KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anakin's Wounds in EP3

Anakin's Wounds in EP3
Started by: rustiswordz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rustiswordz
Rusty i aint......

Question Anakin's Wounds in EP3

I heard that anakin far from falling into a vat/pit of lava after his duel with Obi-Wan instead its rumoured that Obi Wan cuts his arms and legs off! WTF?

I really hope Lucas doesn't mess about with the 'history' of the Star wars saga too much. And i hope im wrong because i wont be able to watch the scene and not think 'Monty Python'

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 10:34 PM
Click here to Send rustiswordz a Private Message Find more posts by rustiswordz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godfather
Godfather

Yep me to, he should fall in a tar pit, that’s where he gets all his scars!! Just like the books say, what’s the point in him viewing them and approving them if he's gonna ignore them?

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 11:33 PM
Click here to Send godfather a Private Message Find more posts by godfather Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rustiswordz
Rusty i aint......

Exactly, true Gl probby thinks , well its my fanchise after all.

Well there is also called 'the fans' i think he needs to take note.

(I hope that this is just one of those rumours generated with the intent to throw the fans of the sent of the real truth.)

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 12:19 AM
Click here to Send rustiswordz a Private Message Find more posts by rustiswordz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

in ROJ, the people at ILM did a great job of detailig vader's skeleton and TFN has a great site exploring all of the injuries seen. with that in mind. anakin has to crash into a rock or hard surface of some kind during his tumble into the molten pit because according to that image, his shoulders are artificial, his back has support cables, and the cervical vertebrae (neck) are broken. In fact, the reason he couldn't move and could barely breath after palpatine's lightning assault. that means that his spinal chord is severed at C3, just like christopher reed and the prosthetic replaces it there. I guess it melted. so look for anakin hitting a rock directly with his neck and upper back

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 06:11 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

christopher reeve, sorry

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 06:12 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

Monty Python...HA!!! I love that!! Nice one rustiswordz!!
"It's just a scratch..."
"Just a scratch!! You're arm's off!!"
"I've had worse..."

laughing

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 11:10 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rustiswordz
Rusty i aint......

quote:
Originally posted by Lyn
Monty Python...HA!!! I love that!! Nice one rustiswordz!!
"It's just a scratch..."
"Just a scratch!! You're arm's off!!"
"I've had worse..."

laughing

Monty Python: Arm/legless knight on the ground: Ill take all of you on, come back here and face me, b******s! Ill bite your ankles........

LOL laughing

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 12:27 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I just want to make it clear that it has NEVER been official, canonical history that Anakin/Vader fell into a lava pit. Never mind what the books say. It sill remains a major possibility but NOT a certainity.

GL will never pay any attention to what the books say when doing the films, so you may as well get used to that. That should have been self-evident already, seeing as the books say that Owen Lars was Obi-Wan's brother. Just junk it all.

The films have always been a seperate deal.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Nov 8th, 2003 at 01:32 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 01:28 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rustiswordz
Rusty i aint......

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I just want to make it clear that it has NEVER been official, canonical history that Anakin/Vader fell into a lava pit. Never mind what the books say. It sill remains a major possibility but NOT a certainity.

GL will never pay any attention to what the books say when doing the films, so you may as well get used to that. That should have been self-evident already, seeing as the books say that Owen Lars was Obi-Wan's brother. Just junk it all.

Whoa what do we have here, someone who takes star wars a bit TOO seriously.

Lighten up.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 01:50 PM
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

HA HA! yeah, the only thing that EVER said Owen was Obi-wan's brother was the ROJ novel which was long before they watched the novels for continuity. Lucas at the time probably did think that. Then he decided to change it. EU always adapts to the changes GL makes. The old novelizations don't even measure up to the EU novels so I don't know anyone who takes them seriously. The fact that they said Lava pit doesn't literally mean lava either. There are plenty of factories or shipyards they could fight in that would have the same effect if you fell into say molten metal. It wasn't meant to be taken literally. Just something to give you an IDEA of the source of his major injuries.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 04:58 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
the real deal

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 07:21 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

There is no fake deal. Maybe for you there is, but not for every hard
core star wars fan. Both the movies and the EU are the real deal. Even
though the movies are the primary basis.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Last edited by Dirty Vader on Nov 8th, 2003 at 08:45 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 08:16 PM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

There is no fake deal. Maybe for you there is, but not for every hard
core star wars fan. Both the movies and the EU are the real deal. Even
though the movies are the primary basis.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 08:17 PM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

EU can never be the real deal, only one original

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 08:50 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

fact remains that vader's wounds are consistant with falling a great distance and inhaling large quantities of volcanic ash, I think there's actually a name for it...volcanosis I believe. i'll agree to disagree and say that unless you've been reading hardcore spoilers (as I have), all we know is why vader is impaired, not how he was initially damaged (apart from the arm)

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 05:13 AM
finti

quote:
i'll agree to disagree and say that unless you've been reading hardcore spoilers (as I have), all we know is why vader is impaired, not how he was initially damaged (apart from the arm)
well said

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 08:29 AM
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

quote:
Originally posted by rustiswordz
Monty Python: Arm/legless knight on the ground: Ill take all of you on, come back here and face me, b******s! Ill bite your ankles........

LOL laughing

laughing
*rolls around on floor, having uncontrollable bursts of laughter*
I LOVE THOSE MOVIES!! ((Not as much as SW but yeah...))

As for the topic...I can't say anything other than--I'll wait until 2005 to see what happens to him.

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 09:08 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godfather
Godfather

i can’t see the point in doing things in half measures, and I really can’t see the point in GL keeping continuity amongst the books and the EU if he’s not going to do it himself. I really hope for his stake and that of SW fans that’s he try’s to keep as much continuity in the films as he as made other do in the books. And I personally think he as not done much wrong so far in the films so far (jar jar not included), nothing major anyway!!!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 04:05 PM
Click here to Send godfather a Private Message Find more posts by godfather Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rustiswordz
Rusty i aint......

quote:
Originally posted by godfather
i can’t see the point in doing things in half measures, and I really can’t see the point in GL keeping continuity amongst the books and the EU if he’s not going to do it himself. I really hope for his stake and that of SW fans that’s he try’s to keep as much continuity in the films as he as made other do in the books. And I personally think he as not done much wrong so far in the films so far (jar jar not included), nothing major anyway!!!

That explains it! It wasnt Anakin who falls into the lava and becomes Darth Vader.

it was Jar Jar Dinks! He had his ears burnt off and his tounge ripped out and the Emperor thought, 'stuff Anakin! I found my Real Apprentice!'

Thus Darth Pointless was born. evil bumbling fool of a tyrant. people appease the Dark Lord not out of fear but just to be rid of the walking buffon before he causes another accident which killes 500,000 citizens.

Afterward in an interview in his heavily fortified Skywalker Ranch (fortified due to the numerous suicidal attacks from outraged Star Wars fans) George Lucas was quoted as saying: it is my money, my film i can do as i want. (as another mortar shell lands with the words 'stuf-u-George' scrawled in chalk on its casing!)

LOL

laughing

Last edited by rustiswordz on Nov 9th, 2003 at 05:44 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 05:40 PM
godfather
Godfather

lol

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 02:10 PM