KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Emporer *POSSIBLY MAJOR SPOILERS*

The Emporer *POSSIBLY MAJOR SPOILERS*
Started by: nephalim27

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nephalim27

The Emporer *POSSIBLY MAJOR SPOILERS*

Isn't the Emporer's name Emporer Palpatine or am I losing my mind? If that's the case, is there any guess to who the Emporer/Darth Sidious(who looks just like Palpatine) is? Palpatine even looks like the Emporer himself...but the point of the thread is his name, not his looks.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 05:32 AM
Click here to Send nephalim27 a Private Message Find more posts by nephalim27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

palpatine and sidious are one and the same, as for his first name...there are three schools of thought, 1. is that the original name for the emperor was cos Dashit. after a misprint on IMD people thought that his first name was still Cos. this is further made confusing by the fact that Cos may stand for chairman of the senate. 2. No one is sure if this came from a rough ep 1 draft or if this is Supershadows BS but some think his first name is Dantius. 3. the most popular point of view is that just like Dooku, Palpatine's first name has not yet been revealed.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 05:48 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

from all the canon and half-canon sources I saw/read/ ... I never heard about his first name and I doubt it will be revealed.

and yes, the emperor is palpatine if that was the question messed

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 11:10 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

*posts the exact same post as Yerssot*
+ if you saw this from supershadow, dont bother keeping it in your head,
because 99% of what he says is full of crap.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 01:05 PM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

exactly, thats what I said. Dantius does have a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 11:13 PM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

so did Finnis, doesn't mean it's his name or that it will be revealed

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 06:38 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

finnis was terrance stamp's chancellor vellorum's first name. Is the point of this thread to discuss whether Palpatine and Sidious were one and the same? If it is, I'm pretty sure everybody could figure that out from the Phantom Menace trailers...

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 07:08 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

and i also agree with yerssot, outside of SS, I've never heard his first name mentioned.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 07:09 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

me neither

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 07:16 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

IMDB mistakingly listed it as Cos for awhile, again repeat, rinse repeate the guy is sidious

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 03:14 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

So... I guess this is pretty sorted. Anything useful to be added?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 12:43 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nephalim27

The actual question was whether the Emporer's (last) name is revealed as "Emporer Palpatine," way back in the first 3 movies I believe, as before I saw the first Star Wars Prequel I knew his (the emporer's) name is Palpatine.

As for whether they are the same person (the chancellor and the emporer,) that's obvious smile

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 04:42 PM
Click here to Send nephalim27 a Private Message Find more posts by nephalim27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

thanks for stating the obvious.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 04:45 PM
Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

i never heard the name Palpatine in the OT, its been in books though, and then in the PT. Lucas probably had it in one of the novelizations of the films.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 07:06 PM
finti

yes it was in the Novelization of ANH, Journal of the Whills prolouge to the book. I quote:
Aided by the restless, power hungry individuals of commerce, the ambitious Senator Palpatine caused himself to be elected President of the Republic. He promised to reunite the disaffected among the people and to restore the remebered glory of the Republic.
Once secure in office he decleared himsel Emperor, shutting himself way from the populace

So his name has been there from the first novelization

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 09:12 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

in the ep II dvd commentray (or was it ep 1?) lucas lets it slip that sidious is the emperor

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 11:08 PM
finti

the fact that sideous is gonna be the emperor was clear from the first moment we saw him in TPM. I cant understand those who didnt see Palpatine and Sidious was the same person. It was so damn obvious

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 06:38 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

i saw it right away...i was like "wait a damn minute...thats the emperor!!!!!"

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 06:49 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

thanks finiti, i knew it was in one of them but i couldn't remember.

And yeah, I don't think Lucas was even remotely trying to mask who palpatine and sidious are, anyone who even remotely follows the films and knows the back story Lucas has supplied (like the ones in the books like finiti posted) can see it. There was no reason to keep it a secret. If you weren't following any EU you might not be able to figure it out, but you would in ep3 anyway so it wouldn't matter.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 07:20 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

i know that my friend didnt see it...we were watching ep.1 when it came out on video and he started asking all these questions. he had no idea palpantine and the emperor were the same person.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 07:22 PM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote