KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » NJO Luke vs. Count Dooku, Tulak Hord, & Exar Kun

NJO Luke vs. Count Dooku, Tulak Hord, & Exar Kun
Started by: Se7in

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Se7in

NJO Luke vs. Count Dooku, Tulak Hord, & Exar Kun

NJO Luke is at the same skill he was when he faced Overlord Shimrra. Stated by Jaina Solo as moving so fast it seemed he was using 25 lightsabers, and this coming from a Force-User, not by your average witness.

Count Dooku is in his prime, ROTS, as we've seen him.

Tulak Hord is in his prime, whatever given time period that is.

Exar Kun is at the same skill level he was when he killed Vodo and the entire Senate. He is wielding his double-bladed lightsaber.

This fight is saber only, however, combatants can use the force to enhance their abilities and replenish their stamina, but not heal themselves. The only other allowed Force ability is Force Jump, no push, pull, lightning, choke, etc.

This fight takes place in the middle of the Tatooine Desert, Luke starts in the middle, with all three combatants surrounding him in the form of a triangle.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 01:32 AM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

FYI, Kun didn't kill Vodo and the Senate, he killed Vodo and temporarily froze the senate.

That being said, this is close - supposedly, Tulak's saber skills are so good that he makes the KoToR era Sith look like children playing with toys. I'd say he's the best of the trio. Dooku's the worst - but not to far behind Exar. I'm thinking the trio might win, but it could go either way.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 02:11 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthsith19
FYI, Kun didn't kill Vodo and the Senate, he killed Vodo and temporarily froze the senate.

Oh really, well, I'll edit my post then.

Thanks for the clarification.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 02:53 AM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

The only one in the senate he killed was the supreme chancellor or whatever his title was back then.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 03:08 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why is Dooku worse than Exar Kun exactly? Do you have an argument for that?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 03:48 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Lets see, Kun stalemated friggin Ulic in a saber duel, and Ulic has shown extremely great saber skills, such as defeating Mandalore in a single move, and defeating King Ommin in a single move. He defeated Warb Null in a single move, and Warb Null has fended off multiple opponents at once before. Kun stalemated Ulic. Kun also created the double bladed lightsaber. I don't see Dooku beating him.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 04:40 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lets see, Kun stalemated friggin Ulic in a saber duel, and Ulic has shown extremely great saber skills, such as defeating Mandalore in a single move, and defeating King Ommin in a single move. He defeated Warb Null in a single move, and Warb Null has fended off multiple opponents at once before. Kun stalemated Ulic. Kun also created the double bladed lightsaber. I don't see Dooku beating him.

Dooku was also one of the greatest saber duelists of the order's entire 25,000 year history.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 05:10 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

This is a hell of a fight for Luke, no doubt...he COULD win, but the Trio'll give him an extremely hard fought time.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 05:12 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I think he'll lose. If this was his LOTF version with Force Powers he'd probably have a better chance, but in this case I see him going down, but not without taking one or two with him.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tulakhordpwns
?

Does anyone know how much time passed from Kun stalemating Ulic to when he freezes the senate? It would help to show how much Kun would have improved.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 08:54 PM
Click here to Send tulakhordpwns a Private Message Find more posts by tulakhordpwns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Blasmaster-

Well, It has been 6 months from the time Kun fought Ulic to the time Ulic fought Mandalore. Then Kun brought a handful of Jedi to Yavin to initiate them to the dark side. Kun must've trained those Jedi in the ways of the Sith. That wouldve taken him atleast a couple of months, because by that time Ulic was also preparing for the attack on Coruscant. Then Ulic attacked, got captured, and Kun went to rescue him.

So by my estimation its 8 months. Dont take my word for it though, its just an estimation. It could be more or less than 8 months. One thing that is not an estimation though is the 6 months, as it was outright stated in the comic.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 09:32 PM
Click here to Send -Blasmaster- a Private Message Find more posts by -Blasmaster- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

Originally posted by Lightsnake
This is a hell of a fight for Luke, no doubt...he COULD win, but the Trio'll give him an extremely hard fought time.

I tried making a thread that wasn't painfully obvious, like Revan vs. Gungans or Revan vs. Maul.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 10:24 PM
Lightsnake

It was 6 months, Blasmaster...h didn't train those guys, he infected them with Sith spirits

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 11:57 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Blasmaster-

Ah, they were indeed possessed by Sith spirits. Missed that part, my bad.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 10:11 PM
Click here to Send -Blasmaster- a Private Message Find more posts by -Blasmaster- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tulakhordpwns
?

So it was about 6 months? If so I fail to see how he is some incredible duelist with the doublebladed lightsaber. He has a short amount of time to invent an entirely new weapon, and in addition to that, he has to come up with a new method to fight with this weapon (since wielding it like a normal lightsaber would result in him chopping himself in half). The doublebladed saber will give him a huge advantage because no one has seen it before, but I doubt Kun is as skilled with a double bladed saber as some one who has trained their entire life with it (like Maul).

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 08:50 PM
Click here to Send tulakhordpwns a Private Message Find more posts by tulakhordpwns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Yeah, but Kun was a master swordsman even before creating the double-bladed lightsaber - I'm sure having excellent single bladed saber skills don't make you an excellent double-bladed lightsaber master, but it does probably help. Plus, Kun could have used a stick like Vodo's to train with the double bladed lightsaber before making it, it is the same thing except the stick is less durable, less dangerous, can't cut through everything.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 10:46 PM
Se7in

Yeah, but Kun was a master swordsman even before creating the double-bladed lightsaber - I'm sure having excellent single bladed saber skills don't make you an excellent double-bladed lightsaber master, but it does probably help. Plus, Kun could have used a stick like Vodo's to train with the double bladed lightsaber before making it, it is the same thing except the stick is less durable, less dangerous, can't cut through everything.

Not to mention that at any time, Kun could have just turned the other side off and went single.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 12:16 AM
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

He may lose or win, the problem is Tulak is kinda an unknown.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 12:28 AM
Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

Why is Tulak Hord in a debate, he is completely unknown.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 05:51 PM
Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0°Mandalore°0
Mandalorian Pride

He is... the only thing we know about him is that he was a Sith Lord that died on Korriban.
Well, Kreia said "the masters of today" would be like children playing with toys compared to the masters of the past.. but we really can't rely on that, can we?

A warrior knows nothing of surrender.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 10:25 PM
Click here to Send 0°Mandalore°0 a Private Message Find more posts by 0°Mandalore°0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote