KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The TRUE tragedy of Darth Vader

The TRUE tragedy of Darth Vader
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Theres a special device for that on board. all I have to do is plug in.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 09:02 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Yeah. Im sure JP would love to be f*cked by Darth Vader's little cousin.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 09:19 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Errr.... he's not little.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 09:37 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Yeah. Little, cold, and dead.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 09:37 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Nope... that's not the one.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 09:40 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

yes no

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 10:39 PM
queeq
Chaos

Nope... must be yours.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 07:54 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

OHELLNO!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 01:15 PM
queeq
Chaos

Judging by your response, I must be close to the mark.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 02:33 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 05:59 PM
queeq
Chaos

Good, you agree.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 08:29 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 08:43 PM
queeq
Chaos

Upside down.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 06:49 AM
phantomlaw

He's weak

The PT has affected my assessment of Vader as well. Not so much from the standpoint of how powerful he was, but from an emotional, mental and psychological perspective.

In the end, I see him as weak. Not weak as a Jedi or Sith, but weakminded, easily manipulated, wrought with fear, foolish; and later, filled with anger and bitterness.

Some might argue that it's natural to find these characteristics in an evil man like Vader. On the one hand, I agree. But in the OT you see only power and a quest for more power, driven ostensibly by ambition and the ruthless perspective that powerful men are entitled to take whatever they want.

In essence, the Vader in the OT is a powerful man on a quest for more power for power's sake. But from the perspective of the prequels, you realize that Vader is a failure in his own eyes. It 's true that Vader remains one of the most powerful Jedi/Sith in an absolute sense, but he never planned to sit second chair. You realize looking back that Vader was on a ruthless quest for power because that was all he had left.

Vader's backstory changes our understanding of the nature of his quest. There's a difference between seeking power because you want more and seeking power because you can't have anything else.

Anakin sacrificed everything to save Padme and rule the galaxy. He knew that with additional study and mastery of the force, his powers would far surpass Palpatine's. It would only be a matter of time until he sat on the throne.

As he lay helpless on the banks of the volcano, pitifully sliding into the lava, he knew it had all been for nothing. Palpatine admitted he couldn't save Padme, Vader himself was responsible for her death, and in the wake of his own egotism and poor judgment he knew he could never fulfill his ambitions.

In the end, he was left a bitter, angry man tormented by the reality that he would never be the man he should have been.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2016 06:37 PM
Click here to Send phantomlaw a Private Message Find more posts by phantomlaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I don't know which Vader I like better. The PT certainly didn't do much good for the OT Vader.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 11:18 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Vader was about as emotionally weak as it gets.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 03:03 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Whiny...

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 07:06 AM