KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Original Trilogy Changes

Original Trilogy Changes
Started by: Noola

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

well, according to some of the ep3 rumors, there may be clone factories all over coruscant and the republic. however there are countless planets so how about we agree to disagree, using growth acceleration and jango's decaying DNA as a proof and say that most stormtroopers are clones but many are conscripted civilians from caridia. The scouts are all civillians thus explaining their disorganized behavior in ROJ. Most civillian troopers are scouts or commanding stormtroopers. civillians can advance in rank. clones cannot. The Special forces or ARC Troopers are trained with force pikes and double bladed sabers and then become the imperial guard (i base this on infinities which featured the roya guard using double bladed sabers). how's that for a theory?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 11:52 PM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

i agree, once the clones were brought in, i didn't think it messed with EU, just means some are clones, some aren't. The fact that they have different armor may also be evidence of this. New kinds of troopers, new clones. Plus, i think you run into the same problem with clones that you do with droids, similar minds, minimized critical thinking...Sometimes you need some individuals in a crowd to properly lead when the bantha poodoo hits the repulsor drive.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 08:02 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

the ARCs are the coolest though

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 03:22 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Luke screams: CARRIE instead of leia, that is just bad.

When does he scream "Carrie?"

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 05:01 AM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

heehee bantha poodoo heehee

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 05:10 AM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

maybe lucas should add some scenes of carrie fisher toking on jabba's hooku. come on, you know why he's always eating those frogs. "Ho Ho HO (My hand is so big) Ho Ho HO Ho Ho"

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 08:15 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan
When does he scream "Carrie?"

Famous one that. When getting out of his X-Wing at the end of ANH.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 12:42 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

brilliant one

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 02:57 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

he does not, god people just want to find flaws in perfection. he screams heeey! and it came out as two syllables because he was supposed to sound terribly excited. There is no way in hell he would allow a take of him yelling carrie in the film. It sounds like Vader says F*** in Empire when luke kicks him off the freezing platform in Bespin, but I must say I'm pretty sure he's not really saying that. Somebody started that a long time ago and everyone has jumped on the band wagon. You can make it sound like that if you want to, if you're already thinking he said it. But the sad truth is he just yells Heeey! and it comes out in two syllables that makes it sound simlar to if someone yelled carrie.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 07:33 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

and Jello: The ARC's are the mother$%^#ing $#!+ !!!!! They are so friggin' cool. Temura Morrison is on the cast list, and since the clones have already been shown without helmets and they don't look like him, I think an ARC might get some screen time, might be the clone Obi-wan has befriended in all the rumours. The ARC's are direct clones of Jango, so they will look exactly like him. Which, for Obi-wan I would think would take some getting used to after his little beef wtih Jango. Have you seen those things in action in the cartoon? Damn they can move. The first time they showed them in the Battle of Kamino in the comics made my hair stand on end. Those are my favorite Clone Wars era EU characters, here's hoping they're canon by summer 2005!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 07:38 PM
yerssot

I also don't hear him say that messed

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 09:13 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

i've heard a lot of BS about star wars bloopers, "carrie" being one of them and another involves a potato in the asteroids in ESB. And I thought they all looked like Jango. the only difference is that the ARCs were Personally trained by jango, not in simulations. thats why they are the prime candidates for the royal guard. BTW, have you seen the helmetless boba in ESB infinities? What the hell happened to his face?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 11:15 PM
finti

quote:
Heeey! and it comes out in two syllables that makes it sound simlar to if someone yelled carrie.
no way you can get heeey to sound like carrie though.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 06:48 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

perhaps it's because you want to believe it's carrie?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 01:04 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

exactly yerssot. You could yell "Hay-ee" (as he did). And that, in all the rumble, could be heard as Cariee.

Darth Jello-It says in the Battle of Kamino comics that the ARC's were DIRECT clones with NO MANIPULATION. If you think the clones look that much like Jango, go watch the scene in II where they show some clones eating, put a good well lit pic of Jango up next to the screen (do I need to ad with his mask off?) and look well. They look like they could be related. But they aren't the same actor. This is to show the affects of the genetic manipulation. ARC's are direct clones, so they look just like him.
I like the idea of the ARC's being the royal guard, but I always thought of them a Sith disciples, not force users per se, but down with the Sith order.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 07:37 PM
mephistodesigns

as for boba's face, what happened to it you ask?

His job.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 07:37 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well now, this shows a certain want of knowledge from some fans! The issue is more complex than just denying its possible truth.

In the Insider's Guide, it clearly says that George Lucas himself admitted that Mark Hamill did indeed say "Carrie."

I know Ben Burtt and even Mark Hamill disagree but I believe GL.

Ben, after all, says it is a result of sound processing, but GL was there to hear it, and Mark Hamill only says he MEANT to say something but it came out wrong, so one way or another I am pretty sure that what he said sounded like "Carrie" even if he didn't mean to say that.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Nov 19th, 2003 at 07:51 PM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

just because someone can use a double bladed saber and a force pike doesn't make them a force disciple. In one cut scene from ROJ vader actually threatens a guard with the force and chokes him. I think a force disciple would be able to avoid such a fate. As for Boba's face. He looks just like jango except unshaven. what i'm reffering to is that he has a huge disgusting scar running diagnolly across his face. It looks like half of it was torn away at some point. again this info comes from infinities.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 08:30 PM
mephistodesigns

a force disciple doesn't mean force user. it means one who would be like a groupie to the Emperor but (hopefully) without the sexual favors.

and AGAIN:
His job. Does it matter? its just showing he's been through hell, we knew that, and they're just showing it. Its just supposed to be cool. There's no storyline for it, it was just the artists decision to make him look hardcore. A lot of the art in the comics is off a bit. They use images from the movies, sometimes when they don't even make a lot of sense, simply to make it feel like the movies. The art for Jedi Vs. Sith is awfull (the designs, the actions fine).

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 08:09 PM
mephistodesigns

and if ben burtt (the professional sound guy) says no, that's good enough for me.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 08:09 PM