KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The new domain names

The new domain names
Started by: Dim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dim
Creativity

The new domain names

I thought a few of those were quite interesting.

I think Cleigg Lars maybe be Anakin's foster father and Owen's father.

Shaakti could be a female apprentice or maybe a subbornate of Palpatines. a Shakti is a female consort or aspect of a male diety and has several different nuances associated with the name (this all depends on who you get the info from). One translation of the name is power so I guess it could fit a number of roles.

The most interesting is Kyberdart..isn't kyber crystals used in light sabers?..I couldn't find anything on it so I thought I should ask you guys. Anyway, it is I could see it being use in a couple of ways. Either as a tribal weapon (perhaps maybe the Sith people or another tribe) or maybe it could be used by a (force sensitive?) bounty hunter like Aurra Sing.

What do you guys think?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2000 06:23 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

?

Whats with these domain names?What are they?They say Lucasfilm reserved those sites but if you try to go to them they say it does not exist.Can someone please inform me what this is?

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Sep 4th, 2000 09:25 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Re: ?

They have to put up something before you can go to the address...otherwise you get that "cannot find site" or whatever it is.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2000 09:52 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tom Gon Jinn

Lord Ganbare.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2000 12:28 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

The most interesting ones are the ones that tell you who they are like senator something. I've been trying to work out if any of them are planets. Also there are two Beru's. One of them might be Beru's name before she gets married. Maybe she marries Owen the same time as Anakin and Padme.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2000 03:02 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I've just seen one that says ShmiLars. Maybe she does marry Owens father or it could be just to throw us off track.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2000 04:04 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I don't know...I'm not happy about this...it's too much too fast. I know that it's not really giving anything away..but it sure feels like it is sad

Old Post Sep 5th, 2000 08:57 AM
theEvilJedi

I'm sorry but I think there fakes.On theforce.net they have been talking about the guy who made them and it all seems fishing to me.And this is way too early to tell us this.Knowing how secret Lucas is do you really think he would reveal this all?

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Sep 5th, 2000 09:14 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I hope you're right...Of course I am more likely to believe the ones that are actually registered to LFL are legit rather than ones registered by Koenig...If Koenig is a cybersquatter I hope LFL doesn't pay him a penny for those sites...mad

Old Post Sep 5th, 2000 09:19 AM
Ratcat

Last count I made there were over 50 new domains registered but more than half were by the Koenig person. He registered all his a good 10 days or so before LFL.

As for your comment Dim, going by all the recent "Cyber Squater" cases that have been lost recently I think your wish will be forefilled. LFL have some great lawyers so I think they will loose out in the end.

This Koenig guy is is the US, am I right? I know that in the UK you can get free .Co.Uk domains names via ISP (as both Raz and I did as well as a number of others), though there are restrictions on access, i.e. you have to use their dial up to access mail/webspace. Can you do the same in the US.

The reason I ask is that if you can't then this Koenig guy must have invested rather a large amount of cash in these domain names.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2000 04:24 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I hope I'm right...what a jerk.

Anyway, I believe the registration fee is $70 per site or around that, but I think that's for the standard 2 year ownership. It's $35 for the 1 year resistration, which is what he got.

What a jerk mad

Old Post Sep 5th, 2000 07:20 PM
Ratcat

Looks like we may have judge Mr. Koenig a little too harshly. TF.N are reporting that he is actually the CIO, or Chief Infomration Officer for....... Lucas Film Limited. As TF.N put it:

"Basically that puts him as the head honcho for all the computer/ internet related services to Lucasfilm and it's subsidiaries."

Guess that included all Star Wars Internet activity....

Old Post Sep 6th, 2000 12:21 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Okay..I'm calming down now...smile

Old Post Sep 6th, 2000 01:07 AM
KJ
Sausages

I still don't understand why he is buying them. Who in their right mind is going to call their web site Cleigg Lars.com? I think he is buying them for nothing.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2000 02:36 AM
Dim
Creativity

I think they bought most of them just so nobody else could.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2000 07:52 AM
Ratcat

Judging by what we now know about him, Dim is probably correct. Or he's just doing it as part of his job?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2000 01:09 PM
KJ
Sausages

Does anyone else think that it is strange that he bought his on the 22nd and then Lucasfilm bought theirs on the 30th? It is like Lucasfilm were reacting to what this guy was doing but they were too late.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2000 12:50 AM
Ratcat

KJ, as far as LFL online concerns go he is the boss as far as TF.N have reported. Therefore it is possible that he may make reservations on behalf of LFL.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2000 02:46 AM
Xizor

This domain name stuff sounds like more of Lucas's tricks. He makes something sound hidden and real important, yet some people undoubtable see it and will spread his false rumors. People will think they are true due to all the secrecy surrounding them. It's very likely however that Lucas will regurgatate old names/ideas he used and abondoed. Kyber sounds likely as he has drifted away from the whole Kyber Crystal thing. An example of this can be found in a rough draft of an Ep3 script I read about 5 years ago. The script was supposedly written by Lucas in 1985. Anyhow in the script a lot of realistic things seem to happen, yet a prominant evil character is named Prince Valorum. Now remember I read this script back in '95 long before Chancellor Vallorum was known. So it's quite obvious that Lucas revisited his original prequel scripts in the mid-90's and revised them. He simply replaced Prince Valorum in Ep3 with Chancellor Valorum in Ep1. I have a feeling he will do this a lot in the next two films.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2000 07:51 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I don't really think it's a trick per say...but I think that LFL is just as happy if we assume all the wrong things.
Like I said before, I think that they register alot of them just so nobody else can...even if they're insignificant characters (I agree that most probably are).

Old Post Sep 7th, 2000 10:01 AM