank you

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 08:49 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

Re: Why kill the younglings

Originally posted by darth vraya
Sorry if this has been done before but I searched and nothing came up. I wjust watche ROTS again and it got my dark mind to thinking. Why did they kill the younglings? Their minds were weak and could have easily been persuaded to the darkside. It would have made the empire unstoppable. I guess it was just because lucas wanted you to hate the darkside anakin but still it seemed very unclever of the coniving sidious

"Every single Jedi, including your friend, Obi-Wan Kenobi, is now an enemy of the Republic!"

^ That line right there shoulda kept you from making this thread.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 09:01 AM
Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Originally posted by Mišt
Youngling: "Master Skywalker, there are too many of them. What are we going to do?"

Anakin (thinking to himself): "Dammit, even these kids can act better than me..."

*ignites lightsaber*no expression

laughing

Anakin had to do it to become strong with the dark side. Killing children is a horrible thing, such an act would cause his to connect better with the dark side.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 04:20 AM
Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Pretty much everything what's his face said on Page 1.

1. Always to there are, a master and an apprentice.

2. If Anakin had defeated Obi-Wan he would've become the most powerful Jedi ever, or at least so it was said.

Most powerful Jedi ever > A bunch of Gerber kids.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 04:36 AM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

Cause it would be fun...wouldnt you just love to go in a room and kill a bunch of little brats that prolly wet their beds? I like how that one kid started to reach for his lightsaber but then thought about it and didnt...i was like, this kid alomost dropped his nuts! kid was gangsta! lol

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 04:49 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Thoughts of killing little kids isn't fun at all unless it's Numan.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 04:54 AM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

actually....hm...killing little kids..that sounds like it might be fun. Pu them all in a cage and take pot shots at them with a shotgun...killing three with one shot...could be intresting.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 05:07 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tthe Almighty
Futurama is the best

Re: Why kill the younglings

Originally posted by darth vraya
Sorry if this has been done before but I searched and nothing came up. I wjust watche ROTS again and it got my dark mind to thinking. Why did they kill the younglings? Their minds were weak and could have easily been persuaded to the darkside. It would have made the empire unstoppable. I guess it was just because lucas wanted you to hate the darkside anakin but still it seemed very unclever of the coniving sidious

they are not called younglings, they are padawan, he might have done it to show he is evil and a be a dark lord, and who cares if they die they can train more when the empire is rebuilt.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 02:02 PM
Click here to Send Tthe Almighty a Private Message Find more posts by Tthe Almighty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

Re: Re: Why kill the younglings

Originally posted by Tthe Almighty
they are not called younglings, they are padawan

is that so? Then why were Padmé and Obi-Wan saying Anakin killed younglings....not padawans?

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 02:20 PM
Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Why kill the younglings

Originally posted by Cascador
is that so? Then why were Padmé and Obi-Wan saying Anakin killed younglings....not padawans?

Bow chika bow now! Your right ya know.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 03:22 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tthe Almighty
Futurama is the best

fair enough but i have heard them being called padawan by yoda in episode 1

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 04:46 PM
Click here to Send Tthe Almighty a Private Message Find more posts by Tthe Almighty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

They're "Padawans," but they're a certain type of Padawan... the youngling.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 08:36 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

the thing is I think...Jedi are collected when they are very young...we all know that since they said Anakin was too old to be trained while he was only 9...When you are collected you become a youngling (I don't think it's a title) and you get to be trained in groups like in episode II with Yoda. Then when you become older you can be chosen by a Jedi Knight or higher rank to become his padawan, since you can only have one padawan. Anakin skipped the training of a youngling, he immediatly got a master

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 08:42 PM
Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Padawan can be broken down into subranks.

1. Youngling
2. Student
3. Apprentice

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 10:03 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Then Knight, Master, Winemaker.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

lol Mist

mmm...Master Whinemakers...I belive all skywalkers have reached this level of training...it appears to come most naturally.

I really think they should have shown Anakin taking a swing at the kids though...too cheesy to cut it before. Actually i think one of the kidt should have sliced off his leg with a training saber...lol

That whole sequence was too short...I wanted to see more of my clones slaughtering jedi...and more clones in general!

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 02:17 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Clones kick biologically enginereed ass.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 11:33 PM