KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Temeura Morrison in Ep III

Temeura Morrison in Ep III
Started by: Ken Kenobi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

Temeura Morrison in Ep III

The Official site recently revealed the character that the native Maori New Zealander is playing in Star Wars Episode 3.

The name...Commander Cody

Is he going to be a Clonetrooper that has been given a name? Or do you think he may be a Commander for another faction?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 02:47 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel Racer
Webmaster

interesting news, thanks

Imagine what you'll "know" tomorrow.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 04:36 AM
Click here to Send Rebel Racer a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel Racer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: perhaps he's the clone that OB1 is befriended with, the one that may call him Ben?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 10:01 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Quite possibly.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 10:32 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

nah, it was my suggestion

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 10:35 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

maybe they'll put in an ARC. My only reasoning for this is that II established that the clones don't look exactly like Jango (shown in the dining area on Kamino, they look related but certainly not the same actor, and it would have been cheaper to just show Morrison). They have occasionally slipped things into EU that end up in Movies. If they're revealing Greivous in the cartoon, maybe the ARC theory has some weight too. I just really like ARC's though. And this is a good argument for a possible happening in 3 so don't give me no EU crap cuz this is a viable possiblity until we hear otherwise.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 06:39 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

They didn't look like him then because they were younger, I thought.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 06:57 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Yeah, those clones were supposed to be about 20.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 08:31 PM
yerssot

thought they dropped the entire ARC idea as said somewhere in an interview or something? messed

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 09:25 PM
mephistodesigns

never heard that. and they picked a different actor for a reason. that guy looked more like Typho than Jango. they said they were altered from jango, messing with genes would have an effect on apperance. but i'm really not interested in debating the whole arc thing. it probably won't happen anyway. I just thought it would be cool. but again, they don't really have time to get into any new characters, aside from Grevous I mean.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 12:23 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

they never messed with the genes!
as Lama Su clearly says:
"Pure genetic replica"
the only thing that is different from the original host is that the clonetroopers got grow-acceleration

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 12:40 AM
VengeanceGOD

And they lost all sense of individuality, so that they would follow orders. Did you listen to Lama Su? smile

Could someone tell me what the ARC thing is? I've heard about ARC troopers in my Stormtrooper costuming group, but that's about it.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 06:43 AM
Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

The ARC troopers were personally trained by Jango himself.

So they are more street smart than the other clones.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 09:20 AM
yerssot

Advanced Reconnaisance Clones, I think, the elite, best of the best, and up till now only EU I see

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 11:30 AM
LanceWindu

It would be a nice touch to see one or two in the background on [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Kashyyyk or something.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 08:06 PM
mephistodesigns

There were originally shown in the comics as being six with just the blue armor. They are direct clones of Jango, no alterations. 5 of the 6 died in the battle of Kamino. The sixth was named Alpha by Anakin. The Cartoon showed that there are now more, as well as a red commanding officer. It would be nice to see them thrown in some where. They are really neat looking. I'm would like to know whether or not they are ILM art dept. creations or not. They aren't in the 'Art of' as far as I can tell. The first I ever saw was in the comic. And yerrsot: they said that "You'll find they are totally obediant, taking any order with out question. We modified their genetic structure to make them less independent than the original host.". He adds that in payment, Jango requested a clone with no "genetic alteration at the structural level".

AND this is very interesting, a line altered from the final version: when asked who was the host, Lama Su says:"A bounty hunter called Jango Fett. We felt a Jedi would be the perfect choice, but Sifo-Dyas hand picked Jango Fett himself". Guess that ends that debate. Sifo is Dooku's alias, taken from a dead jedi. guess it really was that simple.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 12:59 AM
VengeanceGOD

Ahhh....but that line is cut. So it's no longer Canon.

I WIN! smile

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 07:09 AM
Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

as said in the EpII discussion, it's in the novel,
so actually ... it's a tie

meph got a point cause it's in the EpII novel (a canon source)
VG got a point cause we have to wait till EpIII to know if it's true or not

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 10:56 AM
Shadowkiller

It would be way cool to see an ARC Trooper in Episode 3. I dont think it will happen though .

For some reason when I herd of the Comander Cody charater a guy that looked like an Imperial Officer came to mind.
But this morning on the force. net they had a picyure of a Camando Cody from the old serials who might be the insperation for Comander Cody. This character had a helmet and a jet pack much like Jango.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 05:09 PM
Click here to Send Shadowkiller a Private Message Find more posts by Shadowkiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

it's not because someone with the same name means this one will look the same

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 05:18 PM