KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anakin: Good or Bad?

Anakin: Good or Bad?
Started by: Shitayli

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shitayli
Beautiful o.o'

Laugh Anakin: Good or Bad?

Is anakin good for saving padame or is he bad for becoming Darth Vader?

I think he was good from the beginning Because all he wanted to do was save padame but Darth Sidius went back on his promise to save padame and she died anyway. SO I dont thing that ani s sorta' cracked!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 02:19 AM
Click here to Send Shitayli a Private Message Find more posts by Shitayli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darkjedi132
SITH MASTER

he thought he was doin good but he really wasnt

There is no death, There is the Force.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 02:29 AM
Click here to Send darkjedi132 a Private Message Find more posts by darkjedi132 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shitayli
Beautiful o.o'

ya but what I dont get is y Darth Vader? he could of jus stayed anakin. blink messed

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 02:32 AM
Click here to Send Shitayli a Private Message Find more posts by Shitayli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darkjedi132
SITH MASTER

idk, he thought he had to go with palpatine and do wat he said in order to save her

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 02:33 AM
Click here to Send darkjedi132 a Private Message Find more posts by darkjedi132 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shitayli
Beautiful o.o'

all he said was that he wanted to help padame not turn all sabur happy and start killing ppl for no aparent reason at all-.-'

But at the end of the one episode Luke kills him and he becomes all nice again.....

wtf?! Im confused miffed

well i guess he was nice in the first place

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 02:43 AM
darkjedi132
SITH MASTER

yeah his son redemed him

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 03:57 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I think Lucas went over the transition a little quickly. He screams "what have I done?" and the about thirty second later hes on his knees pledging himself to the sith. WTF?!?

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 04:56 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

^ i agree

but i think Anakin thought he was doing good *saving Padme* by doing bad *joining the sith*. But then, when padme died, he had no sense to just kill palpy because he didn't do the part of the bargain even though palpy told him that he killed padme blink ?

anyway, anakin was good all along until the bad thing just engulfed him. Its like when you say a lie then lie again to cover the lie then it becomes bigger and bigger...

I think that's really it...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 06:38 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alliance
I think Lucas went over the transition a little quickly. He screams "what have I done?" and the about thirty second later hes on his knees pledging himself to the sith. WTF?!?

IMO that was the best part of EPIII...the first time I actually felt some real passionate movie-making from Lucas since the OT (combination of good plotting and good acting), I could almost feel the temptation and the complete lack of resistance to join with Sidious...thanks to Ian McDarmaid's acting, his evil and allure just oozed off the screen...really effective I thought. Hayden was effective there too...that scene was pivotal and had to be believable for the whole movie, even series to work, and they did it really well.

There was nothing intillectual about Ani's transition, like "hmmm, let me see here..." At that turning point he was in too deep...he had given in to the dark side, and he was too overcome by his desperation for power, for Padme (not letting go)...you know, all that bad non-Jedi stuff.

...what's this...me sticking up for EPIII?

P.S. I don't believe in good or bad people...just people who can overcome things and people who can't...in this situation, Ani couldn't...doesn't make him bad, just unfortunate.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 07:53 AM
Click here to Send EPIIIBITES a Private Message Find more posts by EPIIIBITES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
P.S. I don't believe in good or bad people...just people who can overcome things and people who can't...in this situation, Ani couldn't...doesn't make him bad, just unfortunate.

I think this is good. I think Lucas did a good job of expressing the rise of the darkside in Anakin (perhaps I should have phrased this better), but his transition from Jedi to Sith was too quick for my tastes.

I would heve think after killing Mace, he would continue to reject both the Jedi and the SIth (he was already mad at Palps) and then Palps could lure him, even just a little bit more, to get him to "save the republic" or something.

The acting was OK, the lighing on anakin was supurp imo, but Sidious voice makes me think the sound editor's kid was playing with the volume dials during the recording. stick out tongue

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 01:59 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Shitayli
ya but what I dont get is y Darth Vader? he could of jus stayed anakin. blink messed

Because in Episode 4 GL had the bad guy named Darth Vader. In Episode 5 GL revealed that Darth Vader is Luke's father. So GL in Episode 3 wanted the transformation into Darth Vader to become complete which means he has to take on the name Darth Vader.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 03:14 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shitayli
Beautiful o.o'

o ok i get it now! ty

And I dont thing anakin was bad for becoming Darth Vader he just approached it the wrong way is what I think he just made a bad decision

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 03:44 PM
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

He thought he was doing right by tring to get power to save Padme. But the power had a downside...

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 04:04 PM
Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Bad in decision, good at heart.

I like George.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 05:35 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

not really. he wanted to control her and with a rational mind, in ep2, contemplated destroying everything she held dear (whatever works) and
put his own selfish need to keep her alive above her own reason to live.

he was a selfish prick, even when he didnt turn yet. yoda tried to warn him of this.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 07:45 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The only "good" thing Anakin intended was to keep Padme alive. But that was just so he could go around keeping her in the dark, obsessing over her, making himself look like even more of an *sshole than he already was.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 01:20 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bloody Jedi
Victor of The Blood Match

Originally posted by Sith Master X
Bad in decision, good at heart.

I agree He intended to save padame
but what he signed up for was bad from the start

Where no light would shine upon this destined planet
Darkness ruled all
and it made a commitment

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 04:51 PM
Click here to Send Bloody Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Bloody Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

no kids, he wanted to f*ck padame from early childhood, he is eval!!!

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 05:38 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

lol.. a perverted 9 year old

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 07:30 PM
Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eleonora

Anakin is both, just like every other human being.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 11:33 AM
Click here to Send Eleonora a Private Message Find more posts by Eleonora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote