KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Original Trilogy Changes

Original Trilogy Changes
Started by: Noola

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

You know what should be done about the DVD's? They should include both the original theatrical versions, and the new "definitive" versions, which will most likely be the SE with whatever other cut scenes GL intends to stick in there.

I say that the DVD's will include the SE versions, because I think we all know that GL is concerned in "finishing" his movies ("Films are never finished, only abandoned.")

And on this part I have a certain sympathy for him. I would very much like to see a "finished" version that includes all the scenes filmed, as those scenes make the movies what they were meant to be.

I think SOME people here are forgetting that the theatrical versions were edited versions, and not the whole movies.

Now, onto the movie problems themselves...

A New Hope

The letters and numbers
The tractor beam power generator. The countdown screen on the Death Star. The Rebels' targeting computers.

These always REALLY aggravated me. It should not be too hard to replace the lettering and numerals with Arubesh (I know the spelling is incorrect).

Confrontation on the skills of stormtroopers

Not really a problem, but at the wrecked Sandcrawler on Tattooine, Obi-Wan is speaking of the blast points. "Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

Someone tell me, what is with this?! In every trooper confrontation, they can't hit the broad side of a barn!

Han and Greedo's confrontation
There's been a ton of argument on this, and I simply do not get why. Sorry to speak so plainly, but who really gives a damn about who shot first? The point is, Greedo missed. Han didn't.

Han and Jabba
This scene could use a bit of work. Jabba needs to be retextured, very badly. And is it just me, or does he seem a bit... small, compared to the RotJ version?

Oh, and Han's parting words. "Jabba, you're a wonderful human being." Unless this is meant to be an insult, this needs to be reworded.

The Rebel's hologram
The AotC hologram is much better, but there is a good excuse. First of all, the galaxy's been on a decline ever since the Empire took over. Buaety and looks are abandoned for military efficiency and amount of units.

Then, think about it. The Rebels have a makeshift base inside an ancient temple. Most likely, it was put together rather hastily, and from bits and pieces that several people acquired. Come on, it's not like an illegal group of a few squadrons is gonna have the best equipment in the galaxy!

Ahh, I watched ANH today, so those are what I can remember. I'll watch ESB tomorrow and come back with more.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 05:49 AM
Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

nonono! they can't change the "jabba, you're a wonderful human being"-line!!! that's hilarious :d

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 10:37 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

good call yerssot, that's supposed to be a JOKE. You know a joke? funny? not meant to be serious? the wording MAKES it funny.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 08:01 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

Yup, yup. But I disagree with your point of view about the Han and Greedo scene. Han was supposed to have the situation under control
but he very nearly died unless he knew Greedo was going to miss.
Otherwise he's a lucky b*****d not a top notch smuggler.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 10:53 PM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

greedo wasn't going to hit him! han still owes jabba a lot of money!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 11:12 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Noola, if you want to take out all your smothered rage on Lucas himself, there is a website where you can send a letter to him.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 04:22 AM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Not really a problem, but at the wrecked Sandcrawler on Tattooine, Obi-Wan is speaking of the blast points. "Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

Someone tell me, what is with this?! In every trooper confrontation, they can't hit the broad side of a barn!

Han and Jabba
This scene could use a bit of work. Jabba needs to be retextured, very badly. And is it just me, or does he seem a bit... small, compared to the RotJ version?

Oh, and Han's parting words. "Jabba, you're a wonderful human being." Unless this is meant to be an insult, this needs to be reworded.

I agree with both points. In addition to the stormtroopers always missing when they shoot at the main characters, I have read stuff about how the imperial stormtroopers are trained to be totally obedient and suchwhat. In the movies, though, it seems like they do some things that are really stupid, notably the scene where the Falcon is trapped on the Death Star and it shows the two guards outside. You hear Han say something like "little help here" and the two stupid guards go inside to help without orders from an officer. Then they get shot.

Jabba definitely needs to be redone. The fact that he looks so corny was probably due to it having been done in the early days of digital animation. It took them a whole year just for that one scene!

Since I first saw the SE, I have wondered about Han's "parting words" as you put it. If you watch the little intro to the ANH SE, it talks about how they originally thought that Jabba was going to be a very different kind of creature, more like Chewbacca. So they first filmed the scene using an actor to stand in for whatever they designed. By the time they were done with the movie, they still didn't know what Jabba was going to look like, so they ommited it. They just had Han call him a "human being," and thought it would work out okay. So, mephisto, it was not meant to be a joke. They did it because it was either that or getting rid of the scene entirely. Also, in the SE, they show Han stepping on Jabba's tail (once again, you can see why they did that if you watch the SE intro). I think that was a bad idea. He's a Hutt. He would theoretically get really pissed off if someone stepped on his tail.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Last edited by Darth Revan on Nov 15th, 2003 at 04:41 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 04:39 AM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

jabba looks less like jabba and more like those things we leave coiled in the john. The rebel hangar looks like a movie set in a parking garage-this can be fixed with a few lighting effects. Luke screams: CARRIE instead of leia, that is just bad. also, all three films need some major reorchestration and or remixing at various times. sorry to be reduntant but the ANH soundtrack bugs me. I just hope lucas doesn't remove the trooper who bashes his head, that ties in to jango doing the same in ep2. also, what do you think of having temura morrison revoice all the troopers. they all sound the same anyway so is this really necesary to keep up the clone image?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 06:41 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

Even though people always say that stormtroopers are clones, EU has
said that stormtroopers are normal men (who train at the Imperial training Academy of Carida).So I hope there's no contradiction between EU and the prequels here.
So I dont think, they should sound exactly the same or else there would be a problem.
Jabba from ANH and Jabba from ROTJ are completely different. One looks fatter and the other looks like a friendly caracter.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 10:22 AM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

so... does that imply then to you that all the clonetroopers get killed and get replaced by persons who turn into stormtroopers?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 11:57 AM
Noola
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why all the "New Hope Jabba" bashing? Maybe he went on the Atkins diet but later gave up? big grin

Fear not, however! For although I may be gone, my memory lives on through my second profile, "Ahnold", the great governor of califohrnia!

In truth, I was not as tough as "Ahnold", and not as cool as "Gus" {profile no. 3}; but dammit, I can at least be proud that I had the weirdest name of all three...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 02:12 PM
Click here to Send Noola a Private Message Find more posts by Noola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
so... does that imply then to you that all the clonetroopers get killed and get replaced by persons who turn into stormtroopers?

Well there are 1.2 million clone troopers, which is not a lot, so they could get killed. Otherwise some would be 50- 60 years old in ANH due to the growth acceleration which is quite old for a stormtrooper.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 09:07 PM
yerssot

they can always replace them by new batalions like Taun We said with
"and remember, if you need more units (?), it will take more time to grow them"
it means they can making some afterwards, possibly even without the host being around all the time

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 10:14 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan
If you watch the little intro to the ANH SE, it talks about how they originally thought that Jabba was going to be a very different kind of creature, more like Chewbacca. So they first filmed the scene using an actor to stand in for whatever they designed.

I know this, as well. What I'm saying is, it should be pretty simple for GL to give Mr. Ford a call and say, "Hey, Harrison, I'd like to do a little rerecording for the Star Wars DVD."

Here's an easy solution: "Jabba, you're a wonderful PERSON." Or something like that.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 10:35 PM
Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

Yersot_That's the point, theyre going to stop develloping clones, and replace them by normal men. They don't want clones anymore. And if
there are some left, they'll become old during ANH, so no use for them.
BYE-BYE CLONES! *waves at the clones*

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 02:30 AM
yerssot

why don't they want clones anymore? they're doing fine imho
just keep them and draft "normal" humans into service too

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 11:07 AM
Dirty Vader

Because they rule nearly the whole galaxy and can recruit from The Worlds they control (Worlds containing humans).

At the time, the republic only used clones because they didnt have a choice. They didnt even know that clones had been developped and
only used them because they needed an army and the clones were there to be used. It was not always intended that the army would be made of clones: it just happened. Some senators didnt even know that the army would be made of clones before they gave the chancellor emergency powers.

And Palpatine doesent like aliens and women in his service so I dont
think he'd like clones.

Thus at the end of the clone wars, clones have stopped being develloped
(I dont know why for sure but EU and stormie voices seem to point in that direction) and those who have not died during the war would eventualy become to old. And I dont think mixing normal men and clones would be a wise idea. Imagine having 50 guys that look exactly the same in the same barracks as you. It would cause discontent because off-duty stormtroopers take their helmets off and interact with others.

The only imperial clones that appear are the ones used By Thrawn in
Dark Force Rising/Last Command. According to EU, these Spaarti Clone Cylinders were a remnant of the clone wars, so they have to be the ones produced by the kaminoans.

So it means that those cylinders were without a doubt a last resort and therefore never used in the empire before.

Last edited by Dirty Vader on Nov 16th, 2003 at 12:36 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 12:09 PM
yerssot

those cylinders are EU, Kamino can easily continue to keep producing clone troopers if necessary

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 05:43 PM
Dirty Vader

What do you mean? That EU is irelevant yet again?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 06:24 PM
yerssot

yes, EU is ALWAYS irrelevant

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 06:34 PM